PDA

View Full Version : the most popular F-equipment...wich do you buy? - poll

danishfencer
-31st October 2003, 13:26
Witch fencing-equipment do you like best, im just quirius knowing witch is the most popular..

danishfencer - "May the Footwork be with you, foilists"

Gav
-31st October 2003, 13:32
I put down LP but that is mainly for Epee blades (I go through a fair amount). My jacket and breeches is Allstar. You should also have another category- Other. People can buy PBT, Negrini and Triplette in the UK.

To the best of knowledge FL went bust about 2 years ago.

Dave Hillier
-31st October 2003, 13:48
Haven't Allstar and Ulhmann just merged?

Gav
-31st October 2003, 13:53
Haven't Allstar and Ulhmann just merged?

I've sent a pm to danishfencer asking me if he would like me to clarify his poll [its a reserved admin' option].

srb
-31st October 2003, 14:21
Allstar UK have merged with Blades to become Allstar Uhlmann UK.

Allstar and Uhlmann (Germany) have not.

srb
(waiting for Barry to post that they are the same kit anyway - but not quite)

bydande
-31st October 2003, 15:27
As I understand it, because AllStar and Uhlmann in Germany are controlled by the same private person they are, therefore, part of the same "business undertaking" and can work together whilst retaining seperate "legal identities".

So AllStar and Uhlmann in Germany are merged in the operational and control sense but not in the legal identity sense.

kingkenny
-31st October 2003, 15:55
I voted for allstar ;) ;) :grin:
and if youbelive that.
I wonder what barry will vote. :eek:

srb
-31st October 2003, 16:42
Can you still get France Lame blades?

srb

Rdb811
-31st October 2003, 18:13
I thought they'd gone bust.

Australian
-31st October 2003, 20:26
Originally posted by srb
Can you still get France Lame blades?

srb

yeah they went bust... french accounting practices :grin:

Gav
-1st November 2003, 14:38
After discussing the poll with DanishFencer I have edited the poll slightly to give you more options. I was going to takre FL out but someone voted for it.

Thanks to DanishFencer for agreeing to have his poll cleaned up.

bydande
-3rd November 2003, 10:21
This is a difficult question to answer with just one vote. A quick look through my kit bag and the kit bags of my two fencing daughters revealed kit from all of the following makes:
Triplette, Uhlmann, Leon Paul, Tournois, Preiur, Blaise Freres, Dinamo & Gajardoni.

So Gav - can I have more than one vote please?

Gav
-4th November 2003, 09:48
So Gav - can I have more than one vote please?

No. ;)

tigger
-5th November 2003, 09:30
I have the same problem as bydande. Allstar breeches, LP mask and lame, Uhlmann, PBT and Negrini sabres, LP foil, LP body wire, Duellist bag and of course addidas shoes & socks!

tigger
-5th November 2003, 09:34
PS I voted for France Lames cos I felt sorry for them :grin:

Australian
-5th November 2003, 22:44
Uhlmann FIE jacket and breeches, BG lame, BF LM and StM blades, BG and leon paul bodywires, and an FIE mask made in france that doesn't have a makers mark on it :dizzy:

Rdb811
-5th November 2003, 23:10
Duellist and LP masks, LP lames, jacket and breeches, LP and Allstar plastrons, LP and Duellist foil guards, BF and Duellist foil blades; Allstar, Uhlmann, BF, and LP epees (gave away the PBT); Allstar sabre guards, Duellist blades and a spare LP grip/ BF blade. Allstar/ LP wires. LP and Decathalon socks, Adidas boots (and headbands). Plus Gray Nichols and Slazenger underpants, Slazenger boxes.

bydande
-6th November 2003, 07:02
If Rdb811 is classifying underpants as fencing equipment - then I think St. Michaels (Marks & Spencers) should be added to the poll.

Australian
-6th November 2003, 08:45
on the topic of underpants, never fence in boxers shorts

Rdb811
-6th November 2003, 11:39
Originally posted by bydande
If Rdb811 is classifying underpants as fencing equipment - then I think St. Michaels (Marks & Spencers) should be added to the poll.

The ones I use are specially designed to hold the box. I suppose I should add the knee straps and spare specs I wear as they 'kit' as opposed to something I would have anyway.