PDA

View Full Version : New Style Membership Cards

Duncan Rowlands
-4th January 2008, 13:42
Just got my new card in the post.

Excellent design. It's the dog's bollocks!

Much better than the BFA card.

wrinkly sabreur
-4th January 2008, 17:05
I concur.

Happy new Year Dunc.

That's quite a sensible comment for a left handed g**.http://www.fencingforum.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

Linda L
-5th January 2008, 21:06
Just got my new card in the post.

Excellent design. It's the dog's bollocks!

Much better than the BFA card.
Ooo you have just made a couple of NVA committee members really happy..
Have you seen the web site and Newsletter yet?

L

Duncan Rowlands
-5th January 2008, 21:12
Ooo you have just made a couple of NVA committee members really happy..
Have you seen the web site and Newsletter yet?

L

Seen new web site design. Much better.

Read the Newsletter a bit ago. Has it changed?

Linda L
-5th January 2008, 21:40
Seen new web site design. Much better.

Read the Newsletter a bit ago. Has it changed?

As of about 3 hours ago!!! you are excused if you havent seen it yet....

wrinkly sabreur
-6th January 2008, 13:18
We aim only to please....

W.S

wrinkly sabreur
-6th January 2008, 13:33
P.S.

Dunc, I knew you were getting slow!
We've already read it at this establishment.

One serious comment. Although it's easier to pick and choose which bits you want read first, how does it affect those who still get a paper copy? Would the fact that the pages are non-sequential encourage people to skip bits? And then complain they were not told something because they were not attracted to the page by its title and therefore didn't bother to read it. Their fault, of course, but we have to protect the less capable from themselves sometimes.

Also, there seems to be much more in the way of unfilled space, which presumably means it takes more paper to print off than in the old, old letter style format (when adding much in the way of photos was impractical).

From a web viewing point of view, I agree it is a much better format.

Cheers

W.S.

Linda L
-6th January 2008, 17:41
P.S.

One serious comment. Although it's easier to pick and choose which bits you want read first, how does it affect those who still get a paper copy? Would the fact that the pages are non-sequential encourage people to skip bits? And then complain they were not told something because they were not attracted to the page by its title and therefore didn't bother to read it. Their fault, of course, but we have to protect the less capable from themselves sometimes.

Also, there seems to be much more in the way of unfilled space, which presumably means it takes more paper to print off than in the old, old letter style format (when adding much in the way of photos was impractical).

From a web viewing point of view, I agree it is a much better format.

Cheers

W.S.

Thanks for the comments WS fear not for the paper copy is the same minus the nav bar..... but it is 10 pages not lots of space ! next time I Intend to number the pages as well and also put a title, that may help a bit.
We also supply a PDF for those that want to print it off for future ref so I hope we have the bases covered....we try!
Linda