PDA

View Full Version : Summer Camp - Hungary 2008

Foilling Around
-20th April 2008, 14:22
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but.

I am taking 3 of the Junior Women's Foilists to the summer camp at Szombathely in Hungary and I am going for coach education. Document Attached.

Unfortunately I cannot offer to take anyone else with us as my car is now full, but if anyone else is interested in going, I would be happy to act as a sort of GBR contact to set parents minds at rest.

People would have to make their own way there. PM or email me if you want any more information.

Adam Blight
-20th April 2008, 21:14
First rate Training Camp! Top quality training, lots of V good fencers from all over the world. V V good coach education sessions and a great part of Hungary for any accompanying parents. I used to organise trips there for a few years and would recommend it to anybody.

cainey
-20th April 2008, 22:00
The camp looks impressive - but not as impressive as the fact that you intend to drive!!!?

Any chance of an insight into your travelling itinerary - just in case I decide to go for it - also is there an extra charge for the coach education element, if so what is it?

thanks

cainey

benjt
-21st April 2008, 16:18
Last time I was there it was I think it 10/15 per half hour so basicly uk prices but with the difference of the high standard of coaching. The two years I have been i had an individual lesson every day from Fereance Tote (I know that is probabvly miss spelt) and not recomend him higly enough, he also run the coach master class for foil. Now u have mentioned it I might try and go again this summer, though if i go i will definatly fly.

benjt
-21st April 2008, 16:19
Last time I was there it was I think it 10/15 per half hour so basically UK prices but with the difference of the high standard of coaching. The two years I have been I had an individual lesson every day from Fereance Tote (I know that is probably miss spelt) and not recommend him highly enough, he also run the coach master class for foil. Now u have mentioned it I might try and go again this summer, though if I go I will defiantly fly.

Foilling Around
-21st April 2008, 16:33
The camp looks impressive - but not as impressive as the fact that you intend to drive!!!?

Any chance of an insight into your travelling itinerary - just in case I decide to go for it - also is there an extra charge for the coach education element, if so what is it?

thanks

cainey

Actually we are flying and hiring a car at the airport so that we can do some sight seeing as well.

Having said that, this is a serious training. All 3 girls are on TASS and some of the funding can be used for this purpose.

I think Benjt is talking about the lesson cost - 10Euros for 15mins - the coach education is the same cost as the training programme.

Adam Blight
-21st April 2008, 21:51
The first time we went, we took the bus from Sheffield to Budapest!!! 24 hours but cheaper than flying. Trains from Budapest to the camp are good. Other times we flew to Vienna. And the Training Camp organiser (Toni Solti) sent a bus to pick us up.