PDA

View Full Version : Children in need

grizz
-22nd October 2008, 12:59
Fighting Fit has been asked to appear on this years BBC Children in Need Celebrity Scissor hands. The BBC sets up a beauty salon staffed by celebrities. For a donation they will do beauty treatments for people. In the spirit of promoting our sport and raising some cash for a good cause some of our adults and children have agreed to take part. The program will be filmed next Tuesday and broadcast on Wednesday.

We need to make a donation to Children in need and I would ask the fencing community to dig deep in these hard times and make a donation. I will even go as far as having something waxed if we raise enough money!!

So if you want to see a fat middle aged bloke cry please call me on 020 7272 6246 or pm me to make a donation.

Jed Beardmore

Fighting Fit

PM1
-22nd October 2008, 21:15
I can not resist seeing a grown man cry.......pm coming up!!

grizz
-22nd October 2008, 22:39
If you would like to donate please go to http://www.justgiving.com/jedbeardmore

Jed

TomA
-22nd October 2008, 23:14
I can not resist seeing a grown man cry.......pm coming up!!Didn't know England Fencing election campaigns involved having the opposition waxed into submission... :p

PM1
-22nd October 2008, 23:22
I think it's part of his campaign....sympathy vote etc,.....but he offered, and I'm prepared to pay !!;) :whistle:

(good on yer, Jed !!)

Baldric
-22nd October 2008, 23:36
I will make a donation on the strict understanding that whatever part of you gets waxed DOESN'T feature on the tele! :D:D:D

Go for it mate!

Ray

Boo Boo
-23rd October 2008, 17:54
I could make so many funny comments, but I will behave and just donate instead... :)

Have fun.

Boo

Boo Boo
-25th October 2008, 12:11
Ok, have you raised enough money to get something waxed yet, or do you need more donations?

Boo

grizz
-25th October 2008, 14:54
Ok, have you raised enough money to get something waxed yet, or do you need more donations?

Boo

Thats my secret, either way please keep donating.

Jed Beardmore

Fighting Fit

bufc99
-25th October 2008, 16:30
Good luck with it. I've had my chest done for charity before and it hurts.

grizz
-28th October 2008, 20:12
Just wanted say a BIG THANKYOU to all those that donated to Children in Need. We made the target of 500.00.

As I type this, Jed (grizz) is in the hands of some minor celeb having parts of his body waxed. I am assured that Jed is suffering and he will report back as soon as he can move again!.

Other members of F.Fit have also braved the celebs beauty treatments and hair cuts so please do give them your support the next time you see some of them.

For those of you that have not yet donated and would like to support all of our brave fencers, please visit the following link to do so: http://www.justgiving.com/jedbeardmore

Thank you all once again

Sandra

grizz
-17th November 2008, 00:26
Thanks very much to all who donated, we raised over 700, almost all from the fencing community.

Thanks again

Jed