PDA

View Full Version : FIE license

Arturo
-27th October 2003, 15:18
Hey folks,

I'm moving to Bosnia in a few weeks, and there is no fencing federation there. I'm wondering how best to go about getting a license.

Can I get an FIE license without being a member of a fencing body (ie Scottish Fencing)? If not, I take it I still have to be a member of SF and get an FIE license.

Any help would be appreciated.

whizzkid1982
-27th October 2003, 15:25
you will need to be a member of a federation since an FIE licence simply is a guaruntee that you have insurance cover. it in itself does not include any insurance.

symon
-27th October 2003, 16:41
Originally posted by Arturo
Hey folks,

I'm moving to Bosnia in a few weeks, and there is no fencing federation there. I'm wondering how best to go about getting a license.

Can I get an FIE license without being a member of a fencing body (ie Scottish Fencing)? If not, I take it I still have to be a member of SF and get an FIE license.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm sure ive seen a couple of members on this forum that locate from bosnia & eastern europe, I'm not sure exactly who they are! but if your able to find them send them an " personal message they should be able to tell you of any federations in bosnia.

and i think if you go onto the Leon Paul website theres an Internation map which you can click on to find links of the areas

P.S. good Luck :)

Arturo
-27th October 2003, 17:06
I'm one of those people from Bosnia, and my girlfriend is the other!

There is no federation in Bosnia, hence my question. I can't join the Croation fed, even though that's where I'll be fencing, as I don't live there and I'm not Croatian. So, it looks like I'll have to renew my SF membership. Don't know if I'll have to get an FIE license or not. I think it's only needed for A-grades, and I definitely won't be doing any of those! Anyone know if I need an FIE license for anything else?

haggis
-27th October 2003, 19:12
Arturo

You'll probably need an FIE license if you're going to do any competitions in Bosnia or Croatia. They might be less than impressed with your SF license.

Hope you're having a good time.

Haggis

natsgrant
-28th October 2003, 08:58
thanks haggis.

so now - how does one go about getting an fie licence?

arturo's in scotland at the moment, but i'm here in bosnia. my sf licence runs out in about a month. do i just email scottich fencing and they can help me? or do i contact fie directly?

much fun! and all just to get my ass kicked by lots of eastern europeans....

3 Card Trick
-28th October 2003, 09:23
Get applicatiom form from BFA website and fax or post to BFA HQ. They will take credit card payment. Fee 17.50

atb

natsgrant
-28th October 2003, 09:44
you are a star.

thank you!

nats

Tihon
-31st October 2003, 09:44
Nats, Arturo,

For croatia you defenatelly won't need FIE licences - since there are no WC or A-grades here. You will be joined to my club as guests and participate on events on the invitation basis. That is what I have been told.

But you might want to have your licences for some events in Hungary, Austria, Italy etc.

I'll get you a nice burek when you come here again :-)

cheers

Tihon

natsgrant
-31st October 2003, 10:39
i was at teh gym last night. my bottom does not need a burek!

so what licence would we need for fencing at the club in zagreb?

nats

Tihon
-31st October 2003, 12:30
I guess none. Very few people in Croatia has FIE licences (like 30) and another 150 or 100 is fencing so.... I think you can come here and just enjoy yourselves.

Have a nice weekend

cheers

Tihon