PDA

View Full Version : adidas equipment

jonnyd
-8th November 2003, 21:07
hi,

i was at the welsh open on the weekend just watching and i saw a few people with adidas jackets and breeches.

i know that adidas do socks and shoes but does anybody know what the clothing is like and the general price?

Jambo
-9th November 2003, 09:08
More than normal kit. I bought the bag and it was about £15 more than Allstar's jumbo one.

srb
-9th November 2003, 11:05
As posted before on another thread, Adidas do not make fencing breeches and jackets. They are made by either Uhlmann or Allstar and then they go to Adidas for the stripes to be added.

In adding the stripes it also adds a hugh amount to the cost.

srb

Prometheus
-9th November 2003, 13:01
But SRB they are 'go faster stripes' :tongue:

hmmmm maybe I need some after Saturday :dizzy:

Barry Paul
-10th November 2003, 08:38
Acording to the rules Adidas strips are advertising and under the F.I.E. And B.F.A. rules are illegal. So If you want a quick hit, if your opponent is wearing Adidas Clothing demand the referee applys the rules. The only question is it two warnings for Breaches and Jacket or four warnings for multi infringment? Barry Paul

Boo Boo
-10th November 2003, 09:02
According to the Blades website, they cost:
- £200 for the jacket
- £130 for the breeches

So £330 for the pair! (although the prices may have gone up - I nottice that, on Allstar UK's website, the prices are about £380 for the pair...)

I really like them, but just can't justify the extra cost over the lightweight FIE kit that I already have (allstar startex £157 for the jacket and £100 for the breeches - still not cheap...).

So, as srb points out, you are affectively paying an extra £80/£120 pounds to advertise for Adidas.... hmmmmm!

Still, I like what the Cubans do: Adidas provide the whites for the Cuban team, so the Cuban kit has the Adidas stripes in the Cuban coulours (the two outer stripes are bright blue, the inner stripe is red - looks quite nice). Still the disadvantage for the Cuban fencers is that Adidas provide the kit for the team and not individuals: so the team share a pool of kit (one size fits all - hope that they get time to wash inbetween different people using it - iccck!!!)!

Wish that the British strip had a more "tapered" design - like the Adidas design, the French, Hungarian and Romanian strips - would be better for those of us with "chunky" little legs... ;)

Boo

Australian
-10th November 2003, 09:16
Originally posted by Barry Paul
Acording to the rules Adidas strips are advertising and under the F.I.E. And B.F.A. rules are illegal. So If you want a quick hit, if your opponent is wearing Adidas Clothing demand the referee applys the rules. The only question is it two warnings for Breaches and Jacket or four warnings for multi infringment? Barry Paul

one warning for the lot... its like stuff missing weapons control marks. If their whole kit (weapon, mask, lame, bodywire) is missing the mark, it isn't 4 red cards, its 1 red card.

and on the illegal adidas stuff... i've been saying that about it here in australia, i haven't found anyone else that would take it seriously tho.

srb
-10th November 2003, 09:17

Barry, Is this a good point to mention designs on masks, and photos on the back of 'The Sword'? (te he)

srb

Barry Paul
-10th November 2003, 09:34
From memory our logo is not a spiders web, or is this all a dream. Barry

Rdb811
-10th November 2003, 11:44

I remember reading a bit in the rules that specifically allowed the Adidias stripes.

Sophie
-18th November 2003, 17:46
Barry is clearly the one in the know about rules and regulations, perhaps he is the one the FIE or BFA should refer to about a number of other subjects:

Black cards, flick hits, new rules and regulations...........

Even so, I am sure that all forum readers are sensible enough to get a second opinion about anything on this website before they make any huge/expensive decisions about what they wear, how they fence, where they fence etc etc

3 Card Trick
-18th November 2003, 18:08
"I remember reading a bit in the rules that specifically allowed the Adidias stripes."

Where, oh where did you read that. The Rules show that the size of the stripes are illegal if treated as an adversement.

Adidas are however a major Olympic sponsor and so it seems to be one rule for them and another for all the rest of the clothing industry.

Barry Paul
-18th November 2003, 19:04
I have written to the president of the F.I.E. for clarification, Suggesting that either the rules are changed so we all can have large logos or the equipment is banned for non Olympic events. I hope this is discussed at the next executive meeting and subsequently at the congress. Will keep every one posted Barry Paul M.D. Leon Paul

Rdb811
-18th November 2003, 22:37
Can't find it in th ecurrent set of rules but th exception was so singular as to stick in my mind. Leon Paul socks have a logo over 2cm wide which is against the rules. (Publcity code IV A(b).)

pTeppic
-2nd December 2003, 23:31
Thats a very good point about the Addidas Stripes. Does that mean also that Duellist's piping is illegal??? It's a hell of a lot longer than 4.5cm and therefore doesn't conform to the regulations.

And the LP socks by that rule are also illegal, since the dimensions of the logo are approximately 7cm x 7cm.

Regards,

Kian Ryan
Men's Captain, Durham University Fencing Club

Barry Paul
-3rd December 2003, 07:21
Awaiting a reply from the F.I.E. executive.

Duellist piping is a decoration, Adidas stripes are a trade mark. Barry Paul

Boo Boo
-3rd December 2003, 09:15
Don't think that piping counts as a logo/advertising - i.e. it is not unique to Duellist, and if you saw piping you wouldn't think "Duellist".... ;)

Boo

srb
-3rd December 2003, 09:59
Me, if I saw piping, I'd think sewage.

srb (whose mask is probably smellier than Bristol sewage works)

rory
-3rd December 2003, 12:13
Rule Book, Appendix, Chapter IV,

Section A part a):

The mark is the name or badge which identifies the origin, the manufacturer or the seller of a particular piece of the fencerís equipment.

As soon as the mark exceeds the normal or authorised dimensions, it becomes an advertisement and comes under the jurisdiction of the regulation below (cf.Chapter IV, section C).

Section C, part a) 1):

1. Advertising worn or carried refers to any name or badge other than the mark (cf. Chapter IV, section A) which appears on a fencerís main equipment or ancillary equipment and which comes from a firm other than the manufacturer or distributor of the equipment in question.

As far as I can tell, this means that the mark (ie the usual badge) must be of a set size, but any *other* decoration/anything else placed on the clothing by the manufacturer is exempt from the advertising rules.

So as long as the Adidas kit has a mark that is within the size rules, the stripes can be any size they like.

Could 3 Card Trick advise if this is in fact the case from my reading of the rules?

srb
-3rd December 2003, 12:20
Just to confuse the issue, the adidas logo, and the 3-stripes mark are registered trade marks, so both identify the origin.

srb

srb
-3rd December 2003, 12:27
On another point, even though the size of the mark has been increased up to 72cm^2, doesn't the mark on the elastic strap on the back of LP masks breach this?

Personally I think there should be much more freedom on this, as I think it would make the kit more colourful, and eventually more spectator friendly.

Who would want to sponsor a fencer if the advertising can not be seen?

srb

reposte
-3rd December 2003, 13:19
Pfffff,, you'd think half this forum is an Olympic FIE international fencer seeing the stake so many have on this...

3 Card Trick
-3rd December 2003, 14:26
The 3 stripes are a registered trade mark so my view is that it infringes, but as I have said previously there seems to be one rule for Adidas and another for the rest.

Barry Paul
-3rd December 2003, 20:13
Originally posted by 3 Card Trick
The 3 stripes are a registered trade mark so my view is that it infringes, but as I have said previously there seems to be one rule for Adidas and another for the rest.

The excutive are to look at this again in Febuary, the present view I understand is that Adidas stripes might well get the thumbs down, but similar stripes in country colours might be thumbs up. Barry Paul

pTeppic
-4th December 2003, 08:47
So it may be acceptable to have the three stripes on your uniform so long as their not black and their in your county's colours?

In which case we'll start lining up.

BTW Barry, does LP offer any markings, printed or otherwise for non-GB fencers? Or are you only supplying the GB go-faster stripes?

Kian Ryan

UglyBug
-4th December 2003, 14:08
I have read this thread looking for some wisdom and am now completely confused. :dizzy:

If I get sponsorship, where on my kit can I advertise?

Boo Boo
-4th December 2003, 14:39
Assuming this is still uptodate... :)

http://www.britishfencing.com/corplogos.htm

Boo

wingnutLP
-4th May 2004, 15:26
stripes get thumbs down from FIE see attached copy of a letter from Roch...

devalleassoc
-5th May 2004, 02:29
BTW Barry, does LP offer any markings, printed or otherwise for non-GB fencers? Or are you only supplying the GB go-faster stripes?
Kian Ryan [/B][/QUOTE]

Not at the moment. I've asked!!:(

srb
-5th May 2004, 12:22
Originally posted by wingnut
stripes get thumbs down from FIE see attached copy of a letter from Roch...

Or do they?

See:

http://www.fie.ch/download/letters/2004/urgent/10/en/Urgent%20letter%2010-04-ANG.pdf

Which obviously superceeds the letter written to Barry. Mr Roch has written it as a precision on this matter. That is if you can actually understand what he means.

srb

J_D
-5th May 2004, 15:59
I would read that to allow that stripes are acceptable but not if they conform to a registered brand : the registered brand for Adidas is different to the stripes used on their fencing kit according the wording of this letter. It would seem from this that the Adidas kit actually is aceptable providing your national colours are black and white, and that the design is passed and approved by the FIE.

Or is it even more confused than that!

Why can't they simply give a straight answer: is that kit acceptable or not?

Australian
-6th May 2004, 10:10
actually if you read the letter, you'll see that your national colors would have to be black and white and simultaniously have the 3 stripe pattern approved by the FIE as the national colours to go on arms and breeches. Countries such as France have the 3 stripe pattern as their national colours, and thus it would be perfectly legal to have coloured stripes.

The only country i can think of in black and white is New Zealand, and their national colours are a black fern.

Thus the adidas uniforms are illegal

Rdb811
-6th May 2004, 11:50
Or a siver fern on black.

Insipiens
-6th May 2004, 12:16
Originally posted by srb
Or do they?

See:

http://www.fie.ch/download/letters/2004/urgent/10/en/Urgent%20letter%2010-04-ANG.pdf

Which obviously superceeds the letter written to Barry. Mr Roch has written it as a precision on this matter. That is if you can actually understand what he means.

srb

That is a "precision"? :confused:

Well at least he did not try to "clarify" the earlier response. :rolleyes:

Tubby
-6th May 2004, 12:32
Let me see if I've got this right. It will be ok to have coloured kit e.g. Stowell. But if the pattern was a trademark (larger than 7 cm) thats a yellow card? Outside of the olympics the coloured kit is OK. What about the Duellist collar or is that hidden by the mask?

I seem to recall Adidas did some stylised diagonal stripes on tennis shirts. If they put them on the kit with the little logo would that be acceptable?

Tubby
-6th May 2004, 13:03
sorry - don't know where that 7 cm came from, and is it yellow or red card?

srb
-6th May 2004, 14:09
It's a red card at the start of each fight. So the fencer can go 1 hit down before the fight actually starts, but they can still fence the fight with no further penalties for that offence.

Their next fight, they would be red carded again, and so on.

The size rule is 72cm^2 (i.e. @8.5 x 8.5 cm if it was square, or @10 x 7 cm, if one of the dimensions was 7 cm as mentioned above).

srb

srb
-6th May 2004, 14:17
My interpretation of the 'precision', was that as the 3 stripes that appear on fencing equipment are a graphic, they are NOT a registered trade mark of Adidas, and are therefore still legal.

srb

uk_45
-6th May 2004, 14:59
Hmm I read it as: You can have any graphic for your contry AS LONG AS it is not the same as a registered trade mark.

oddball
-6th May 2004, 16:53
It's probably easier to just get kit from LP or someone other than adidas.

pinkelephant
-6th May 2004, 16:57
Originally posted by srb
My interpretation of the 'precision', was that as the 3 stripes that appear on fencing equipment are a graphic, they are NOT a registered trade mark of Adidas, and are therefore still legal.

srb

OK, you try manufacturing something with three similar stripes on it, and see how long it takes Adidas to sue you, THEN say it's not a trade mark!

"The brand with the three stripes"

Australian
-6th May 2004, 17:25
Originally posted by Rdb811
Or a siver fern on black.

actually the nz design submitted to the FIE is a black fern, can't remember which way it is facing - have a look at jess beer's kit.

Hmm I read it as: You can have any graphic for your contry AS LONG AS it is not the same as a registered trade mark.

there's that too. But you can't have any graphic, it must be individual (so one country can't have say 3 or 4), and it must be approved by the FIE. e.g. British go faster stripes, kiwi fern, australian green and gold stripes like i wear etc etc

Tubby
-6th May 2004, 21:45
Are the adidas socks also "U.S"? Its just that they are great for staying up, I got a load of them cheap and they have L and R on them so the kid knows which one to put on which foot.

uk_45
-6th May 2004, 21:48
You have different socks for each foot???

Tubby
-6th May 2004, 22:03
don't you? How else you gonna make sure the stripes are on the correct side?

J_D
-7th May 2004, 10:03
Dave Riseley has adidas kit, anyone asked him if he knows where he is and where he is not allowed to use it?

Has he ever been carded for wearing it?

srb
-7th May 2004, 10:52
Dave Riseley, Dave Mansour, and James Beevers all has Adidas kit.

They have their national colours incorporated with the Adidas graphic. From my understanding of FIE 'precision', their kit is legal, therefore they should be allowed to use it everywhere, and should not be carded for it.

srb

kingkenny
-7th May 2004, 11:40
Sorry are you saying the adidas logo on the jacket has been aproved by the fie as a country logo? Or those fencers have sent there incoperated new desig to Mr Roch and the F.I.E and he has approved it? (thats what L Halsted had to do to get his Spider Man Mask approved.)

uk_45
-7th May 2004, 21:57
Hmm i cant think they'd take it as a country stripes.

Re: socks mine dont have tripes there the LP ones!

symon
-9th May 2004, 15:31
has anyone got a link or Jpeg of the adidas kit??? and I'm assuming it aint going to be cheap either!!!

uk_45
-9th May 2004, 15:48
basicaly its like a extra zero for the stripes, which may or may not be legal

Hamley
-9th May 2004, 16:45
But the sripes make you look spiffy ! Also it makes you stand out so you get more attention I presume.

Noah

devalleassoc
-9th May 2004, 17:31
Originally posted by Hamley
But the sripes make you look spiffy ! Also it makes you stand out so you get more attention I presume.

Noah

I'm all for loking spiffy!! As for drawing attention to yourself, one better be ready to live up to the image that you are putting out there!!:sam:

Ulrika
-9th May 2004, 20:30
Originally posted by symon
has anyone got a link or Jpeg of the adidas kit??? and I'm assuming it aint going to be cheap either!!!
Adidas Fencing Jacket FIE 800 N. (https://www.allstar.de/modules/PostTep/images/a9500.jpg).
Price: a "mere" EUR 267:- which is about £ 178...

symon
-9th May 2004, 20:33
Originally posted by Ulrika
Adidas Fencing Jacket FIE 800 N. (https://www.allstar.de/modules/PostTep/images/a9500.jpg).

Cheers Hun!!!! VERY nice kit and looks very expensive

Ulrika
-9th May 2004, 20:39
...apart from the Adidas stripes it looks just like any other 800 N fencing jacket. It's just way more expensive.

A guy at my club has one so I've seen it IRL. Looks nothing special to me, but then again I don't really have an Adidas fetisch... ;)

devalleassoc
-9th May 2004, 21:48
Originally posted by Ulrika

Price: a "mere" EUR 267:- which is about £ 178...

Hmmmm, EUR 267, that's about $350.00 US

You're correct. There's nothing special about it. Basically, it's supposed to be an Allstar kit with the stripes, which DO fade!!:sam:

oddball
-10th May 2004, 11:42
Adidas kit makes you stick out, I'd rather stay anonymous in a crowd!

uk_45
-10th May 2004, 20:23
I dont like it, it's to busy!

Sparks
-11th May 2004, 12:09
It's a bit of a waste of money if you're gonna wear a sabre lame over it anyway.

sparkymark567
-11th May 2004, 13:33
I like it. Fencing kit should be as interesting/ trendy as pos.
The FIE are insuring that fencing kit remains borring. People should be allowed to wear what they want. Providing that the lame can be seen clearly i.e. is a different colour to breeches (+ jacket sleeves in foil). If people want to advertise a brand then why not. You see the adidas brand often enough anyway, what difference does it make if it's on fencing equipment aswell. If you are a sponsored fence then you should be able to wear any logo however you want. If your not a sponsored fencer then you should be able to choose what you wear, after all that's what happens in real life.

sparkymark567
-11th May 2004, 13:38
Originally posted by uk_45
I dont like it, it's to busy!

You might not like my shirt either, but you can't stop me from wearing it. I know you didn't say you were againsed the idea, but do you think it's right for the FIE to dictate to people what they should wear?

Rdb811
-11th May 2004, 13:51
Originally posted by sparkymark567

insuring

ensuring

tut,tut

J_D
-11th May 2004, 13:58
I'm with you there Sparky, I'd love some more colourful kit. Maybe I could find some more red boots and an outfit to go with it.....hey, contacts to match too........*starts to petition the FIE*:sam:

vil
-11th May 2004, 23:34
dito: What J_D said! Except for the bit about red boots.

Australian
-12th May 2004, 09:31
Originally posted by sparkymark567
I like it. Fencing kit should be as interesting/ trendy as pos.
The FIE are insuring that fencing kit remains borring. People should be allowed to wear what they want. Providing that the lame can be seen clearly i.e. is a different colour to breeches (+ jacket sleeves in foil). If people want to advertise a brand then why not. You see the adidas brand often enough anyway, what difference does it make if it's on fencing equipment aswell. If you are a sponsored fence then you should be able to wear any logo however you want. If your not a sponsored fencer then you should be able to choose what you wear, after all that's what happens in real life.

i disagree. The last thing i want is for fencing to turn into F1, where every inch of the car is covered in advertising. The rules on advertising are very clear, and the adidas kit has always been in breach of them.

vil
-12th May 2004, 09:58
Originally posted by Australian
i disagree. The last thing i want is for fencing to turn into F1, where every inch of the car is covered in advertising.

It's funny, but I don't even notice the advertising on F1 cars any more - because there's so much of it, it all just becomes part of the background.

I'm not particularly worried about whether I can have advertising on my fencing kit, although I think making the rules a little more sponsor-friendly would probably benefit the game. What I want is to be able to have a choice of colours, patterns etc on my kit. Even cricketers have coloured uniforms these days, why can't we?

Australian
-12th May 2004, 14:18
Originally posted by vil
It's funny, but I don't even notice the advertising on F1 cars any more - because there's so much of it, it all just becomes part of the background.

I'm not particularly worried about whether I can have advertising on my fencing kit, although I think making the rules a little more sponsor-friendly would probably benefit the game. What I want is to be able to have a choice of colours, patterns etc on my kit. Even cricketers have coloured uniforms these days, why can't we?

colors arn't a problem, so long as the torso is predominantly white or a light color.

Patterns are the national colors issued by the federations.

and if you read the publicity code you'll find there is actually a fair amount of advertising allowed.

uk_45
-12th May 2004, 16:35
I think we are soon bound to have what happened to cricket kit to make it more tv friendly

vil
-12th May 2004, 17:12
colors arn't a problem, so long as the torso is predominantly white or a light color.

Patterns are the national colors issued by the federations.

and if you read the publicity code you'll find there is actually a fair amount of advertising allowed.

That's not too bad for the colours then. It's just up to the manufacturers to start making them (and us to start demanding them). And it sounds like I may have been wrong about needing to make the sport more sponsor friendly.

For patterns, then if I've understood what you're saying correctly, the current rules are way too harsh. Firstly you have to be good enough to fence in your national team in order to be allowed to wear the national design (or am I mistaken about that?). Secondly, you're limited to a choice of exactly one design; the only real choice is whether or not to wear it & my understanding is that if you're eligible for it then it's probably going to be required anyway.

There are a lot of creative people out there who could come up with some really snazzy looking designs for fencing kit if they were allowed. I for one would consider paying a bit extra for something like that.

And who wouldn't want to see a full set of spiderman-style fencing kit, to match the oft-mentioned mask? :cool:

Australian
-12th May 2004, 19:11
Originally posted by vil
And who wouldn't want to see a full set of spiderman-style fencing kit, to match the oft-mentioned mask? :cool:

me? :)

uk_45
-12th May 2004, 21:15
How about a skeleton suit?

Ulrika
-13th May 2004, 06:09
Originally posted by vil
<raises hand>

;)

KayJay
-13th May 2004, 06:55

:lolbash: Are you still allowed to say that down-under? ;-)

Cyranox11
-13th May 2004, 08:45

I think our (fencers everywhere) is not so much the amount of advertising we are allowed, as much as it is about the amount of advertising we can get: I very much doubt that there are any fencers in the world turning sponsors away because they have reached the maximum amount allowed by the fie, and IF there are I would say that there are no more than maybe 10 fencers in the world in this situation...

I very much doubt we are in danger of reaching a F1 type situation in fencing anytime soon...

Tell you what I think we could learn from F1 is the idea of personalised headgear: all F1 drivers have unique helmets to help identify them from their teammate...

Rather than going the transparent mask, the FIE should do more to encurage the likes of the Spiderman mask, Milanoli's clown etc.
Keep the uniforms a stylish white (with discreet national designs) and make the masks interesting/exciting to watch/look out for...

As far as the Spidey mask goes, are there not any sort of copyright/trademark issues involved?
I mean the wearer of the mask is presumably wearing the mask to help set himself apart from other fencers, this could result in him getting sponsorship: he would then be enriched as a result of his use of another organisations trademark. Anyone think Marvel would care?
Later
Cyr

kingkenny
-8th November 2005, 10:25
LONDON - Adidas is to replace its iconic three-stripe design with the number 3 across its product portfolio.

The sportswear brand's three-stripe design was banned by the International Olympic Committee earlier this year, following complaints from rivals that it gave Adidas an unfair advantage over other kit suppliers.

Herbert Hainer, the company's chief executive, told senior executives at an internal meeting last week that it plans "to come up with a creative solution using the number 3". This marks the first time Hainer has publicly accepted the IOC's decision.

The German firm will be restricted to a 20cm2 space for its logo on Olympic athletes' apparel, in line with limits imposed on other companies.

It is unlikely that the '3' design will attempt to circumvent these guidelines, given the close attention the IOC will be paying to Adidas apparel at the Turin Winter Olympics next February.

Hainer would not provide any further details on the overhauled identity, which is likely to be rolled out across the brand's future product lines in the professional athlete and consumer lifestyle markets next year. However, Adidas confirmed that it was exploring the concept.

Following the IOC's decision to limit the use of Adidas' 40-year old three-stripe design, tennis' four governing bodies, including the ATP and WTA, have followed suit; they are enforcing similar branding controls on Adidas apparel at all official tournaments next year.

Other major sports governing bodies are now under pressure to fall into line over the coming months, especially sports that hold Olympic status.

Such a shame. :rolleyes:

Neo
-7th March 2007, 19:49
actually if you read the letter, you'll see that your national colors would have to be black and white and simultaniously have the 3 stripe pattern approved by the FIE as the national colours to go on arms and breeches. Countries such as France have the 3 stripe pattern as their national colours, and thus it would be perfectly legal to have coloured stripes.

The only country i can think of in black and white is New Zealand, and their national colours are a black fern.

Thus the adidas uniforms are illegal

but not if the stripes were say 1.1cm or 0.9cm, since the FIE has clearly defined adidas's brand mark as being 3 stripes of 1cm (as does their trademark AFAIK)

Been a while since I fenced, but do I remember correctly that the stripes on adidas kit are actually big thick ones? :P

Maxim
-7th March 2007, 20:43
Wow Neo is back!!!!!!! And resurrecting 1.5 year old threads straight away!

UglyBug
-7th March 2007, 22:32
Wow Neo is back!!!!!!! And resurrecting 1.5 year old threads straight away!

Neo!!! Am SURE I saw him at Streatham station.... going to Blackfriars....

madfencer
-8th March 2007, 00:33
Welcome back Neo! :grin:

FoilyDeath
-8th March 2007, 01:09
I have seen a few fencers with really bizare, blatantly illegal kit....frankly, it looks horrid. Fencing kit just looks horrible in any other colour than white. A blue/red lame looks ok, but anything else just looks horrible.

Neo
-8th March 2007, 07:33
Neo!!! Am SURE I saw him at Streatham station.... going to Blackfriars....

You did. except not this morning, cos I missed the train... hence why I'm here. :P I work on the strand

UglyBug
-8th March 2007, 15:59
So do I this week - normally on the Piccadilly though

Do we win the how far can we get off topic competition??

rory
-8th March 2007, 16:36
I have seen a few fencers with really bizare, blatantly illegal kit....frankly, it looks horrid. Fencing kit just looks horrible in any other colour than white. A blue/red lame looks ok, but anything else just looks horrible.

Define "blatantly illegal"?

Neo
-8th March 2007, 17:43
Define "blatantly illegal"?

I think he(or she)'s assuming non-white kit is illegal.