PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to the foilists

Keith.A.Smith
-28th October 2003, 18:24
Congratulations to Men's Foil. Richard Kruse of salle Paul made the top 8 in the World Championships. A superb result. Laurence Halsted 5th and David Riseley 6th in the Edewn Cup and David riseley than came 2nd in the Leon Paul Foil International. All in all very good results. it was pleasing to see Jamie Kenber and Leon Shah in the top 16 of the Eden Cup also.

Well dome to these fencers and their coaches.

I also thought the two days we well run and we had enough good foil refeeres to avoid problems. Thanks to them for giving up their weekend.I think mention should be made of John Ramsay, Rodney Francis and John Kennedy and his armoury team for all their hard work also.

Well done on the foil comiitee for organising the refreshements and making some much needed extra cash for foil.

Keith

Keith

tigger
-30th October 2003, 09:24
Hear, hear Keith!

Big up the foilists! Great start to the junior season - and a Truro boy up there with them...:grin:

Boo Boo
-30th October 2003, 09:48
Yes, definitely.

Special congratulations to Leon - whose hard work, dedication and determination (and , of course, his coaches ;) ) have helped him to make great achievements despite not belonging to a big London club (and having lots of people to practice against).

Isn't that "Sussex House boy" and not "Truro boy" now...?

Boo
(not stirring, honest...)

tigger
-31st October 2003, 08:50
Isn't that "Sussex House boy" and not "Truro boy" now...?

For 2 nights a month and in senior opens;) The rest of the time still Truro boy...

-31st October 2003, 17:13
AHEM- thats 3 nights not 2:grin:

Boo Boo
-31st October 2003, 17:18
Originally posted by 007
AHEM- thats 3 nights not 2:grin:

Ah, it starts with 2 nights, then its "AHEM - thats 3 nights", then its "Truro, where's that?" ;)

Boo
(very impressed with the Truro-London commute...)

-31st October 2003, 17:20
NO NO NO not at all Boo Boo!!!

Boo Boo
-31st October 2003, 21:56
Ok, will believe you :)

Good luck with it - very impressive :)

Boo

NoT V gOOd!
-6th November 2003, 21:12
Does any1 know the results of the GBR fencers that went to the europeans? Cos i been told that Mikey, Finished higher than Riseley oR Laurence

ne1 know plS TeLL uS!!

Well done 2 every1 ne wayZ !~

Boo Boo
-6th November 2003, 21:46
Its posted on another thread somewhere, but... http://www.hms.hr/clas_fhind.html

Riseley (20th) did better than Mickey (30th - still great result). Laurence was 41st, Scott Brodie went out after the first round (70th).

Boo

Boo Boo
-6th November 2003, 21:53
Whooops, sorry that should read "Mikey", not "Mickey" (old age creeping in on my part, either that or I am going Disney... :( ).

Boo