PDA

View Full Version : French fencing camp

grizz
-18th February 2008, 08:28
Fencing camp in France for all 3 weapons, includes technical, tactical and fitness training. In addition to an accredited refereeing (Leon Paul) and armoury (Cartel) course. With an optional junior coaching course (Leon Paul) also available. High quality coaches in all 3 weapons.

Please see attached for details:

http://www.fighting-fit-fencing.com/whats-on/

Peaseblossom
-18th February 2008, 12:57
I've been without internet connection for the last couple of weeks, so I may have missed an earlier explanation of this, but I don't think I've heard about the Leon Paul Junior Coaching course before? Is there a link to more details about it anywhere? Also, do you know if Leon Paul have recently changed the age limits for LPJS Young Referees (it used to be 14-17 with at least 2 years fencing experience)?

Many thanks

grizz
-20th February 2008, 09:00
Hi, Peaseblossom.

The idea of the course is to not only help them to fence better and to give them an idea of the level of training that is required to compete at the tougher competitions but also to give them the skills to be able to give something back to thier own club.

Barry at Leon Paul was very supportive of this idea. He is happy to allow younger children to try and pass the refereeing exam. As young people are often pressed into service to ref at competitions anyway it seems sensible to try and train them in the basics.

The coaching qualification will be based on the club supervisor award that L.P. run. Clearly it will only allow them to help out at club with the younger fencers but I think that most clubs will welcome this.

We also hope that for some of them it maybe a way of retaining them in the sport when they are older, as they may find that they enjoy coaching/refereeing.

As far as the armoury course is concerned, I am sure that any club will welcome some help on this front, and it will help the fencers maintain the kit they use themselves.

We do have a few places on the course that we can offer at a subsidised rate (we have a very generous sponsor) if any one would like to go but finds the cost prohibitive.

Please get in touch for further information.

Jed

Director

Fighting Fit

free spirit
-21st February 2008, 09:35
Fencing camp in France for all 3 weapons, includes technical, tactical and fitness training. In addition to an accredited refereeing (Leon Paul) and armoury (Cartel) course. With an optional junior coaching course (Leon Paul) also available. High quality coaches in all 3 weapons.

Please see attached for details:

http://www.fighting-fit-fencing.com/whats-on/

Pity that Junior quite likely cannot make it because of study leave for GCSE but will discuss it the possibility.

It's a BRILLIANT BRILLIANT IDEA!!!
I Wish the organizers all the best success and hope it will start a trend. Any chance of it being made available for over 16's?

grizz
-21st February 2008, 11:20
Hi, thanks very much for your comments. Surly you are not going to let a minor thing like Gcse's get in the way of fencing!!

When you say older people, do you mean 17-18 or adults? If it is 17-18 we would almost certainly be able to let them go on this course, if it is adults we do have some plans for this, watch this space!!

Jed

free spirit
-21st February 2008, 14:51
Hi, thanks very much for your comments. Surly you are not going to let a minor thing like Gcse's get in the way of fencing!!

When you say older people, do you mean 17-18 or adults? If it is 17-18 we would almost certainly be able to let them go on this course, if it is adults we do have some plans for this, watch this space!!

Jed

Well: Yes to all your questions. GCSE's Good result should give Junior in principle more options to be able to chose a suitable professional path that, if well chosen, might also pay for fencing!! If the fencing becomes SO utterly brilliant and utterly exclusively fulfilling that it becomes the only way forward then GCSE's could be the backup;)

The question then, is whether at 16 the balancing act is dominated and then the individual can do your course and prepare for the exams OR rather have to wait until your next course takes place... As regards adults, I will watch the space..:)

Wanabeno1
-17th March 2008, 16:27
Some advice please.

If a Junior (foilist) wanted to go to a camp at the start of the summer were would be the best place to go.

Said junior is pretty fit, fairly well up the ranking and wants something fairly intensive, if possible before the Nationals (12th July).

Any advice please.