PDA

View Full Version : In urgent need of a new coach.

Malek
-30th September 2008, 15:56
Dear all,

I am from Brunel University in Uxbridge Middlesex UK, our previous coach went back to Hungary and it would seem he does not plan on returning. Therefore we are looking for a new coach for the year. We have only 1h30 hours of training on monday evenings from 21h30 to 23h00. The student union pays 20 pounds per hour I believe. We are hoping to get more hours of training soon though.
If anyone, and I insist on the "anyone" is interested please dont hesitate to contact the fencing club at brunelfencing@hotmail.com , I check rather regularly the email.

Regards,
Malek Jawad

Captchris
-30th September 2008, 16:53
Have you contact British Fencing and the British Academy?

www.britishfencing.com
www.baf-fencing.org

You should be able to email them both and ask them to put an advert on their website for you.

grizz
-1st October 2008, 07:53
I do not know of a coach but you would be more than welcome to come to our new venue in Islington until you get yourself a new coach.

We have 7 permanent piests, 6 of them metal (thanks Barry!)

We have only just moved so we have lots of capacity.

I would be happy to charge you a temporary cheap rate.

We always have at least 2 coaches available so you should get regular lessons.

I know it is a bit of a long trek to get to us but it may work on a temporary basis.

We will be open 5 nights a week so you could come any night.

Pm me if you and your fellow fencers would like to come down for a free trial session.

Jed Beardmore

Fighting Fit.

Malek
-1st October 2008, 08:54
Thanks, Captchris I contacted them and grizz thanks but getting 25 members from Uxbridge to Islington is impossible. It is actually near impossible to keep them together til Uxbridge. That is why we need a coach, we need the discpline, a draconian coach would be perfect. But thanks for the offer.

Captchris
-1st October 2008, 08:55
Thanks, Captchris I contacted them and grizz thanks but getting 25 members from Uxbridge to Islington is impossible. It is actually near impossible to keep them together til Uxbridge. That is why we need a coach, we need the discpline, a draconian coach would be perfect. But thanks for the offer.

Draconian you say? hmmm I'd be interested but the travelling expenses would be astronomical!

Malek
-1st October 2008, 14:21
Lol, draconian as the athenian law made by Draco, a greek citizen of the 7th century BC.
Draconian : promoting stricter provisions and consequences. I guess now, we say a spartan teacher.

pigeonmeister
-1st October 2008, 17:37
I guess now, we say a spartan teacher.

If you're paying 30- they would have to live like a spartan.

AussieMongrel
-1st October 2008, 22:38
A coach turned up at City fencing today to speak to Lance Larson about work. He is a 3 weapon coach but his primary weapon is Sabre. His name is Ramil Bakhtiyev and he is from Kazakhistan. He is a friend or a coach we have had at City called Oxana, also from Kazakhistan that is very good so I am sure he can do the business. Phone number is 07806680350. He has only been in the UK for 4 days so is open to offers.