PDA

View Full Version : How do your try and relax after fencing. i.e get rid of musle pain?

NoT V gOOd!
-8th November 2003, 21:53
Hihi

How you peeps manage to get rid of muscle strains and cramps after a fencing competition. i Find that my legs and my arms hurt so much and ache. It sometimes stops me from sleeping properly. Any advise?

Help would b much apprieciated

James
-8th November 2003, 22:00
prevention is better than cure
do warm up before you fence
and stretch(but dont stretch cold muscles)
and do a warm down at the end

James

Boo Boo
-8th November 2003, 23:09
Make sure you warm down and do gentle stretching after you finish your competition.

Gentle stretching is good for cramps. Ice is good for strains/sprains (apply regularly, but for no more than 10 minutes at a time).

Drink LOADS whilst competiting (should include isotonic drinks to help replace salts and should help reduce cramps, but drink lots of water too). Drink frequently after you finish also.

Take it easy and look after yourself after a competition: it is hard work on your body - especially if you are young and still growing...

Boo
(completely knackered... :( )

Australian
-9th November 2003, 03:33
yeah, good warm ups, and equally long warm downs, esp if you have to be fencing for several days in a row

NoT V gOOd!
-9th November 2003, 16:41
boo boo r u leon?
Also ne1 know results of leister top 8 pls... i know rest

Moose
-9th November 2003, 16:57
Originally posted by Boo Boo
Drink LOADS whilst competiting (should include isotonic drinks to help replace salts and should help reduce cramps, but drink lots of water too). Drink frequently after you finish also.

Tried this, it resulted in me falling over a lot and swearing at the president. Not good all round :confused:

Boo Boo
-9th November 2003, 17:05
Originally posted by NoT V gOOd!
boo boo r u leon?
Also ne1 know results of leister top 8 pls... i know rest

No, I am not Leon :grin: (that's quite funny... :) ).

Do you men top 8 at the Welsh (since Leicester results are already on the BFA website)? If so, James Beevers was 1st, Jamie Kenber was 2nd (great result :) ). Jamie knocked Keith Cook out in the L4 and Kola in the L8. Sam Johnson and Louis Arron also made the L8. Not sure who else made the L4 and L8, sorry.

Boo

Boo Boo
-9th November 2003, 17:08
Originally posted by Moose
Tried this, it resulted in me falling over a lot and swearing at the president. Not good all round :confused:

I said "isotonic drinks and water" not alcohol!!!

Blimey, fortunately it doesn't have the same result on me...

Boo

Jambo
-9th November 2003, 17:26
Failing all the above advice try a hot bath, ibuprofen and a wee tipple of your choice!

On a more serious note if it's becoming a problem seek advice from your GP. Growing pains can be a problem. I had probelms after exercise with osteo chondriti.s

PS Interests: Parkinsons??

NoT V gOOd!
-9th November 2003, 20:56
Yeh i did mean welsh, and wow, go Jamie. So miky made and 8 aswell, wut was score between Kenber and Cook? That wld have been good 2 watch, also Mansour got 8, i should have stayed a bit longer.

NoT V gOOd!
-9th November 2003, 20:58
Jambo, yeh its weird innit, its kinda personal. But i just find it really intresting also i know the guy that at head of reserch in parkinsons area. Its well good :)