PDA

View Full Version : Young Official Competition Administration awards

chnortles
-21st February 2008, 09:23
In my role as British Fencing Young Official Development Officer I am very pleased to announce the first Young Official Competition Administrator award courses

Dates: 1 Day courses on the 29th and 30th March 2008
Times: 10am-4pm with lunch break (Please bring a packed lunch)
Venue: Computer room Whitgift School, Haling Park, South Croydon, Surrey, CR2 6YT
Course Tutors: Rodney Francis & Peter Smith
Cost: £5 (cheques payable to BFA)

The awards are aimed at all young people aged 16-19 years, with places given on a first come first served basis. There are 12 places available on each course. Any places not taken will be available to those outside the 16-19 year old age range. The courses are suitable to all with a basic competency in IT.

The competition administrator award is part of a project between British Fencing & the YST to involve 100 young people (16-19) in officiating with at least 10 ‘Superstars’ invited to participate at the 2008 UKSG’s, further information on the project can be found at www.britishfencing.com & www.youthsporttrust.org

Main Course Content:
Planning a Fencing Competition.
Installation and use of the Engarde computer system for Competitions.
A comprehensive resource for using Engarde written by the course tutors.

Application forms can be found on the British Fencing Website or please PM me.

Any enquiries please contact me
Hannah

chnortles
-17th March 2008, 18:49
Bit of a bump!

Places are still available, closing date this Friday!

Hannah

Keith.A.Smith
-2nd April 2008, 16:28
Dear All,

I have been told the course went very well indeed.

Keith

Slowhand
-3rd April 2008, 12:25
I would have thought that 'A comprehensive resource for using Engarde written by the course tutors' would be a very useful document for any competition organser to have, especially when the tutors are Rodney Francis and Peter Smith. Could it be made available to people who were too old to attend the course?