PDA

View Full Version : british youth champs

jonnyd
-25th October 2003, 22:08
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if U16s need an 800N plastron and two maraging foil blades?????????????

Thanks

John Dignam:confused:

Boo Boo
-26th October 2003, 17:26
According to the BYC information (http://www.britishfencing.com/2004%20Finals%20cir%C9lar%20updated.doc), you need:
"All equipment must conform with the current British Fencing Guidelines for Safety. Particular note will be taken of: (a) Masks must be without rust, holes or deformation and must have an elastic backstrap. (b) Clothing must be free from tears and damage or weakness. (c) A regulation plastron must be worn. (d) Gloves must overlap the sleeve. (e) Breeches must be worn, no alternatives will be allowed. (f) Socks must be of sufficient length to ensure that the legs are fully covered. (g) Blades must be of size two or smaller for the U14 Epee and Sabre events, and size 3 or smaller for U14 Foil events and the U10ís Championships must use size 0 blades. Please remember that all fencers are required to have a minimum of 2 working weapons on the piste. (h) Competitors equipment will be checked on the piste by the Referee and further spot checks will be made by the DT and Armourers. Competitors should note that weights will be used."

So a "regulation plastron" (I believe that can still be 350N at the moment, can anyone confirm that?) and "2 working weapons on the piste" (so they needn't be marraging blades).

Boo

Australian
-27th October 2003, 03:11
i'll go to referee at that... since i can't fence cos i missed the qualifiers cos i don't get there til january...

i'm sure theres room for a nationally qualified aussie president :)

Australian
-27th October 2003, 03:15
Originally posted by jonnyd
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if U16s need an 800N plastron and two maraging foil blades?????????????

Thanks

John Dignam:confused:

i'll let you borrow any of my stuff if you need it...

jonnyd
-27th October 2003, 21:51
Thanks for that, its a great help!

see you there

john dignam:)

jonnyd
-28th October 2003, 21:07
hi,

another query. what are the rules on wearing a mask with a design on in the BYC???

:)

Keith.A.Smith
-28th October 2003, 21:19
In the Under 16 you do not need an 800N plastron but you do in the Under 18. You need two working weapons but they need not be maraging baldes.

Keith