PDA

View Full Version : Aix en Provence MF A-grade

Boo Boo
-24th November 2007, 23:48
Competition mini-site - http://licciardi.asptt-aix-escrime.fr/

Fencing is tomorrow (ok, technically "today"... ;) ), but poules are already up.

Good luck to all of the British fencers :)

Boo

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 09:28
Only Husayn and Dan Robinson eleiminated in the pools. James Davis 5 up, 18th seed - the rest in the middle.

What is the reasoning behind sending 10? It's one more than the maximum for a single referee, but the minimum number for 2 refs. This makes it the most expensive possible for the fencers it terms of referees' expenses. If you're going to need 2 refs, why not send 12 fencers?

doobarz
-25th November 2007, 09:50
L128

73 AVERBUKH Daniil RUS bt 56 MELIA Rhys GBR 15/10

James DAVIS bye

Rest fight later this morning

27ab1c
-25th November 2007, 10:35
L128

Jason Scourfield (63) bt Maxime David FRA (66) 15-12

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 10:48
Top seed Getz (USA) - the only one to beat James Davis in the pool - has abandoned without fencing a DE fight.

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 10:50
Ahmed Rosowsky, Ben Peggs, James Davis and Jason Scourfield in the 64.

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 11:12
Ahmed and Ben out. James and Jason still to fence.

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 11:43
James through to the 32. Jason out.

Foilling Around
-25th November 2007, 12:19
For those Geeks interested - NIF of 890

Compared to Eden Cup 1030 and Junior European 1170

Well above the minimum for a counting L32 which is 600.

So well done James, by my reckoning that makes another qualifier for the Worlds as James already has one L32 from the Eden Cup.

Getz does count in the NIF because he completed the poule and so influenced the results. The two who did not complete the poules would not contribute to the NIF as they did not influence the outcome of the event.

Foilling Around
-25th November 2007, 12:24
Wow - who needs the Eden Cup looks like James has made L16 and direct qualification anyway. Fantastic 15:8 vs Capoen of France

doobarz
-25th November 2007, 12:26
Getz is listed as 33rd. Does he have a world ranking thatmenas those finishing above him would boost the NIF further? Or has this sytem been abandoned?

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 12:45
For those Geeks interested - NIF of 890

Compared to Eden Cup 1030 and Junior European 1170

Well above the minimum for a counting L32 which is 600.

So well done James, by my reckoning that makes another qualifier for the Worlds as James already has one L32 from the Eden Cup.

Getz does count in the NIF because he completed the poule and so influenced the results. The two who did not complete the poules would not contribute to the NIF as they did not influence the outcome of the event.

They probably didn't even START the pools. Pools are drawn up before fencers actually check in.

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 12:53
Especially as they are down as Forfait, not Abandon

pinkelephant
-25th November 2007, 13:45
James out to Dmitry ZHEREBCHENKO of Russia (currently ranked no 8 in the World) - but only 15-13. Not bad for a cadet.:not_worth

Amee-Suu
-25th November 2007, 14:06
Fantastic result for James Davis. Well done.

kd5mdk
-26th November 2007, 01:20
Getz is listed as 33rd. Does he have a world ranking thatmenas those finishing above him would boost the NIF further? Or has this sytem been abandoned?

He's down at 132 in the FIE rankings.

Goodwood
-26th November 2007, 07:02

Yes very well done to James, brilliant result.

Boo Boo
-26th November 2007, 10:44

Yes, well done to James on a fantastic result :)

Well done to Jason, Ben and Ahmed on the L64s too. Shame that Rhys drew a difficult Russian in the 128.

So that is two JMF with World Championship qualifiers so far? Rhys and James?

Boo

pigeonmeister
-26th November 2007, 14:36
So that is two JMF with World Championship qualifiers so far? Rhys and James? Boo

And of course Ed jefferies, who is going regardless.

Foilling Around
-26th November 2007, 18:02
Slight correction - Marcus has 2 x L32 so has qualified.

That means that Ed Jeffries can only go if he gets the qualifying criteria as it has previously been reported that a pathway fencer who has not got the criteria will not be selected ahead of another fencer who has.

I have nothing at all against Ed who has been nice guy of the few occasions I have spoken to him. I hope for his sake that he makes the selection criteria, but if he does not then I hope that selection will be honoured.

MiniMelia
-3rd December 2007, 21:06
Slight correction Boo, its a shame Rhys fenced like a pillock against a Russian he felt he should have beaten :P

Good weekend for James, unlucky for Ahmed who had to endure some...interesting refereeing and Jason who also had a close fight with Zherebchenko. MF contingent is really strong at the moment and it is really showing with good results coming out from all of us.

Would like to back Paul on that comment pigeon, it is not Ed's fault that the rules are seen to be in his favour. No one has the right to blame/chastise Ed in the slightest, if you want to moan/complain do it to the people in control rather than the easy target.
If i was in Ed's position up there in Scotland I would jump at the opportunity to train down in London, so I take my hat off to him and I know how hard he's training and have respect for it..so if he does go/qualify for the Worlds, fair play to him.

MiniMelia.

pigeonmeister
-3rd December 2007, 22:02
Well said mate- not my intention to 'blame' Ed- he's a great fencer. I was just pointing out my understanding, mistaken as it happens, that pathway fencers were going alogside those already qualified. Ed's got a great chance of qualifying regardless.

Some real talent in MF U20's at the moment- they work really hard and are great fencers to watch. Big things to come, I hope.

Boo Boo
-3rd December 2007, 22:24
Some real talent in MF U20's at the moment- they work really hard and are great fencers to watch. Big things to come, I hope.

Indeed - very exciting things happening and to come, I am very sure: it is really great to see things so "competitive" :cool:

Boo

Foilling Around
-4th December 2007, 17:08
We seem to be developing a critical mass of talented Men's Foilists, by which I mean that they can work and compete with each other to drive up their standards and not rely on training abroad.

It is this critical mass and the coaches to service them which is the key to achieving and maintaining long term success.

Having one high flyer like RK is fantastic, but one off successes are not replicable with any certainty.

Achieving L8 and better on a number of occassions at both Cadet and Junior level by a number of fencers is a great start which we need to build on.

So how do we now achieve it at Women's Foil?