PDA

View Full Version : Fencing Clubs membership cards

Tihon
-2nd November 2003, 16:11
Dear guys,

I have recently been appointed as the treasurer in my club (working for Ernst & Young helps a bit lol) and besides taking care of the finances, I need to develop a new website and design new membership cards since the ones that are "in traffic" now kinda suck.
So please, if you have one scanned, or are handy with drawing tools, send me your suggestions or just simply describe how would you like it.

The card must be abunt 6,5 cm x 10 cm and contain a picture, name, number and some basic info in that direction.

Thanx a million

cheers

Tihon

tdedic@inet.hr

Tihon
-11th November 2003, 07:48
OH, come on guys, you can do better than this.

Saxon
-11th November 2003, 11:22
Doesn't take long with Word or Publisher to knock up a few designs, but be prepared that when you show the rest of your committee they'll all like your least favourite.

Tihon
-11th November 2003, 13:07
Saxon,

I know, I've done many things before with both programs. It's just the thing I'm all out of ideas. But for the comitee - I can always say that the ones we have now absolutelly suck - so there's a point in my favour.

And since I'll be taking care of printing & so on I guess my word is worth a bit in the whole process. But still I would like to deliver a premium quality solution. But there are none on the web I could take just for the example, if you get my point.

I still need to find a cheap printshop to develop a vectorized logo of our club so we can use it for many things without it getting pixelized. Anyhow, thanx for answering.

cheers

Tihon

Rdb811
-11th November 2003, 23:08
Our cards for 2002-3 should be ready 'real soon now' according to my Treasurer.

Tihon
-14th November 2003, 13:30
Rdb,

could you send me a copy when they are done?

Thx a lot

cheers

Tihon

Rdb811
-14th November 2003, 21:23
Apologies - I was being ironic - we always talk about doing cards but never get round to it.

If they ever get done and I remember, of course, I'll send you a copy.

Tihon
-15th November 2003, 06:00
Rdb,

no problem. I know what you mean - it was the same in our club before the management, hmmm, errr, "changed" lol. The whole club consists only of fencers now, just the president is one older guy.

cheers

Tihon

Rdb811
-15th November 2003, 10:49
I'd better point out that our treasurer does a fantastic job , he just doesn't get much free time.

Tihon
-17th November 2003, 06:48
To be honest, I wasn't present at the general assembly when I was elected treasurer and therefore didn't do much yet. But I plan to in the near future. I wish my day job would be a bit less demanding.

cheers

Tihon

oddball
-24th November 2003, 11:17
treasurer? nasty job that. at our club the treasurer does a really good job, but gets all the stick if summat goes wrong. :( and gets all the equipment ordering and competition setting up jobs.

doobarz
-24th November 2003, 11:22
Originally posted by Tihon
OH, come on guys, you can do better than this.

None of the clubs I have been in have had membership cards, except the university where it diubled up as libary/ student/ gym card.

Tihon
-24th November 2003, 11:29
Thank you anyway doobarz

cheers

Tihon