PDA

View Full Version : Altering your breeches

Gav
-17th November 2003, 10:40
Guys,

I have decided to do something about the ... err .... tightness in the "nether regions" of my breeches. Has anyone out there had any experience of altering their breeches to provide more room? I had a look at mine last night and there doesn't appear to be much spare fabric to allow for the alteration.

DrT
-17th November 2003, 12:28
I'm afraid I haven't tried serious alerations, but I have had to re-stitch the "nether regions" of my breeches in order to prevent serious risk of inguinal injury, not to mention embrassment!

pinkelephant
-17th November 2003, 12:34
My son has just had a pair made with "extra crutch". Thank you Barry & Joan!!

reposte
-17th November 2003, 19:04
Might I suggest a bigger size...?

uk_45
-17th November 2003, 19:51
Wouldn;t have a clue, but i would have to agree with the above, soz Gav

Gav
-18th November 2003, 05:21
The thing is. I bought them slightly big a few months ago and I've not put any weight on - not according to the scales. I don't think my build has changed all that much either. I'm going to get them proffesionally altered at my local tailors.

Barry Paul
-19th November 2003, 21:05
Use extra strong thread and double seam otherwise the first lunge could result in the crown jewels falling out. Barry Paul

PM1
-19th November 2003, 21:39
How delicately put...........................:o

sparkymark567
-21st November 2003, 22:51
Maybe: try a different make of breaches. I used to have the same problem before I changed my breaches from LP to Ulhmann. The German breaches have a looser cut.

But, about a year ago I was told that LP employed a new taylor. Does anyone know what changes have been made to breaches.

My LP breaches are about 4 years old now. They have lasted a long time (they are still O.K now). However, I only used to wear them at competitions as I found tracksuit bottoms much more comfortable for training.

Nev
-26th November 2003, 11:47
My breeches still fit me :grin: which is a releif as my jacket shrank in the wash :(:( then again I have put on weight, but luckily I had massive thighs to begin with so my breeches were bought with that in mind (ta LP for letting me try them on first :)) but the jacket is def. a squeeeeeeze ;) :dizzy: :upset: sometimes I pass out on the piste:confused:
I was given this bit of advice by a mate : always buy one size too big, minimum!

uk_45
-26th November 2003, 21:20
Would have to disagree.

If you go a size to bit u have a possible slippy fit resulting in breechs falling pown would make DE's more fun.

Are you sure your mate wasn't talking about Lames

Nev
-26th November 2003, 23:04
He was prolly talking about jackets, tho in his case it might have to do with his urangutan arms :grin:
breeches might not be quite the same problem, but anyways, they won't fall if you have your suspenders (braces) on :grin:

Moose
-2nd December 2003, 04:00
Breeches have straps so they tend not to fall down. Mine fit just fine, tho I'm not overly sure. I've met LP's tailor, cos he was in the shop when I was ordering my breeches and jacket. I think they had to steal the sails from a local yachting club :grin:

sparkymark567
-8th December 2003, 17:29
Originally posted by sparkymark567
Maybe: try a different make of breaches. I used to have the same problem before I changed my breaches from LP to Ulhmann. The German breaches have a looser cut.

But, about a year ago I was told that LP employed a new taylor. Does anyone know what changes have been made to breaches.

My LP breaches are about 4 years old now. They have lasted a long time (they are still O.K now). However, I only used to wear them at competitions as I found tracksuit bottoms much more comfortable for training.

However, perhaps they were a bit small. as agreed with Barry.