PDA

View Full Version : Adidas Ripost II

mcvicar
-7th November 2003, 12:30
Does anyone know anything about these shoes? They are selling for around 60 pounds on E-bay, which sounds like a good deal. However, before parting with the cash, does anyone have any feedback or alternate suggestions?

pinkelephant
-7th November 2003, 15:39
Sounds like a complete rip-off to me. They've been out of production for about 3 years. Buy d'Artagnan ones new for 56ish.

mcvicar
-7th November 2003, 16:17
cheers, will have look for them...:)

uk_45
-7th November 2003, 16:48
Yep I've got a pain of d'Artagnan and they're great.

mcvicar
-7th November 2003, 17:15
pain?? :)

uk_45
-7th November 2003, 17:25
Very funny. No they are really good for fencing in. And some of the cheapest out there :tongue: :)

srb
-7th November 2003, 17:39
I think the D'artagnan are the worst fencing shoes I have ever had.

srb

uk_45
-7th November 2003, 17:41
Hmm. I like them. But they fit my feet very well, and i can;t afford much more:(. What have you got now then?

srb
-7th November 2003, 19:58
I don't know what they are called, see:

www.konect.mcmail.com/merlin/shoes.jpg

The ones at the top. They are like gold dust. I was under the impression that I had bought the last ones in the country in an 8. I got mine from Duellist.

srb

uk_45
-7th November 2003, 21:09
They do look nice. A will take your word on performance.

Australian
-8th November 2003, 00:43
i'm prolly going to buy some of the assymetrical ones

Jambo
-8th November 2003, 09:04
The Equipment assymetrics are very good.

pTeppic
-2nd December 2003, 23:37
I have (and love) a pair of Puma fencing boots which I picked up in Amsterdam last year. After fencing in D'arts for the past two years I was in some considerable pain since there is not nearly enough padding in them.

Whilst in Holland, I found these beauties lying in a shop in the Hauge which turned out to be an Allstar reseller. The heel is wonderfully padded and the ankle support stops the god-damnable thing from keeling over.

I know they're been out of production for nearly five years but I couldn't resist.

The only problem is they take a good five minutes to strap into.

Regards,

Kian

bucket
-5th December 2003, 12:17
Got a pair of hi-tec squash trainers, great support, comfy and can't put my foot through the sole (unlike a certain pair of D'arts I used to own)