PDA

View Full Version : Member fencing pictures

Pages : [1] 2

Aoife
-22nd November 2003, 13:27
I know this was a thread long ago (or maybe I'm thinking of one on fencing101) but I tought, there are so many new members here, lets bring it up again...

Anybody have pictures of themselves fencing or in their kit (don't be shy now).

I've got a couple to start it off...

My fencing pics (http://www.picturetrail.com/aoife-t)

The first four or so are from fencing (feel free to ignore the rest). I should be able to get my hands on some of me actually fencing soon (if I mug my friend who brought a camera one week).

frank_drebin
-22nd November 2003, 14:12
At risk of sounding lecherous.....

Mmmm You're hot!

Chappers
-22nd November 2003, 14:44
um...sorry for asking, but why....oh why, do you want pictures of us in our kit!
Anyway, Hi. I'm Marc Chapman from Canterbury. Well known on the circuit i may add! haha!
Oh well...I'm sure i can find an odd photo somewhere....

Chappers
-22nd November 2003, 14:47
Looks like i chose the wrong one! haha! God , i'm pulling a funny face!
Sorry folks!

doobarz
-22nd November 2003, 16:33
http://www.macleans.ca/gallery/index.jsp

Pics of the Canadian team from the World Champs.

Tubby
-22nd November 2003, 17:44
Check out those Canadian babes!

Oh and I concur with Frank, but as an old man I mean that in the best possible taste.

Aoife
-22nd November 2003, 19:37
Chappers!

Well done! Somebody got into the spirit of things! (though, not, may I add in kit... so maybe I should revoke my 'well done'? :tongue: )

Lets see a better show (I've just been informed by picturetrail.com that my trial account has been terminated, so I'll have to make another one and post it here in a while).

Come on people, let's see those undignified, indecent, and downright scary fencing photos! (or was that just mine?)

:o I'm not dignifying the comments of Frank and Tubby with a direct reply. :rolleyes:

Aoife
-22nd November 2003, 19:57
Having thought about it for a few minutes, I've come up with a response which is coherant and rational.

Frank and Tubby must surely be mistaken... for I am not an epeeist! :tongue:

Tubby
-22nd November 2003, 21:05
Couldn't help but notice that you're sporting Duellist. What did you win from Barry for post of the month?

Once I managed to paste my head on the body of the Canadian fencer (the one striking the "hey I appeal to both guys and girls" pose) I'll post, as my washboard 6 pack has evolved into a frontloader magnum.

Aoife
-22nd November 2003, 21:18
I'm not metrely sporting Duelist. I'm wearing a Duelist jacket, blades breeches, Uhlman socks, Gofence plastron, LP chestguard (unless it's a Monday, when I give mine to year sevens), Donnay trainers, and an Ulhman sword. I never have enough money to buy things at the same time, so I have a very mixed kit (that and the jacket and chestguard are the club's not mine, I don't think I'd buy anything from Duelist as first choice, don't know why, just prefer LP and Gofence as far as suppliers go).

Muso440
-23rd November 2003, 11:15
Originally posted by frank_drebin
At risk of sounding lecherous.....

You're sounding lecherous...

Can we keep such personalised leery comments to PMs? (It makes the rest of us feel left out, if nothing else....)

Gav
-23rd November 2003, 18:44
Well here is a pic of me [that's been posted elsewhere on this forum]. There are other pics of me and the guys at the RCP forum www.rcpfc.co.uk.

Gav
-23rd November 2003, 18:55
Originally posted by Chappers
Looks like i chose the wrong one! haha! God , i'm pulling a funny face!
Sorry folks!

Good pic! Good location! Looks like my home town - about halfway down the 'mile'! [groan - I'm even an Edinburgh geek!]

Chappers
-23rd November 2003, 19:29
Aye, Edinburgh it is! One of my haunts!

uk_45
-23rd November 2003, 19:43
Ok Aoife you are kind of cute:)
I will stick some of me on as soon as i get ones from cheshire schools comp (last weekend)

Tarmac
-23rd November 2003, 20:12
very,very pretty lass!!

got some photos of club and self in development for you lot to have a look at, unfortunately for you i'm not as photogenic as our very own innuendo girl;)

Mantis
-23rd November 2003, 21:13
Hmmm, photo in fencing kit? I'm afraid it is not a particularly good picture for the following reasons:

I have my back to the camera
We have either just started fencing or just about to start
I'm wearing some rather dodgy tracksuit trousers instead of breeches
I am holding a foil for some bizarre reason (this probably also means I'm losing)

Anyway, here it is. (http://www.au.man.ac.uk/fencing/thumbnails/Mvc-001f.jpg)

Rdb811
-23rd November 2003, 22:03
I'm on the right - I was tempted o send a shot where I was at the back of the hal hidden by other fencers etc.

argh - didn't come out right.

Rdb811
-23rd November 2003, 22:11
http://www.web-mouse.com/sallejoseph/events/fencathonpics2002/lastfewminutes/pages/DSCF3868_JPG.htm

I' m the epeeist facing the camera, at the end of the 24 hours.

hokers
-24th November 2003, 09:35
OK

here's one of me looking unusually spiky and sweaty. Had just been whupped in the final at the Shropshire. Pleased with myself though as you can probably tell..

http://www.guildfordfencing.co.uk/04pics/tjs2003_0927_190044.jpg

Australian
-24th November 2003, 09:49
he's me getting a hit in foil :grin:

eww, look at that awful lunge.... *shudder*

actually on thinking about it it was a lunge, the other guy parried, i reparried and put it under the arm....

so it kinda looks like a half lunge cos i was in the process of retreating

Australian
-24th November 2003, 09:54
and here's me getting a medal at one of the open comps

James
-24th November 2003, 10:09
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p079ec8132b7e6993582ca5d0dfa89725/fa7ad96d.jpg

this is the closest i could find of me fencing
ie. not very close at all
its me taking pics after ive been knocked out and got changed

James

Dave Hillier
-24th November 2003, 10:20
I think that this is the only one of me in fencing kit that I have (Where I am not dong anything stupid).

http://www.soton.ac.uk/~fencing/imagesfran/dave%20hillier.jpg

Tihon
-24th November 2003, 11:47
Yap, this is me all right, looking very nice after a few short bouts :grin:

http://www.inet.hr/~tdedic/New%20Hall%20029.jpg

cheers

Tihon

spirall333
-24th November 2003, 12:10
have a look at the swindon web site for photos of myself and others on this forum.
B
www.swindonfencing.org

srb
-24th November 2003, 14:18
mmm, you can tell which one spirall is as you can see his handlebar moustache???

whereas, centre stage:

http://www.surreyarchives.com/SFoil.team.jpg

srb

Gav
-24th November 2003, 14:29
Wow! Look at the sunburn on the guy on the right!

James
-24th November 2003, 15:19
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p2ec094af8e8406539d9f5c0cf5700a7c/fa7a3ddc.jpg

look look i found another one
and im actually wearing some of my kit in it!

James

Gav
-24th November 2003, 15:30
Ha ha ha - That's Iain on the left doing one of his usual ungainly stop hit/attack/repost/arm sticking out type thing.

CKRedd
-24th November 2003, 22:13
Well, after a time away from the forum I'm back. ........(telling silence).

Here am I.

Fence (http://server4.uploadit.org/files/241103-ajfence1.jpg)

None fence 1 (http://www.uploadit.org/files2/061103-fibSHRUNK.JPG)

None fence 2 (http://www.uploadit.org/files2/061103-aenoncatstatepk.jpg)

If you hadn't figured it out, in the fencing gear pic, I'm the one on the left sporting the comfortable, air-conditioned cut-off shorts/jog bottoms!

pinkelephant
-25th November 2003, 07:45
I shall not be contributing to this thread, as all extant photos of me fencing seem to be of some person with an enormous bum and a terrible lunge.

Aoife
-25th November 2003, 21:18
Well done every who's posted so far! (especially those who managed fencing kit photos!)

Here's one of me in the local press.

James
-25th November 2003, 21:27
everyone elses foils seem to be resting on your coaches shoulders and yet yours is aim directly at his head...?
kinda looking like you wouldnt think twice about attempting brain surgery at arms length...
worrying...very worrying...

Tubby
-25th November 2003, 23:45
Originally posted by Aoife
Here's one of me in the local press.
what small feet you have, in fact looking at the length of the foil in the pic in your gallery you appear to be oh 5ft tall.

Aoife
-26th November 2003, 09:26
Yes I'm a mere 5'1'' (and a half!). I'm use to it. I'm not bitter. But I do feel everyone over 6' should be paraded as a genetic freak! :grin:

I don't have small feet... for a woman... surely?

Oh, and whilst I may be poking him in the head, look closely and the girl next to me has it in his ear :)

Mantis
-26th November 2003, 09:58
But I do feel everyone over 6' should be paraded as a genetic freak! :grin:

It's not my fault! At least I'm not left handed.

Oh, and whilst I may be poking him in the head, look closely and the girl next to me has it in his ear :)

It looks like one sharp jab from the next one along would be curtains for your coach, and from the look on her face this seems to be what's going through her mind. :o

hayleyjade
-26th November 2003, 10:03
hiya! wow u al look half cool in ur fencing fotos, i have not yet got any fotos of me fencing (mainly cos i look like a moose whilst fencing!)

and the only foto in existance of me tht is hlf good i am pulin a wierd face! lol, neway no1 would wnt 2 c it anyway so il post up some fotos of me fencing wen i get a digi camera! lol! so in like 3 years then! heeh!

unless ne1 wnts 2 see lots of random pics of me on my stupid website!

hayley:dogs:
:mexwave:
:swordpen:

Flaxen_Renegade
-26th November 2003, 13:13
I tried to attach the one photo of me at fencing but the file is apparently too big and my computer isn't fond of doing things at the moment so I daren't try and reduce it. Lol. I can send it to anyone who wishes to see it but it's really boring. Lol. For photos of my actual face check out
http://www.face-pic.com/pages/view_pics.php?user=tintinnabulation&id=1046725&apics=&h=1&c=0&type=1
The most recent photo is of me and Nick from The All-American Rejects. That was taken....erm....A saturday recently. The one before last I think. I'm ill, I can't remember, don't be mean :P

Nev
-26th November 2003, 16:02
Imade this site a while back, it was my first (and last :grin:) effort at a website, it contains a few bad quality images, click on the links then on the pics to enlarge
http://uk.geocities.com/drunk_baron/
Nev

Muso440
-26th November 2003, 18:29
Originally posted by hayleyjade
hiya! wow u al look half cool in ur fencing fotos, i have not yet got any fotos of me fencing (mainly cos i look like a moose whilst fencing!)

A moose? Do you have horns coming out of your mask? :confused:

and the only foto in existance of me tht is hlf good i am pulin a wierd face! lol, neway no1 would wnt 2 c it anyway so il post up some fotos of me fencing wen i get a digi camera! lol! so in like 3 years then! heeh!

Gav / Kenny: any chance you could set up a separate section of the site for people who are too lazy / cool to use extra letters?
Then the rest of us could ignore them.

(Nothing personal, Hayley, it just does my head in...)

hayleyjade
-26th November 2003, 18:42
sorry:rolleyes:

I am just writing quickly, i can understand how annoying it can be!

i hope i have used correct letters, i do not have to go back and put in capital letters and full stops and chack my spelling, because when i am typing my fingers get all muddled ( sorry if that is not a real word or spelt correctly) so i never spell things properly!

bi! (i reguse 2 rite tht properly!)

hx

oh, ps, no offence taken!

James
-26th November 2003, 19:11
if im writing a long post where i actually want to convey information then i type it in word so i can spell check it. like the pm i just sent. it would have made no sense if the whole thing was written the way im writing now. all the letters are here its just the punctuation couldnt make it.

James

Gav
-26th November 2003, 22:06
Originally posted by Muso440
A moose? Do you have horns coming out of your mask? :confused:

[b]

Gav / Kenny: any chance you could set up a separate section of the site for people who are too lazy / cool to use extra letters?
Then the rest of us could ignore them.

(Nothing personal, Hayley, it just does my head in...)

It does my head in as well however it's not llike we can control the sort of person who posts on the board. If it bothers you to this degree may I suggest that you add those who are offending you to your ignore list.

James
-26th November 2003, 22:13
what about creating a translation program
you get ones that can turn entire websites into a different language. surely there is someone with so much time on their hands that they couls do something similar for "teen speak". or possibly vica versa for all those adults who want to communicate with the youth of today!

just a thought

James

Muso440
-27th November 2003, 08:09
Originally posted by Gav
It does my head in as well however it's not llike we can control the sort of person who posts on the board. If it bothers you to this degree may I suggest that you add those who are offending you to your ignore list.

It was a light-hearted suggestion, don't worry.... (ALthough I could also see it working in practice)

Nev
-27th November 2003, 10:56
...after all thats what this forum is about.

As for using proper spelling....this is the internet, and its a forum, I mean do you write e-mails like formal letters? Probably not (unless its a formal e-mail in which case it would make sense, tho it would probably be better to write a real letter instead) but anyway, let's not get off-topic, I made some changes to the pics I put up earlier, (ie I added captions) but I can't actually implement them :( cos for some reason the actual index page the link refers to, and the pics themselves, seem to be hel on Yahoo.com, whilst I only have accesa to yahoo.co.uk, so I can't actually add the captions....and after I worked so hard on them too (had to learn a bit of html an evrything) :upset:
Nev

Flaxen_Renegade
-27th November 2003, 17:37
"teen speak".
teen speak? i'm a teen... do i speak differently? I mean it because I know that I speak differently from when I was younger and I thought I was "way cool" saying things like "ah, i'm getting you done!" and the likes but I kinda hoped I'd grown out of that. Please tell me I have. Ooh, text... :)

Muso440
-27th November 2003, 17:52
Originally posted by Nev
You guys forgot to add your pic links...

Don't have a picture of myself in fencing gear, that's why!

As for using proper spelling....this is the internet, and its a forum, I mean do you write e-mails like formal letters?

Erm, no, but that's not the same. I don't write on this board like I write formal letters either but at least it's easy-ish to read. (I hope.) I'm also not fascist about people spelling / typing correctly in a context like this.

Basically it's just a matter of familiarity: some of the readers of Hayley's post won't have any problems with it because they text / type like that themselves. But for quite a lot of us on here (over the age of about 21) it's just something we're not used to reading, so we have to grind our brains into gear to understand what's going on. I would just like my life to be made easier!

Aoife
-28th November 2003, 08:33
It's not just over 21s, I can't read them either.

I have two more 'press' photos (and some more should be in the local papers soon) but I'll need to bung them on a site because they're too big to fit as an attachment :(

Nev
-28th November 2003, 11:16
Well I am over 21 :grin: and I write w/out propah splllng all the time, esp when I can't remember how to spell a wurd or when I'm in a rush (my mum always did say I tend to speak first think later) but ya know it aint that bad really, bsides, if I was say 42 yrs old, and I'd bin fencing since I was 21, that means half my life would've been spent sharpenning my mind, so I shouldn't have any trouble desciphering (see I can't spell that right) what people mean to say, besides, English is one of the worst designed languages out there and nothing really makes sense, it's all been cobbled together and made up as peopl ehave gone along (for god's sake, bestest is becoming an acceptable word!)

the point is, lets drop the subject of spelling, at least the sentances are [more or less] complete, I've seen forum posts where you are unable to make head nor tail sof whats being said, an dthey were a valid complaint, this isnt.

Also think I found some mopre photos, but have to scan em in then upload, from the last LUIF run by UCL

Nev

Tubby
-28th November 2003, 19:19
still can't paste my head on the bod of that Canadian fencer without it really looking like a proper effort rather than a lampoon. So no photo yet, I'll just have to trust one of the youngsters at the club with my digi camera. now to think of a more valid reason other than vanity to as to why they would want to take a picture of me with my camera, oh yes give em some money.

Re Hayley's text messages, I remember when I had to ask Aoife to translate LMAO and IMHO. It made me realise that there was a sub culture I had to penetrate if I wanted to understand my kids in a couple of years time.

You just got to chill. Don't let the misusers of to, two, too, your, you're get on your parus.

Oh, by the way boys, check out Hayley's website.

Aoife
-28th November 2003, 20:13
I've just added three newspaper fencing photos to my gallery (if you can't be bothered to go back four pages for the link it's www.picturetrail.com/aoife-t ). I should have some more press-type photos soon (though how soon I cannot say... we somtimes have very slow local press here).

Oooh, I might have some pictures of me being dreadfully clumsy and ungraceful (read: fencing) soon, as I'll be taking a camera to the SE Regionals this Sunday.

On a totally unrelated topic (well, sort of related to something said a page or so ago) I just got an e-mail offering the chance to grow three inches in a month... wow! Imagine, I could be 5'4''! :eyerise:

hayleyjade
-28th November 2003, 20:23
o what a ruccuss i ahve caused! hehe! sorry, i dont know if that is really a word!

sorry to all all of you who cant read my writing! i have been sat laughing at your comments anyway! this is getting off the topic and poor Aoife has been trying hard to get back ON subject! so you go back to reading the guardian or some suitably un comprehendable to me newspaper, il ill carry on reading bliss or whteva it is teens stereotypicly read

(sorry for the stereotyping, i really hate stereotypes, its so annyoing!)

coincidentaly, dont view my wbesite its a pile of pap! (i dont even know what that means, its another teen word i have adopted!)
wel i mean u can if u want, but if you do post a message in the guestbook, its looking a bit bare and boring!
Also, don't view if you dont like txt lang, the website is full of it!

cya! sorry, see you! (even though i won't!) h:mexwave: :mexwave:

Rdb811
-29th November 2003, 00:04
:offtopic:

A friend overheard the word 'buff' being used by teenagers on the bus - he thought it meant 'attractive', but this was not a derivation we'd encountered before - could anyone elucidate ?

Jambo
-29th November 2003, 08:36
Muscular/fit I believe.

Tubby
-29th November 2003, 08:46
and like so last year

Aoife
-29th November 2003, 14:53
Response to :offtopic...

I believe contempory use of the word 'buff' means 'attractive', and that early 90's use was more specifically referencing to being 'muscular/fit'. cf The X-Files - 1993 when Frohike says to Agent Mulder over the phone (upon hearing a voice in the background) "If that's the lovely Agent Scully, let her know I've been working out... I'm buff!"

Aoife
-29th November 2003, 15:07
But I may be willing to retract that definition. It seems that 'buff' menaing 'muscular/fit' is an American slag term, whereas 'buff' menaing 'attractive' is an English slang term.

See http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/b.htm

and

http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~wrader/slang/b.html

hayleyjade
-29th November 2003, 18:23
hehe! Aoife do you take english by any chance?

(well yes i have 2 take it too, but dropping it soon, as i cant write, as everyone knows!)

anyway i dont think the mening off buff is that far back, the word may be a regional colloquialism, such as townie, lots of different words 4 this one, (want to know what a townie is, look at the way blazing squad dress, youll be pretty close!)

anyway buff is just a word use for, fit, as in desirable as in goodlooking, mucular, cute, or just damn fine!

its not a dereogatory term, its a good thing! and its not rude, in case u were worrying about that!

Jambo
-29th November 2003, 18:24
So its another word for sabruer then? :tongue:

hayleyjade
-29th November 2003, 18:27
cheeky!;)

hehe! must be, lol! lmfao!

(laugh out loud, laughing my fat ass off1, just for you who need a teen dictionary!)

Rdb811
-29th November 2003, 18:34
Thanks - it's the fencer in question's 30th tonight - I'll pass on the gen.

Marky Irish
-1st December 2003, 20:30
Hello,

here are two photos. the first one is a real action shot taking on a Monday night training session at Fenners. It was shot with a Cannon XLR-1000 Camera (just joking i dont actually know what the camera was :-) ) but it looks cool

oh forgot to add first time that im on the left!

Marky Irish
-1st December 2003, 20:31
and the second isnt of me in fencing but it was taken after the fencing match and shows us with the Varsity shield last April!!! im crouching down on the left.

enjoy,
Mark

loads more fencing photos at

http://www.srcf.ucam.org/cufence/

uk_45
-1st December 2003, 21:11
Nice move, very nice. Kinda the hand behinf the back dice throwing style.

Gav
-2nd December 2003, 08:54
The last couple have been nice photo's.

BTW Aoife 'buff' can also be used as in "in the buff" meaning nude.

hokers
-3rd December 2003, 09:20
Yellow card for turning your back/using the unarmed hand to parry!

Good pic though.

:D

Aoife
-3rd December 2003, 22:07
Aoife 'buff' can also be used as in "in the buff" meaning nude.

Naturally, but I wasn't refering to the noun "the buff", but to the adjective "to be buff" ;)

hehe! Aoife do you take english by any chance?

I'm doing English Language and Literature at As Level (hoping to do a degree in English, then teach it in secondary school). What gave it away? :)

want to know what a townie is, look at the way blazing squad dress, youll be pretty close!)

Down here the most common name for this group of devient youths (yeah I do sociology too) is "Chav" (in the masculine and collective, "Chavette" in the feminine, and "Chavlett" for the under 13s). A plethora of more derogative terms includes my personal favourite - "hoodrats" :grin:

Mantis
-3rd December 2003, 22:37
A plethora of more derogative terms includes my personal favourite - "hoodrats" :grin:

I looked that up in an on-line dictionary and it came up with wood-rat. :tongue:

Couldn't find 'chav' at all but I did find 'hoyden' (see another thread, I forget which).

DrT
-4th December 2003, 12:51
I had the misfortune to be in Swindon yesterday and came across what must have been a group (pack?) of hoodrats. I think they're a quite different species to "townies" who traditionally wear tracksuits and use large quantities of hair gel.

The hoodrats were wearing slipknot hoodies with baseball caps and jeans several sizes too large. Have I correctly identified the species of "yoof"? :grin:

spirall333
-4th December 2003, 13:06
you where in swindon and you didnt come and fence?!?!?
we meet on wednesday nights, next time:eek: :)
in my day they where knowen as yeti, or ye if they had short hair.

Peanut_UK
-5th December 2003, 10:02
Swindon's full of that type - actually outnumber the Chavs (Kevs, Townies, morons, whatevers (my favourite is "Enjoyer of Dance Music" ;) ) ).

They all like Slipknot and wear "RIP Kurt Cobain" tops (they were like 3 when he died. I was there man! You see me wearing "RIP Elvis" t-shirts?), and like all music with the words "nu" (read: Rage Against the Machine did it all when you were still in nappies) "core" (read: there have been heavier and more talented bands around since the early/mid seventies) and "emo" (read: we owe everything in our sound and song-writing to the Deftones but will never admit it) in the genre description.

And now I'm ranting...

Bring back proper rock'n'roll is what I say. Nowt wrong with 3 chords, a slide guitar, honky-tonk piano, and a three-piece brass section. "I've got a new song lads! 12 bars in A! Woo hoo!".

DrT
-5th December 2003, 14:53
unfortunately it didn't occur to me to check when/where fencing was in Swindon until I got there. Probably just as well I missed it, given how badly I fenced when I got to Crawley! :o

Back to the subject of fencing photos, have you seen the new photos on Sylwia Gruchala's site? I don't know why she's eating her foil, but the pouting pig-tailed look works for me!

http://www.sylwia-gruchala.prv.pl/

spirall333
-5th December 2003, 14:57
next time doctor;)
cool photos!

symon
-5th December 2003, 16:27
Originally posted by DrT

Back to the subject of fencing photos, have you seen the new photos on Sylwia Gruchala's site? I don't know why she's eating her foil, but the pouting pig-tailed look works for me!

I'll 2nd that!! nice site

uk_45
-5th December 2003, 16:38
and i'll 3rd it nice site, nicer girl

Muso440
-5th December 2003, 18:29
Originally posted by uk_45
nice site

Nice site? And you both read fluent polish, do you?

Or is this 'nice site' in the sense that people read the Sun for its news coverage?

Tubby
-5th December 2003, 19:38
Dr T - thank you.

Rdb811
-5th December 2003, 20:44
Originally posted by DrT
but the pouting pig-tailed look works for me!

Phew wot a scorcher !! Do not however, choose to hold your Xmas dinner in a restruant where the waitresses are pig-tailed (and wearing cow-girl outfits) - the food was awful and we couldn't hear ourselves.

DrT
-8th December 2003, 11:55

Or is this 'nice site' in the sense that people read the Sun for its news coverage?

Actually, our office assistant is Polish and she translated some of it for me. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it said as I was too busy looking at the pictures. :grin:

Tubby
-8th December 2003, 19:27
Does she look anything like Slywia?

MrWizard
-8th December 2003, 21:56
Originally posted by DrT

http://www.digitalreality.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/smileys/luvlove.gif

Anyone else think this (http://www.gruchala.republika.pl/galeria/sylwia18.jpg) picture looks a bit freaky though? :confused: Looks like a weird photoshop experiment gone wrong...

Jamie

PM1
-8th December 2003, 23:05
Drool on, little boys, drool on.......

Rdb811
-9th December 2003, 00:25
Originally posted by MrWizard
http://www.digitalreality.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/smileys/luvlove.gif

Anyone else think this (http://www.gruchala.republika.pl/galeria/sylwia18.jpg) picture looks a bit freaky though? :confused: Looks like a weird photoshop experiment gone wrong...

Jamie

Now you mention it.

Boo Boo
-9th December 2003, 09:32
Maybe the "Gruchala fan club" should arrange a trip to Como (Italy) at the beginning of February (WF A-grade) - you could all meet Sylwia...

Boo

reposte
-9th December 2003, 10:24
I'm more of Youcheva fan myself...

DrT
-9th December 2003, 11:42
Originally posted by Tubby
Does she look anything like Slywia?

a little bit!

So, anyone else want to join the GFC? I think to join you only have to be able to pronounce "Gruchala"...
;)

clockity
-9th December 2003, 13:40
I like Como, it is a nice place to visit... Might be a bit cold in February though.

twohappyhippos
-9th December 2003, 16:02
how come, even when shes sweaty she doesnt go bright red and her mascara doesnt run?!!!!!!!!!!!! how does she do it?!

DrT
-9th December 2003, 16:33
Don't know, but I'll volunteer to find out! :tongue:

hayleyjade
-9th December 2003, 18:09
how come, even when shes sweaty she doesnt go bright red and her mascara doesnt run?!!!!!!!!!!!! how does she do it?!

she must be superhuman, and not get sweaty! or she might not be a fencer at all, just posing for the photos............

make up + fencing = mess!

truly it does.

hayleyjade
-10th December 2003, 17:48
i dont think you can be sober during that kind of thing!

Tarmac
-10th December 2003, 21:10
by the end of the weekend.. i promise!

PM1
-10th December 2003, 22:54
I'm going to break new ground for me and see if I can send you a pic of the boy, in pose, as it were.

Nope, wont let me.....will try again tomorrow.......

Tubby
-11th December 2003, 00:08
Well I tried to post a pic but no joy. God has looked after the forum and moderated my pic.

hokers
-11th December 2003, 09:13
This is getting seriously off topic now and verging on the point of personal attacks. Probably best to close this Mods?

hokers

Gav
-11th December 2003, 10:36
Originally posted by hokers
This is getting seriously off topic now and verging on the point of personal attacks. Probably best to close this Mods?

hokers

I like the idea of this thread so it stays open. I've moved the bulk of the off topic stuff to another thread.

Keep on track guys...

bufc99
-11th December 2003, 10:37
At last I finally have a pic of me in my fencing gear.

Me posing (http://studentweb.cs.bham.ac.uk/~ug24sxc/fluffyfencing.jpg)

symon
-11th December 2003, 13:37

I COULD'NT HAVE SAID IT BETTER!! :grin:

Marcos
-11th December 2003, 14:10
here you go - when i did some fencing on the radio!

Marcos
-11th December 2003, 14:10
Originally posted by Marcos
here you go - when i did some fencing on the radio!

and....unfoirtunately the article is just oo big to attach in one go

hokers
-11th December 2003, 14:25
One of me about to come on guard at the far end.

http://www.guildfordfencing.co.uk/rncrowd.jpg

Lost as well, 45-43, I got 5 first but needed 7 :(

Tarmac
-13th December 2003, 13:07
Here ya go... some particularly dodgy shots of my club. Unforunately my impromptu photographer decided not to use the flash on the entire reel of film so i cleaned them up as best i could - but they're still poo.
More sometime next week... which i took - with a flash!
Try this http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view and type in Tarmac on the visit album bit..

Tarmac
-13th December 2003, 13:34
Actually scrub that.. just click on my www. link

PM1
-13th December 2003, 13:40
Tarmac - you're link don't work...

Tarmac
-13th December 2003, 13:43
seems ok to me... whats it doing?

PM1
-13th December 2003, 14:08
your www. link sez "page cannot be displayed". Not tried the other one yet.

PM1
-13th December 2003, 14:14
tried the main link now - pity !!!about the lack of flash, that is.........kinda thing I do, but as I've now been bought a digital (ta darling), I know annoy people by taking 2 photos - one with and one without flash - just in case one is better than the other, even tho' i've already checked..........mutter mutter.

Keep threatenning to do pics for club and school club, so I better had, I guess. Might even do some for the Cadet Winton team training tomorrow....

Gav
-15th December 2003, 08:10
Tarmac: Those pics are wee bit ... dark.

Aoife
-15th December 2003, 11:50
Ahhh, underexposure in photos.... better than overexposure I guess :eyerise:

Chappers
-16th December 2003, 22:29
Hi Aoife,
Was just wondering whether u took any photos at The SE Region event, and if so could you post a few up please!
Thanx!

Aoife
-19th December 2003, 21:19
Afraid I didn't. I was going to but my camera kaputted on me when I arrived, deciding to eat any film I put into it. :upset:

Tarmac
-20th December 2003, 10:57
Ahhh, underexposure in photos.... better than overexposure I guess :eyerise:

aye.. unfortunately my friend neglected the flash option...
i've got a whole bunch of photos taken with a flash on film somewhere, in my bedroom, somewhere, maybe under the clothes....hmmm

kitten
-23rd December 2003, 04:04
You guys rock!!
Cheers for the discussion on 'teen-speak' I'm doing a module on 'New Language: English in the computer age' and this is all so relevant it's fantastic!!
Creativity in language is fab, don't knock it.

:sun:

Aoife
-24th December 2003, 20:39
A new one from today's local paper can be found at www.picturetrail.com/aoife-t

I didn't manage to wrestle actual action pictures from my Deputy Head, so they'll arrive some time after Jan 5th when we go back to school.

when i did some fencing on the radio!

One of those wonderful radio things, is fencing. Like tap-dancing, puppetry, and gurning!

(I had to radio-fence one, unfortunatly as it was on the 'Out and About' radio bus we actually had to make some pretence at fencing.... without our kit on. So we more or less held some swords, got in stance, and did the least violent but most noisy fencing-style moves as possible on the side of the street by a habour :grin: )

tigger
-26th December 2003, 17:11
Me (on the right) blagging a hit against Mika Roman in the pools at the Copenhagen Coupe du Nord 2002. I came 2nd in the end. 1st loser...

PM1
-26th December 2003, 22:50
where on which right, dear ???no link, or too much scrumpy got in the way ??

will try and post some piccys next week of the epee and sabre squad training this weekend, poor sods.......

tigger
-27th December 2003, 13:05
Well it is Xmas for god's sake....

Don't seem to be able to put attachments up at the mo, but I'm *sure* you can all just picture it any way:grin:

PM1
-30th December 2003, 23:01
....drinking alcohol....obviously not in serious training then. Oh, sorry - momentarily forgot you're a sabreur........

No pics of the training this weekend, as I didn't have my camera at the right time/wasn't there when they crew were fencing, but I think I might have some of the saturday night bowling (well done both Peters). Will see what I can find.

Tarmac
-5th January 2004, 14:30
Here ya go... finally, some half decent?! photos of what goes on at my club and a baby giraffe... strange but true.
Same as last time, click on my www link - should work..

Aer
-15th January 2004, 15:46
no pics of me fencing. but i am AT a fencing competition.

I'm on the left (SASF TEAMS) on my first ever sabre competition. Our team finished 3rd= didn't do too badly, we came back from 40-31 in the last bout to lose 45-44... i brought it back from 35-22.

SASF Team Sabre (http://members.lycos.co.uk/Nymes/sabreteam.JPG)

James
-16th January 2004, 16:49
finally a pic of me fencing
taken from a digital video camera
please excuse the excessive m-pegging
it did start out as a 320 x 240 image
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p12af09ac01b3cf539a2305cf1826ddac/f9edb756.jpg
(im on the right)

Jayse Suicide
-20th January 2004, 01:26
im not in my whites, but im outside the venue...? :tongue:

~Jes

ChiefyMacT
-20th January 2004, 21:29
As I've only been fencing for... pauses and counts on fingers.... "1, 2, many lots!" er a short while I am lucky enough not to have had my tubby self photographed in anything white, which frankly would have me resembling a cloud.

So here, hopefully, are some pics of me in my other sword related thing.

That there is Kal, I think she may be trying to give me a wig.
http://gallery.bearsfaction.com/albums/album11/sIMG_2115.jpg

That's me after a big fight with a lich and 50 of his best undead mates.
http://gallery.bearsfaction.com/albums/album09/sIMG_1065.jpg

This is me at rest, that is a Vampeer next to me (not allergic to the light)
http://gallery.bearsfaction.com/albums/album11/sIMG_2132.jpg

That's me telling everyone in the Tavern how it's such a good job I'm the hero I am otherwise they'd all be speaking Drow by now!
http://gallery.bearsfaction.com/albums/hg1103/hgu10.jpg

This is me being metal!
http://gallery.bearsfaction.com/albums/album04/sIMG_2416.jpg

I will try to be photographed in something a little more on topic soon.:eek:

anteanteportas
-21st January 2004, 05:21
thats me (1st from right) working at Directoire Technique at Junior European Championships at Porec with Mr.Schirmacher(GER), Mr.Meszaros(HUN) and Mr.Kovacic(CRO)...

Craig
-26th January 2004, 18:50
From 12 years ago...

shandydann
-27th January 2004, 14:48
Originally posted by James
finally a pic of me fencing
taken from a digital video camera
please excuse the excessive m-pegging
it did start out as a 320 x 240 image
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid99/p12af09ac01b3cf539a2305cf1826ddac/f9edb756.jpg
(im on the right)

Cool thats from my camera isnt it? You edited the rest yet?

Essie

shandydann
-27th January 2004, 15:00
One of me last year fencing Im the short arse facing the camera whos really off balance.

shandydann
-27th January 2004, 15:15
And one of me half in uniform knocked out and refereeing (badly) mens epee. Breeches arent my thing, mind you I always look bad in photos.

shandydann
-27th January 2004, 15:22
Originally posted by Aer
no pics of me fencing. but i am AT a fencing competition.

I'm on the left (SASF TEAMS) on my first ever sabre competition. Our team finished 3rd= didn't do too badly, we came back from 40-31 in the last bout to lose 45-44... i brought it back from 35-22.

SASF Team Sabre (http://members.lycos.co.uk/Nymes/sabreteam.JPG)

Is that john in the middle of the picture, didnt think he was still there.

Tubby
-28th January 2004, 01:24
Finally got round to doing this.

Tubby
-28th January 2004, 01:26
Originally posted by Tubby
Once I managed to paste my head on the body of the Canadian fencer (the one striking the "hey I appeal to both guys and girls" pose) I'll post, as my washboard 6 pack has evolved into a frontloader magnum. It took awhile but wasn't worth it.

Aoife
-31st January 2004, 17:07
Inspired by Tubby's picture I gave one of my own an attempt.

Apologies in advance for using LP's photo and to the girl who's face I've tried, not to successfully, to replace!

hayleyjade
-31st January 2004, 17:17
lol quite good aoife! go u!

Tubby
-31st January 2004, 22:54
hey, that was much too good an effort! No wonder there is so much control over taking photos of kids!

Aer
-3rd February 2004, 11:40
Originally posted by shandydann
Is that john in the middle of the picture, didnt think he was still there.

yeah, it is. He's in his last year at st andrews atm...

Aoife
-5th February 2004, 13:55
that was much too good an effort!

It took ten minutes! I have some funky face-replacing softwear on my computer :)

DrT
-9th February 2004, 13:57
Originally posted by Peanut_UK
Swindon's full of that type - actually outnumber the Chavs (Kevs, Townies, morons, whatevers (my favourite is "Enjoyer of Dance Music" ;) ) ).

I know this was a while ago, but I've just been told about this fantastic site

www.chavscum.co.uk

Be afraid. Be very afraid! :eek:

uk_45
-9th February 2004, 15:04
LOL very good indeed very true to the point up here they would be called Scallieys and up here (wirral) we get the worst type skallies with a scouse accent!

madfencer
-9th February 2004, 15:39
:upset: sorry guys dont hav any pics of me but this is my fencing clubs site
http://www.cwgsy.net/community/fencing/
theres loadsa pics on there but i dont thnk theres any of me!!!!! theres sum of oddball tho!!!!!!!!!!!!! my mum n $"^ hole of a dad r on there also!!!!!!!!!!! n so r sum of me m8s!!!!!!!!!!! please visit it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uk_45
-9th February 2004, 15:42
Your club has the same initals as mine.

Aer
-9th February 2004, 18:07
new photo...

*Shock*:confused: *Horror*

Actual fencing?!? (Im on the right)

SASF Beginners... (http://members.lycos.co.uk/nymes/aer.jpg)

madfencer
-10th February 2004, 10:07
uk_45: cool! so ur fencin clubs initials r SSC?! did u lot visit me fencin clubs site?!

oddball
-12th February 2004, 07:59
no there aren't madfencer

but there is sme funny stuff!!!

madfencer
-12th February 2004, 10:13
yea our fencing sites cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVERYONE VISIT IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
:stop: -VISIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
me tomorrow night!!!- :drink: :beer: :flush: :sleep: :drinkbott

oddball
-13th February 2004, 07:39
well, not exactly cool, but it has its good bits.......eg Touche Tom's bit

and some funny pictures

madfencer
-13th February 2004, 10:13
yea touche tom makes me laugh!!!!!!!!!! :grin: n da pics of meyrick r funny!!!!! how does JohnL kno him?!!!

oddball
-13th February 2004, 18:01
what did I say about names?!!!!

no idea

beware idle thumbs upon your keyboard, perhaps they would be of more use upon your chosen weapon.

foilerist
-14th February 2004, 19:57
there's a picture of me on our club website. not too flattering, can't remember it being taken.Liverpool Fencing Club (www.liverpoolfencingclub.com) its on the club characters page, i'm the club captain.

Tarmac
-15th February 2004, 14:06
yikes! flattering...

foilerist
-15th February 2004, 23:16
thats why people prefer me with the mask on. anyone going to the merseyside open? I'll be fencing foil wearing a red mask with liver birds on the side.

Aoife
-18th February 2004, 19:23
Got some photos from the BYCs finally up on the net!

Go to www.picturetrail.com/aoife_byc

hayleyjade
-18th February 2004, 19:32
oooo, i should have some pics by this time next week! used a whole film taking pics of me with my GOLD medal on, so hopefully one of em should be ok. my dad took a pic or 2 whilst i was fencing, so might have some action shots!

Tubby
-18th February 2004, 22:24
Got some photos from the BYCs finally up on the net! In the green light shot it looks as if your hair is spilling out from beneath your mask covering the target, tut tut tut. And no doubt your coach will have something to say about that front foot position in the low line parry shot.
Any other comment I may have I'll have to keep to myself for fear of coming over the D.o.M:confused:

Mantis
-18th February 2004, 23:31
My light's green, woohoo! And if I remember correctly my hit fell first, so I got the point! (I ended up loosing 15-3, but who cares, my light's on! Yippee!). Caption from photograph

Looking carefully, it looks like that put you 1-0 up as well. But more likely, you were not using the number displays on the lights.

uk_45
-19th February 2004, 09:26
Aoife are you fencing Anna G in one of those photos by any chance.

Aoife
-20th February 2004, 10:40
In the green light shot it looks as if your hair is spilling out from beneath your mask covering the target

My hair wasn't covering target, it's a shadow... I had my hair tied up.

no doubt your coach will have something to say about that front foot position in the low line parry shot.

Yup, my foot is rather wonky in that photo! Whoops!

oooo, i should have some pics by this time next week!

Looking forward to seeing them! Well done!

But more likely, you were not using the number displays on the lights.

No, I don't think were were.

Mantis
-20th February 2004, 10:47
Yup, my foot is rather wonky in that photo! Whoops!

Time for a bit of digital editing? :grin:

Ulrika
-20th February 2004, 16:19
Ok, thought I'd contribute to this thread.

Attached are some pictures of me (in my fencing gear!) attending the Military World Games in december 2003.

I was wearing my pirates scarf for luck. It worked. Occasionly... :-)

//Ulrika

hayleyjade
-21st February 2004, 16:39
Woo, my pics came!

here's one of them! i'll be putting more on my website, so check there!

uk_45
-21st February 2004, 16:52
Very.....erm........nice

should get some of me up by wed

hayleyjade
-21st February 2004, 17:00
OI!!!!!!!!!!

hayleyjade
-21st February 2004, 17:10
ok, pics now added:

fencing page on my webbie (http://funfunfun38.tripod.com/funsite/id27.html)

Aoife
-21st February 2004, 17:37
Nice site, great pics!!!

Well done again for getting the gold! :grin:

hayleyjade
-21st February 2004, 18:56
thanx!
the sites rubbish and so r the pics, but thanx anyway!

Mantis
-21st February 2004, 19:36
thanx!
the sites rubbish and so r the pics, but thanx anyway!

The site has temporarily exeeded it's bandwidth. :(

hayleyjade
-21st February 2004, 21:08
darn! its what you get for not paying for a site, or using tripod!

eevrybody has been on my site u c! im so popular! HAHA who am i trying to kid?!?!

Mantis
-21st February 2004, 21:17
eevrybody has been on my site u c! im so popular! HAHA who am i trying to kid?!?!

Sorry to shatter your illusion but pictures are big so it probably doesn't take many visitors all looking at the new pictures to push it over the limit. :tongue:

hayleyjade
-25th February 2004, 16:39
o sssssshhhhhhhh!
:tongue:

uk_45
-4th April 2004, 16:48
Ok im bored at the mo so i thought i'd have ago at re-launching this thread as Gav said it is a good idea, but alass now half the pictures are no longer up.

Juicy
-15th April 2004, 22:53
I've joined this right at the end, so probably nobody wants to look at photos anymore...

Well I have one of me in fencing kit (or the only one I would vaguely publicise, anyway...) on http://www.fencing.uclu.org/images/Team%20Photos/yes/girls1.jpg
(second from the left, short, dark hair)

For more, there are a few on
http://www.fencing.uclu.org/Photo_gallery.htm (especially lots of drunk ones at the Colours ball this year in a purple dress)

:party:

tigger
-19th April 2004, 08:37
OK, here are some pix:

Fencing Mika Roman in Copenhagen (and claiming the hit...)
http://www.edda.freeserve.co.uk/CPNHGNfencing1SMALL.jpg

Arguing with the ref at the SW regional final as to whether I had gone off the back of the piste... i was right (my foot was in the air over the piste, therefore technically ON the piste damn u). It made all the difference between winning 15-9 or...errm...15-8.
http://www.edda.freeserve.co.uk/SWfinal3small.jpg

And finally, a flattering publicity shot taken with a youth filter by the looks of it ;) actually it's 3 years old, but it's scary how young I look compared to my ravaged features of today
http://www.edda.freeserve.co.uk/JonFace.jpg

PM1
-19th April 2004, 09:44
I hadn't realised you had such Cornish pisky ears......:rolleyes:

Mantis
-19th April 2004, 09:54
Originally posted by tigger
(and claiming the hit...)

You are holding a sabre so that goes without saying. :tongue:

(Runs for cover)

Juicy
-19th April 2004, 15:23
Originally posted by tigger
actually it's 3 years old, but it's scary how young I look compared to my ravaged features of today

But you had long hair then...short hair makes you looks so much younger... so see, it cancels out your wrinkles! :cool:

madfencer
-20th April 2004, 12:06
sorry i dont hav any pics of me. :( will post sum wen i get sum i prpmise. that wont b 4 a long time though!!!!

Jambo
-21st April 2004, 20:07
Me at the Winton trying very hard a clearly failing (you can just see my opponents quinte parry in the top left corner!). And dont ask me how I did :(

Chris
-21st April 2004, 22:40
Originally posted by Jambo
Me at the Winton trying very hard a clearly failing (you can just see my opponents quinte parry in the top left corner!). And dont ask me how I did :(

that looks pretty uncomfortable :P

Zelda
-22nd April 2004, 02:50
Ok, better late then never. I actually fence foil, but Epees photograph better. This photo is nearly 4 years old though.

Gav
-22nd April 2004, 08:27
Nice pic Zelda! I can't imagine anyone wanting to take a picture of me in my kit...:eek:

Insipiens
-22nd April 2004, 10:33
Originally posted by Zelda
Ok, better late then never. I actually fence foil, but Epees photograph better. This photo is nearly 4 years old though.

Especially French grips :)

madfencer
-22nd April 2004, 11:58
dunno bout IN ur kit Gav!!! id like to c u wiv it off!!!!!!!! u got a pic???!!! with or without!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

madfencer
-22nd April 2004, 12:01
ehem, sorry bout that!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

uk_45
-22nd April 2004, 18:30
Yhe 3 step guide to getting the boot of the forum lol!

Tubby
-22nd April 2004, 18:35
Ok, better late then never. I actually fence foil, but Epees photograph better. This photo is nearly 4 years old though. Now that is a:glamour:photo

You got that whole Dark Angel thing going but in white.

Steve
-23rd April 2004, 13:44
Originally posted by Jambo

...the inevitable... How did you do!?:tongue:

Jambo
-23rd April 2004, 14:48
I think I broke a record to be honest! I had about 15 fights, of which I lost 13 or so 5-4, that p***** me right off, particularly when I started getting help with losing from atrocious refing. Whats even worse is I was actually fencing quite well, I have no idea how it happened. The only up side is that some of those 5-4 were against very good fencers (it was the 1st div).

And Yorkshire went back down into 2nd Div, not helped by MS in the slightest.

Jambo
-23rd April 2004, 14:57
Found another good photo, of me desperately running away from one of the NE boys!

hayleyjade
-23rd April 2004, 15:28
your hovering!!!!!!!!!!!! cool! i wanna learn how to fly!!!!!

uk_45
-23rd April 2004, 15:31
Its called Parry by distance

hayleyjade
-23rd April 2004, 15:40
?

hmmm, is this some kind of sabre term for something? or has the 5 minutes of sunbathing affected my brain???? (it was sunny!!!!)

Gav
-23rd April 2004, 16:04
Originally posted by uk_45
Its called Parry by distance

He means - "RUN AWAY"

Seriously.

uk_45
-23rd April 2004, 16:05
Yep but with out turning around!

MrWizard
-23rd April 2004, 17:38
Looks like you're fencing unarmed... Now that takes some skill :tongue:

Jamie

J_D
-23rd April 2004, 22:39
fencing unarmed? that's how I felt at Birmingham:upset:

hayleyjade
-24th April 2004, 16:58
ah! running away! good tactic!!!!!!!!!!

uk_45
-24th April 2004, 18:20
I got told off for it at my COE this morn was told to trust my parries!!!

Neo
-24th April 2004, 23:54
k, very dodgy hair do, but here ya go :S

ChiefyMacT
-25th April 2004, 08:14

Schhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawing!

hayleyjade
-25th April 2004, 19:47
Originally posted by Neo
k, very dodgy hair do, but here ya go :S

whats wrong with the hair?

Zelda
-26th April 2004, 02:42
Oh gosh,,,, maybe I should have fenced some events when I was in th Uk.....and I have lost alot of weight since that photo was taken as well.....gosh gee, didnt think the photo was that good.:o

Neo
-26th April 2004, 17:57
whats wrong with the hair?

badly needed cut for starters :P

oddball
-6th May 2004, 11:45
sorry neo, i thought you was an old geezer

Neo
-6th May 2004, 11:53
Originally posted by oddball
sorry neo, i thought you was an old geezer

Come now, you're confusing me with Roger :grin: :grin: :grin:

Neo
-6th May 2004, 11:57
have a vaguely better one :P

Rdb811
-6th May 2004, 12:03
Originally posted by Neo
Come now, you're confusing me with Roger :grin: :grin: :grin:

How unfortunate - but not quite in the same league as Hudson being asked how he did in the Vets.

PM1
-6th May 2004, 12:15
My my Neo, what a young chap you are.......:rolleyes:

Neo
-6th May 2004, 12:32
For the record I'm 23 :P

PM1
-6th May 2004, 12:38
$*&^%.........REAlly....:eek: you HAVE worn well...mind you, even I look younger when I have less grey hair...:( er, sorry - white...:confused: :( :grin:

J_D
-6th May 2004, 12:58
There's always more old gits than you think!:moon:

Neo
-6th May 2004, 13:06
Actually I got a few too many grey hairs. My (now ex) gf took delight in pulling the damn things out :(

I was most amused when I went to buy cigarettes in Leicester sq - I got id'd - the guy couldn't stop apologising after he saw what age I was. :P

PM1
-6th May 2004, 14:14
Oi !!! J_D - very few people get away with referring to me as an old git, even vicariously....unless they are buying me a bottle of red wine Sainsbury's used to stock called "Old Git"....but then, I'd allow most things if red wine were involved.......ALMOST anything - I have standards to uphold.....(come to think of it, I think the last person was Barry, and wine WAS involved.....)

and you will have noticed - no photo of me on here, or ANYWHERE.....haha.....:tongue: :tongue:

Gav
-6th May 2004, 14:21
Originally posted by PM1

and you will have noticed - no photo of me on here, or ANYWHERE.....haha.....:tongue: :tongue:

That can be changed...:cool:

spirall333
-6th May 2004, 14:23
do it, just do it.
I'm now curious.
B

PM1
-6th May 2004, 14:26
gavINNNNNNNNN!!!!!:o :o :o

more of you than realise will know who I am ........but it's fun hiding behind a pseudonym......:tongue:

PM1
-6th May 2004, 14:34
ACTUALLY - i might JUST get a pic of me and Tubby taken this w/e at Durham....that'll shock you all...........:grin:

spirall333
-6th May 2004, 14:44
you teaze!;)

pinkelephant
-6th May 2004, 16:59
Originally posted by PM1
Oi !!! J_D - very few people get away with referring to me as an old git, even vicariously....unless they are buying me a bottle of red wine Sainsbury's used to stock called "Old Git"....but then, I'd allow most things if red wine were involved.......ALMOST anything - I have standards to uphold.....(come to think of it, I think the last person was Barry, and wine WAS involved.....)

Nick Chapman gave me a bottle of Old Tart once - and very nice it was too. I'm told there's also one called Fat Bastard.

PM1
-6th May 2004, 17:36
...oh, the joys of being a volunteer and being paid in wine...still, better than the traditional Blue Nun, eh?:grin:

Tubby
-6th May 2004, 21:36
I've already posted my pic on this thread - posing topless no less. Now, which of these pics or video grabs of PM1 to post?

PM1
-6th May 2004, 22:45
(spherical objects - forgot he'd have that one......think of another cunning plan.....).

Resolution would be bad, mate...and what WOULD the BBC have to say about copyright, eh?? - just do NOT do this......:confused: :dizzy: :eek: Think of the children......

symon
-10th May 2004, 15:59
Originally posted by PM1
$*&^%.........REAlly....:eek: you HAVE worn well...mind you, even I look younger when I have less grey hair...:( er, sorry - white...:confused: :( :grin:
an easy paper round im guessing!!!! :grin: awwwww go on PM1 let have a pic of ya!!!!:)

PM1
-10th May 2004, 19:37
...another day !!!

Hudson
-11th May 2004, 09:09
Originally posted by Rdb811
How unfortunate - but not quite in the same league as Hudson being asked how he did in the Vets.

ok it was a rough night and i wasn't looking my best.

Neo
-11th May 2004, 09:22
Originally posted by Hudson
ok it was a rough night and i wasn't looking my best.

so how did you do in the Veterans? :grin: :grin: :grin:

Hudson
-11th May 2004, 09:25
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm not that old yet. well maybe after 15 pints of Guinness i might. i'm the wrong side of 25 already don't need to be made to feel any older :( :( :( :( :( :(
And my head still hurts from my weekenmd drinking. sorry fencing.

J_D
-11th May 2004, 10:00
Originally posted by PM1

as an old git myself........;) and I have had a old of Old Git as well as Old Fart beer!

PM1
-11th May 2004, 10:59
I think we OG's need to have another mission in life - sourcing these beverages with defamatory, or is that declamatory, names...going to Asda later....will check what they have.....;) ;)
(quite a garrulous OG really....):rolleyes:

madfencer
-25th May 2004, 12:07
hey nice pics guys! wish i had sum!

strawberry
-25th May 2004, 23:54
http://users.aber.ac.uk/club15/03-04/uwcomp/michelle-sarah%20sabre.jpg
I'm the short one in the picture.

strawberry
-26th May 2004, 00:00
And if you want to know what I really look like:
http://users.aber.ac.uk/club15/03-04/enddinner2/after/ross%20sarah%20and%
I'm the one in the middle.

Rdb811
-26th May 2004, 00:43
Keep getting 'Bad Request' for that.:rolleyes:

Neo
-26th May 2004, 02:16
Keep getting 'Bad Request' for that.:rolleyes:

amy says that to me all the time ;)

Mantis
-26th May 2004, 06:53
Try this instead: http://users.aber.ac.uk/club15/03-04/enddinner2/after/ross%20sarah%20and%20hazel.jpg

The url in strawberry's original post is truncated.

Neo
-26th May 2004, 12:53
Originally posted by Mantis
Try this instead: http://users.aber.ac.uk/club15/03-04/enddinner2/after/ross%20sarah%20and%20hazel.jpg

The url in strawberry's original post is truncated.

would you be Sarah?

In which case i think this one is much better...

http://users.aber.ac.uk/club15/03-04/liz,em,sararh,kat.jpg

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

ps. the other link works, but you have to click on em, not copy and paste em (they worked for me anyways)

strawberry
-26th May 2004, 16:41
That's a different Sarah, lol. But my name is Sarah.

strawberry
-26th May 2004, 16:42
That's a different Sarah, lol. But my name is Sarah.

Captain Max
-17th June 2004, 15:21
I found a funny one today- this is me using my exclusive 'scorpion' stance and the tri-services last year. Despite this I won the match- much to everyone's amusement!

Top right photo, I'm the one on the right:

http://www.btinternet.com/~raf_fencing/Inter_Services_2003_photos/Inter_Services_2003_photos.htm

Lots of photos from Cardiff uni:

http://www.cardiffstudents.com/main/au/fencing/Galleries

A flash pic from UWA's event, there are many more on this site.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/marijnk/index.php?cdir=22&cpic=10

Neo
-28th June 2004, 19:08
:offtopic:

A friend overheard the word 'buff' being used by teenagers on the bus - he thought it meant 'attractive', but this was not a derivation we'd encountered before - could anyone elucidate ?

In Glasgow slang (at least when I lived there) it would be gay or effeminate (shortened from bufftie)

dunastor
-29th June 2004, 01:29
Originally posted by Neo
In Glasgow slang (at least when I lived there) it would be gay or effeminate (shortened from bufftie)

What about Buffy? :tongue:

Neo
-29th June 2004, 01:35
Originally posted by dunastor
What about Buffy? :tongue:

In that case maybe they're a vampire slayer? :P

hayleyjade
-29th June 2004, 09:54
didnt we try to work out the meaning of this word aaaaaaaagggges ago?

in my book buff does mean attractive!!!

Neo
-29th June 2004, 10:17
ya but I was bored and reading old threads and replying.

spirall333
-29th June 2004, 11:49
Buffy is short for Elizabeth, something to do with a childs mis pronunciation of the name.
B

hayleyjade
-1st July 2004, 20:07
ok, so this isnt a picture of me in fencing kit

Me getting into the limo, off to the prom! wooo! (http://www.guiseley.co.uk/prom/html/jemz_60.html)

SarahRhiannon
-2nd July 2004, 16:29
Well I couldn't find any fencing photos of myself so i think i managed to attach a photo (or you could click on link below which i hope will work - i am not very good at technical stuff). in the photo on the top right (of 3 girls), i am on the left wearing glasses. Pretty much everyone in those photos is in UCD Fencing club.

http://www.netsoc.ucd.ie/~cathb/houseparty/mix1.jpg

SarahRhiannon
-2nd July 2004, 16:31
OK, so i didn't manage to attach photos, but the link works!

Onesandzeros
-9th July 2004, 14:58
Well, I don't have any photos at all of me fencing. Just because I am always the one taking the photos. But here are some shots I took...

http://homepage.mac.com/joshrhinehart/PhotoAlbum10.html

spirall333
-9th July 2004, 15:17
very nice work Onesandzeros and welllcome to the forum.
B