PDA

View Full Version : Fencing Photos

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 12:30
Some quite nice (arty) fencing photos of the Canadian team in Havana - although most of the photographs are of fencers "modelling" rather than fencing...

http://www.macleans.ca/gallery/index.jsp

Boo

Peanut_UK
-20th November 2003, 12:43
:eek:

Well, that confirms what other threads have already said.... female epeeists are all gorgeous!! ;)

Think their WE team needs a physio? Time for a change in career, methinks...

Tarmac
-20th November 2003, 12:51
and hjow did the canadian team fare in the championships?
can't recall seeing them... maybe they were late back from their photo shoots?:tongue:
nice photos though:)

srb
-20th November 2003, 12:52
I'll tell ChubbyHubby you've been looking at photo's of Joshua!

srb

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 12:58
Don't you mean a "topless photo of Josh"?

Nah, not in the market for a "toy boy" at the moment... :) (he's a bit too young for me...)

Boo

Gav
-20th November 2003, 13:11
We have a guy [at RCP] who's to moving Canada. He's an Epeeist so can't wait for the introductions when I go over to visit! ;)

aao
-20th November 2003, 13:13
yes its true all womens epeeist are gorgeous , why else would we all do epee??? ;)

p.s. I know they're good but can't help noticing all the piccies of the girls actually fencing are of them missing or about to be hit? curse fo the camera??............

Peanut_UK
-20th November 2003, 13:18
Okay, so the link Boo Boo's posted just did the rounds at work. One of the guys was fairly taken with Monique, did some research, and found this... lady of many talents, it appears!

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0442636/

*sigh*

Tarmac
-20th November 2003, 13:18
and how did that dunette woman balance like that on that dog?

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 13:25
It seems like a good way to get some publicity for your national fencing team... (a bit like the effect that Elly's rear end seems to have for Leon Paul....).

Would be a nice thing to show potential sponsors.

Boo

aao
-20th November 2003, 13:32
when we did the tempest photoshoot a few years ago both Tamsyn and Jo Maynard came out looking remarkably photogenic and there are a number of other girls out there who would look good in such a shoot :)
Bit worried about the blokes photos thou, not quite sure where you're going to find any of the mens British Epeeists with er 6 pack like that :confused: we tend to prefer the 'keg' option ;)

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 13:34
Originally posted by aao
Bit worried about the blokes photos thou, not quite sure where you're going to find any of the mens British Epeeists with er 6 pack like that :confused:

Simple, go for a foilist! (ChubbyHubby??? ;) )

Tarmac
-20th November 2003, 13:34
nothing wrong with a one pack.. so i'm told

srb
-20th November 2003, 13:43
Originally posted by Boo Boo
It seems like a good way to get some publicity for your national fencing team... (a bit like the effect that Elly's rear end seems to have for Leon Paul....).

Would be a nice thing to show potential sponsors.

Boo

Do I have to be a sponsor to see Elly's rear end?

srb

ChubbyHubby
-20th November 2003, 13:47
Originally posted by Peanut_UK
Okay, so the link Boo Boo's posted just did the rounds at work. One of the guys was fairly taken with Monique, did some research, and found this... lady of many talents, it appears!

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0442636/

*sigh*

and she has a twin sister..... :grin:

Epeecurean
-20th November 2003, 13:48
yowza!:blaaaa:

either that fotog is very good with angles and lighting or the whole canadian team are quite photogenic.

Peanut_UK
-20th November 2003, 13:57
I go with the latter..! :p

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 14:12
Originally posted by ChubbyHubby
and she has a twin sister..... :grin:

I am sure that you can go over to Canada and meet both after your divorce has come through...

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 14:15
Originally posted by srb
Do I have to be a sponsor to see Elly's rear end?

srb

No, its on the back page (or somewhere else) of most copies of the Sword. If you back page of the Sword is missing, then your wife got to it first and censored Elly's rear end...

Boo

ChubbyHubby
-20th November 2003, 14:16
:moon:

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 14:26
Just wait 'till I get you home!!!

Prometheus
-20th November 2003, 14:32
I want a poll: Is BooBoo showing 'sham surprise' at the predictable responses from the lads???

Oooooh - ChubbyHubby's going to be in Trouble tonight...... snigger

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 14:39
No need to poll, Prometheus.

After spending the past 10 years with ChubbyHubby, not much men think/don't think surprises me anymore.... there isn't much complexity in most men's minds ;)

Prometheus
-20th November 2003, 14:41
doh :homer2:

Boo Boo
-20th November 2003, 14:43
Funny you should say that, ChubbyHubby is really quite like Homer Simpson in personality - without the craving for beer... :)

hokers
-20th November 2003, 15:08
The only conclusion is that all fencers are photogenic as hell.
:grin: :grin:
Attractive fencers can only be good marketing for the sport. Isnt it about time that the old "lets do a fencing calendar" idea resurfaced?

All further comments on rear ends self censored. :tongue:

Peanut_UK
-20th November 2003, 15:41
Sorry hokers, but I have to disagree..! You should see some of the mug-shots of our committee I took last night for the web page.. strewth! ;)

Although, that could just be a Swindon thing...! :cool:

P.s. Sorry guys - I do love you all really!

uk_45
-20th November 2003, 16:20
Don't know about fencers but fencing deffinatly is look at all the adverts it is in now-a-days

PM1
-20th November 2003, 18:54
A callendar, you say................could be good................James has taken some decent ones in black and white (photos, that is). C'mon Bazza, what about it ???? You got some equipment/clobber modelled, how about more photos??;) ;)

Mantis
-20th November 2003, 19:30
Originally posted by PM1
A callendar, you say

Hmmm, it's that deja vu feeling all over again.

PM1
-20th November 2003, 22:44
Mantis - bad experience, or not photogenic ?? Or seen "Calendar Girls" ?????:grin:

Mantis
-21st November 2003, 08:02
Originally posted by PM1
Mantis - bad experience, or not photogenic ?? Or seen "Calendar Girls" ?????:grin:

Now you mention it, "not photogenic" would probably fit, but I seem to remember there being a discussion about a fencing picture calendar here in another thread. I think the title was "Attractive fencers wanted" or something.

Muso440
-21st November 2003, 08:27
Why is there a male foilist on a building site? What's that all about? Are women supposed to find this idea sexy? (Maybe Canadian women do, I don't know...)

And how come some of the guys don't seem to be wearing t-shirts under their jackets? Now *that* must get sweaty. :dizzy:

ceprab
-21st November 2003, 08:51
Originally posted by Muso440
Why is there a male foilist on a building site? What's that all about? Are women supposed to find this idea sexy? (Maybe Canadian women do, I don't know...)

And how come some of the guys don't seem to be wearing t-shirts under their jackets? Now *that* must get sweaty. :dizzy:

It doesn't get quite as sweaty as wearing an additional tshirt.

But kit starts to smell quicker if it doesn't get washed.

People here have stopped giving me strange looks when I wander down to the sports hall wearing only a plastron above the waist.

kingkenny
-21st November 2003, 08:58
Some of those pictures were great and some were the worst chessy rubish I have ever seen.

Aoife
-21st November 2003, 09:25
Help! I can't find the photos? The link just takes me to a photo gallery index, clicking on the fencing one then takes me to the CFF site--- then I can't find them :(

kingkenny
-21st November 2003, 09:48
See the "Fencing" title on this page: http://www.macleans.ca/gallery/index.jsp
second article down. Well click on it.

Fencing
In October, the Canadian fencing team visited Havana, Cuba to compete in the World Championships. Maclean's Chief Photographer Peter Bregg, who also practices fencing, was on hand to capture our men's and women's teams in action.

For more information, visit the Canadian Fencing Federation's Web site, at www.fencing.ca.

('http://205.150.121.181/flashgallery/gallerypopbanner.asp?gallery=fencing', 700, 570)

Mantis
-21st November 2003, 10:05
You need to have Flash or else you cannot see them.

uk_45
-21st November 2003, 10:15
It's so true that Women epeeist anre the best looking. Hmmmm I'll have to find my self one.

Muso440
-21st November 2003, 16:35
Originally posted by Aoife
Help! I can't find the photos? The link just takes me to a photo gallery index, clicking on the fencing one then takes me to the CFF site--- then I can't find them :(

The site also has an annoying habit of fading out each photo about 3 seconds after it has loaded (at least it does on my computer). So if you're flicking between lots of different windows, as I was, then you keep getting a blank screen, with a different blurb at the bottom.

Muso440
-21st November 2003, 16:56
Originally posted by uk_45
It's so true that Women epeeist anre the best looking.

Sorry to be picky, but ARE there actually any pics of female foilists? I didn't see any (although the slide show does seem to go in rather a random order). And there's only one sabreuse (who's not exactly ugly).

In fact, the whole set are rather epee-biased. Go count. There aren't many of men's foil or sabre either (although more than of women's foil or sabre). Even the moody shadow / dusk ones are of bloody epees.

So 'women epeeists are better looking' is a rather dubious statement, on that basis.

uk_45
-21st November 2003, 17:08
Ok firstly i meant generally.

And secondly if i rember canda is rather big on Epee. It's nice ans simple.

Boo Boo
-21st November 2003, 17:11
Don't think that Canada sent any women foilists to Havana - don't know why...

Boo

Australian
-22nd November 2003, 02:31
its got a picture of the guy i beat in the poules of the sydney WC...

charles st-hilaire or something :)

devalleassoc
-22nd November 2003, 03:32
I'm done here Dude, I blasting over to the "friendly neighbor to the north!!":thumbs_up

Aoife
-22nd November 2003, 12:50
See the "Fencing" title on this page: http://www.macleans.ca/gallery/index.jsp

Ahhh, click on the 'Fencing' link, not the www.fencing.ca link!

Ta. Now I've just got to get the darn thing to run more than three slides before crashing :)

kitten
-23rd November 2003, 00:35
Originally posted by Peanut_UK
:eek:

Well, that confirms what other threads have already said.... female epeeists are all gorgeous!! ;)

Yes indeed :>
When are we going to get to see a home-grown version - that slideshow is fantastic!
:cool:

Exgeordielass
-23rd November 2003, 10:12
Originally posted by kitten
Yes indeed :>
When are we going to get to see a home-grown version - that slideshow is fantastic!
:cool:

Well if your camera has recovered, Kitten, maybe you could do one of Nott Uni fencers?