PDA

View Full Version : Free Fencing!

grizz
-22nd October 2008, 09:42
To celebrate moving into our new (albeit possibly temporary) dedicated fencing venue with six piests, 5 metal, (thanks Barry) we have decided to run an informal half term coarse for beginners and existing young fencers. We would like to offer up to 10 free places for experienced young fencers. Please call 020 7272 6246 or PM me for more details.

Jed Beardmore

Fighting Fit

Foilling Around
-22nd October 2008, 16:10
To celebrate moving into our new (albeit possibly temporary) dedicated fencing venue with six piests, 5 metal, (thanks Barry) we have decided to run an informal half term coarse for beginners and existing young fencers. We would like to offer up to 10 free places for experienced young fencers. Please call 020 7272 6246 or PM me for more details.

Jed Beardmore

Fighting Fit

Coarse = rough, not smooth - is that a comment on Barry's pistes.

I once wrote a brochure and referred to a "course designer". The printer changed this to "coarse designer" which I failed to spot.

Fortunately the gentleman concerned was amused rather than annoyed!

grizz
-22nd October 2008, 18:52
Coarse = rough, not smooth - is that a comment on Barry's pistes.

I once wrote a brochure and referred to a "course designer". The printer changed this to "coarse designer" which I failed to spot.

Fortunately the gentleman concerned was amused rather than annoyed!

Sorry, I am a bit dyslexic and rely on spell checks, probably a bit to much.

Jed

Foilling Around
-22nd October 2008, 19:29
Sorry, I am a bit dyslexic and rely on spell checks, probably a bit to much.

Jed

Check out some of my postings, I'm not the world's best speller. My classes get used to correcting me, especially when I am writing on the board and talking at the same time!

I only commented on it because it was an amusing typo!

Tubby
-23rd October 2008, 16:26
Talking about teachers on this forum whose spelling (or is it their typing) is an ironic morsel to be savoured, check out el presidente :D

Boo Boo
-23rd October 2008, 16:32
Talking about teachers on this forum whose spelling (or is it their typing) is an ironic morsel to be savoured, check out el presidente :D

Tubby, what ARE you trying to say! Go wash your mouth out.... :whistle:

I can't talk, I had the dubious distinction - at school - of being in the top set for English and the bottom set for spelling... :rolleyes: . I have improved a LITTLE since then... :)

Boo

pinkelephant
-23rd October 2008, 16:48

Off coarse, wee ill iterate sciontists carnt spel nuffink.

Swords Crossed
-24th October 2008, 08:37
Off coarse, wee ill iterate sciontists carnt spel nuffink.

Here! Here!