PDA

View Full Version : Sponsorship Survey - Please complete (will take 4 minutes or less)

Sword Fighting International
-9th May 2008, 14:21
Companies are more likely to Sponsor Sport if they see a good fit with their products and if the people making the decision have a personal interest or involvement in that sport.

Please help British Fencing identify which companies to approach by completing the survey at the link below. Many thanks.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=GV9iFMzAuANNujvgtxIm3g_3d_3d

wingnutLP
-12th May 2008, 10:21
Hi, this post has been reported as possible spam. I am sure it isn't but can you clarify who you are and who this information will be used by within British Fencing?

rory
-12th May 2008, 11:42
A quick google reveals Sword Fighting International, who offer corporate team building days. Owned and run by Nick Payne.

Not quite sure where the "Help British Fencing" comes in - but filling in the survey would certainly help Sword Fighting International.

cesh_fencing
-12th May 2008, 11:43
It is also on the BF site so obviously has BF blessing.

rory
-12th May 2008, 11:55
I stand corrected - and I guess anything that raises the profile of fencing at a corporate level is a good thing.

youngsteph
-12th May 2008, 17:51
I hope it is going to be used by BFA, but also made more widely available. It's something I need when writing sponsorship request letters.

rugmike
-13th May 2008, 20:01
If you are writing to seek sponsorship as an individual, forget the big people , and concentrate on small companies in your local area.

And don't forget you have to have something to offer them.

Not many athletes in the early stages of their career get support to learn how to do it, for example !

DSSabre
-18th May 2008, 22:17
I think the best way for individual fencers to go looking for sponsorship would be to sign up at catchsport which i am sure has been on this forum in the past. It is free for athelets and is approved by the British Atheletes Commission as far as i understand. This survey appears to be just asking us for information for them to use for there company not sure what benefit fencers will gain out of this.

Baldric
-18th May 2008, 22:40
Young fencers or their parents looking for funding of all types might want to look at the TA guide to funding here: http://www.tomorrowsachievers.org.uk/sponsorship.htm

All contributions to improve the service very welcome. Email the webmaster @ the website address.

youngsteph
-18th May 2008, 22:44
I've been 'using' catchsport for more than a year now and whilst I think it's a good idea in principle, nothing has come of it for us.
The reason I think survey results would be useful, is that I think I can offer an audience of succesful people; either business leader, managers or just plain wealthy :) , but I can't quantify it. If the survey (or any other survey) shows fencers are big in business, then I can target local, small to medium sized companies who need business-to-business adverts.
Any other views or ideas welcome :)

DSSabre
-19th May 2008, 14:55
i don't really see how this helps the average or individual fencer?

wingnutLP
-19th May 2008, 17:02
A quick google reveals Sword Fighting International, who offer corporate team building days. Owned and run by Nick Payne.

I knew who it was!

I just wanted Nick to clear things up for other members :)

DSSabre
-20th May 2008, 15:03
sorry i may have missed the answer to this further up the thread but who is this information going to be used by and for what?

David

free spirit
-21st May 2008, 22:33
Hi, this post has been reported as possible spam. I am sure it isn't but can you clarify who you are and who this information will be used by within British Fencing?

I know there are often reasons for us not to follow a thread even if we have started it. However, I think it is a bit odd that Sword Fighting International has not replied to the above comment. I clicked on the link when the thread was started but I did not feel appropriate to go along with it.

At this stage, I therefore feel inclined to agree with Wingnut.

free spirit
-21st May 2008, 22:42
Ok just read Wingnut's latest post. I may be a bit too careful these days as regards information shared when ckicking on a link. It is maybe clarification that is needed so that us sceptical internet users feel happier to share info;)

DSSabre
-2nd June 2008, 11:22
I don't like to be argumentative. Okay i do. Could i please get an answer from sword fighting international as to what this inofrmation is going to be used for and by who?

Red
-2nd June 2008, 12:54
...by whom?

:whistle:

Marcos
-3rd June 2008, 16:38
As a minor Olympic Sport, Fencing has limited resources and few sponsors

and this is the opinion of the people on our side? off to a good start....:whistle: with friends like these who needs enemies!

as for the survey, pretty open-ended:

got any money you can give us? any ideas who does?

Sword Fighting International
-31st August 2008, 22:38
Thanks for the comments - there have been over 50 replies to the survey, with some useful info on average spend and type of job, which gives some factual data which can then be used when approaching companies.
A marketing communications strategy is being worked on by British Fencing towards the end of the year, which will hopefully lead to some commercial sponsors partnering with BF.
Thanks, Nick