PDA

View Full Version : Paralympics

Peaseblossom
-13th September 2008, 08:30
From the new Radio Times

Sunday 14th 1.00-4.45pm Paralympics 2008 BBC2

The GB wheelchair rugby team play Australia, while at the Olympic Green Tennis Centre, Peter Norfolk will be hoping to retain his Paralympic title.
It's also the semi-finals of the mens wheelchair basketball tournament, in the pool, the highlight is likely to be the men's 50m freestyle final.
Athletics action includes Welsh sprinter John McFall attempting to win gold in the 100m.
Plus Britain's tabletennis players will be in the team events, it's the final day of road-race cycling and GB's only fencer Lee Fawcett is in action.

Good luck Lee!

hokers
-13th September 2008, 10:21
Hopefully there will be some TV coverage of the wheelchair epee (which is definitely the only form of epee worth watching ;) )

Swords Crossed
-13th September 2008, 22:25
Hopefully there will be some TV coverage of the wheelchair epee (which is definitely the only form of epee worth watching ;) )

Never mind that (after all, it is only epee...), I hope they actually broadcast Lee Fawcett's matches. There was a pitiful amount of GB fencing broadcast for the Olympics, even on the internet!

Still whether we get to watch him or not, Good Luck Lee!

rpryer
-14th September 2008, 10:22
In today's foil event, Lee won 1 pool fight, and failed to make the cut.

Sabre, Lee's stronger event, is on Wednesday.

Swords Crossed
-14th September 2008, 13:27
It's a shame. Good luck on wednesday!

St George
-14th September 2008, 20:40
See the link below for some pics from the final in Lees category.

http://en.paralympic.beijing2008.cn/news/sports/wheelchairfencing/n214602569.shtml

Fingers crossed for Wednesday.

rpryer
-17th September 2008, 08:55
In the sabre event today, Lee won two pool fights to be seeded 12th from a field of 18. He then lost in the L16 to Shenkevych, who eventually won the bronze. From the DE tableau, I think Lee will have finished 15th overall.

His world ranking and seeding before the competition was 12.

Captchris
-22nd September 2008, 12:30
In the sabre event today, Lee won two pool fights to be seeded 12th from a field of 18. He then lost in the L16 to Shenkevych, who eventually won the bronze. From the DE tableau, I think Lee will have finished 15th overall.

His world ranking and seeding before the competition was 12.

Congrats to Lee. If its the guy I'm thinking of he's funny and a good man.

I attended the BDFA Fencers Course back in August last year. Was great experience and would love to get involved a bit more. Its just a pain that I coach at weekends so cant often get to their training at Stoke mandeville and Warwick uni (if I remember correctly!).

Captchris
-22nd September 2008, 12:33
he's funny

I meant to say he has a great sense of humour. For some reason I cant edit stuff, it doesnt allow me to save.