PDA

View Full Version : Student 5 Nations 2008

twohappyhippos
-19th February 2008, 14:09
Oh yes, this AMAZING competition is back again. This time to be held in Edinburgh on the 28th June 2008.

This is a plea for any students from Ireland, Wales, England and Scotland (unfortunately, Northern Ireland could not manage to get a team together this year hence their exclusion from my list!) who wish to partake in this wonderfully fun competition to get in touch with their countries captains.

For any contact details please either see the Facebook group:

http://ed.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8038678713

or PM me and I will give you their details.

For Scotland please contact either myself, Laura Brough or Neil Tannock.

For England please contact Phil West.

For Wales and Ireland please contact me and I shall pass your details on to the relevant people!

Lots of love

Esther Kuhlmey

O*N
-19th February 2008, 16:33
Oh yes, this AMAZING competition is back again. This time to be held in Edinburgh on the 28th June 2008.

<snip>

(unfortunately, Northern Ireland could not manage to get a team together this year hence their exclusion from my list!)

Wow, that seems a bit pre-emptive on the part of Northern Ireland - 4 months in advance. Perhaps it's time for a united Ireland... team for the Student 5 Nations.

Could invite a university team from Holland or Belgium to take their place maybe?

Gangsta G
-19th February 2008, 16:41
I thought James Thornton was selecting the England team? :-s

gbm
-19th February 2008, 22:42
Wales bought a WF trophy (cheap and tacky, about 20 but massive because I think it's made of steel :whistle: ) because it was the weapon we thought we were most likely to win (and nearly did!). There was also the nicer, but smaller, trophy presented by LP (I think?) by the Irish for the overall winner.
Is this idea of picking up one weapon trophy/cup/shield (variety is a good thing) per country rotation still going? There would be 4 weapon trophies by the time I stop being a student if it does :tongue:

Nick_C
-19th February 2008, 22:59
The Wales selectors have been chosen - there are three (one for each weapon). It's also possible that a 'team manager' will be selected to do the admin stuff.