PDA

View Full Version : Winton

PLS-F
-15th September 2008, 07:46
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all involved in the running of this great event , especially Linda and Frank.
Had a fun time and hope I'll be selected next year!

Naughty foilist
-15th September 2008, 07:52
Big, big thank you.

For my first Vets event I had a fantastic time. Warm, welcoming and very friendly. I ache everywhere this morning.

Huge hugs to all.

max
-15th September 2008, 08:28
Can I echo those thanks on behalf of the nearly victorious Yorkshire team? A marvellous weekend which went like clock-work thanks to all the paddling going on underwater.

free spirit
-15th September 2008, 08:49
The Winton: How many of us were there please?

B R I LL I A N T !!:thumbs_up

Truly well organized! Excellent team spirit. Thorougly enjoyed.

THE SOCIAL:party:: The venue clearly accomodated the thirsty ones as well as the ones who decided to dance to the good mix of DJ's music.

Congratulations and thank you to the organizers, the helpers and all those involved.

Well done to the participants (and indeed to those individuals who decided to fence as a Whole team!).

Specially well done to SW Team:mexwave:

nickos
-15th September 2008, 12:14
I agree with all the posts above.

This was the first time this event has been run and it ran like clockwork.

Huge thanks to Linda Lawes and Frank Mills who organised, Marcia Stretch and Jenny Morris who made sure no pistes stood idle for very long, and Peter Huggins and his team of armourers.

It was also an honour for us to have the Trophy and medals presented by Bobby Winton himself.

Linda L
-15th September 2008, 18:32
[QUOTE=free spirit;203563]The Winton: How many of us were there please?

OK here are a few stats

9 teams - if they all had 18 we would have had 162 fencers- (teams of 4 1 reserve would have been - 216)

IF all fencers had been present - 3888 individual fights ( no wonder I lost count then...)
Here are the actuals

Women's Foil 23
Women's Epee 23
Women's Sabre 19

Men's Foil 30
Men's Epee 29
Men's Sabre 28

Thats 152!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I HAVE booked the same weekend next year- we WILL get back to you over the Captains/ Reps position after the NVA committee have agreeed.

Thank you for all the lovely coments- it was a great weekend for us as well.

Linda

Linda L
-15th September 2008, 20:21
[QUOTE=free spirit;203563]The Winton: How many of us were there please?

OK here are a few stats

9 teams - if they all had 18 we would have had 162 fencers- (teams of 4 1 reserve would have been - 216)

IF all fencers had been present - 3888 individual fights ( no wonder I lost count then...)
Here are the actuals

Women's Foil 23
Women's Epee 23
Women's Sabre 19

Men's Foil 30
Men's Epee 29
Men's Sabre 28

Thats 152!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes I HAVE booked the same weekend next year- we WILL get back to you over the Captains/ Reps position after the NVA committee have agreeed.

Thank you for all the lovely coments- it was a great weekend for us as well.

Linda

Errrrrrrrr and divide by two --DOH 1944 FIGHTS...... ( thats why it ended sooner than I expected......)

Keith.A.Smith
-15th September 2008, 20:40
Dear All,

Fantastic news that it all went so well.

Now NVA Team GB get ready for your World Champs!!

Keith

Rdb811
-19th September 2008, 00:36
Brilliant weekend (and I will work very hard to make sure I get to go again).

All it needed was a prize for the best imitation of the mating cry of the brontosaurus (Midland vs SW in the ME on Sunday morning).

free spirit
-19th September 2008, 12:23
All it needed was a prize for the best imitation of the mating cry of the brontosaurus (Midland vs SW in the ME on Sunday morning).

:funnyman:

And I thought that epee was boring!!

What an excellent way to finish the day. Well done SW Men's Epee.