PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Swindon

Tarmac
-23rd November 2003, 20:59
A BIG,BIG thanks to all at swindon fencing club and others who all made me so very welcome and gladly contributed to the third worst hangover in my life:grin:
Had a brilliant time and was great to meet you all, hope you can come down this way one day and we can drink cider and chase sheep or something...
Special thanks to Stu for letting a total stranger pass out on his floor:dizzy:
Once again many thanks, and to everyone else - get down to swindon club sometime they're a fantastic bunch of people and will fence your legs off and then nurse you to recovery with alcohol:beer:
oh, but don't drink that green apple stuff that jane gives ya - its not worth it!:tongue:
:cheers2:

Peanut_UK
-24th November 2003, 10:11
No worries Tarmac!

It was a great day on saturday (and I don't just mean the glorious world cup victory!). Legs still ache, but the hangover's gone. Think I've got some bruising from testing out Spirall333's chainmail at 2am when very drunk... d'oh.

Anyhoo - was good to meet you, and we'll have to visit sometime!

Otherwise, see you at some SW comps, or the Duel on the Beach (and you thought this weekend was drunken...!!).

Peanut

P.s. Ref: Tarmac's new sig - he called tails after 9 mins of epee, 14-all. Toss came up heads, he lost (to an eventual finalist and experienced fencer! Good effort son!).

Janusmalanus
-24th November 2003, 10:11
tee hee... only the third? guys, we failed! will have to have him over another time. although... im not sure if we could have survived with him any drunker ;-)

tee hee! tarmac it was great to have you up. great to meet you. and great theat you werent,well, a total weirdo. :blaaaa:

erm... as for the green stuff! a woman with my my high standards and appreciation for the finer things. would i give anything that was unpleasant and and with bad effect to you...? :tongue:
(wait till perenporth...!)

cool to have you and thanks for coming up!

srb
-24th November 2003, 10:37
Originally posted by Peanut_UK
he lost (to an eventual finalist and experienced fencer! Good effort son!).

But not to the winner !!!! (he he he)

srb

Boo Boo
-24th November 2003, 10:44
Ok then, who won what?

Boo
(who spent most of Sunday refereeing/watching temper tantrums at the SW sge group foil....)

Peanut_UK
-24th November 2003, 11:11
Okay, off the top of my head,

MS:
1. Jason Ball
2. Neil Bromley
3. Stu Watts

MF:
1. Steve Bungay
2. Neil Bromley?
3. Jason Ball?

ME:
1. Steve Bungay
2. Dave Jolly
3=. Alan Knowles
3=. Jason Ball?

All Swindon fencers. :)

Not sure about the Women's results (only two for foil, so it's out of Jane Cope and Sophie "Bomber" Harris). Epee was all Wessex Blades, Sophie (Swindon) got 3=. Sabre was not entered, or if it was, it was by Jane Cope only, so she wins! ;)

Good day all in all, and a big thanks to Wessex Blades for pitching up again!

spirall333
-24th November 2003, 11:42
morning all,
well done to all at the comp (srb hows the glove:grin: )
great to meet you tarmac! anyone who drives 3 hours to swindon then matchs jane drink for drink is ok in my book!
peanut i tried to tell you that chain mail stops blades not baseball bats!:rolleyes:
B

srb
-24th November 2003, 12:19
spirall exploded my glove !!! - but it was a great hit.

srb

Dave Hillier
-24th November 2003, 14:30
Well done SRB you were having a good day.

Peanut_UK
-24th November 2003, 15:08
He got 4th in MS as well, so got the Master-at-Arms too! Good day for the trophy collection, srb!

Boo Boo
-24th November 2003, 15:13
Blimey - hope this new venue that swindon is moving to has a bigger entrance door - might need it for SRB's head ;)

Well done SRB! :)

Boo

srb
-24th November 2003, 15:35
And I was robbed of 3rd place by a flunge.

My flunge as well. Assault point against Peanut, I flunged, he parried and riposted. It was given as attack, parry riposte, remise - victory to Peanut. Now if could see my sad gay attempt at a flunge you would know that there is no way on this earth I could have co-ordinated it into TWO moves. Getting it in one move was hard enough. Flunge, collapse - maybe. Flunge, remise, collapse - impossible.

So I was robbed by a flunge and an evil president conspiring against me. That or the fact I have no idea what this choppy stick swordy thing is all about.

srb (now knowing that particle physics is far more obvious than RoW in sabre)

Peanut_UK
-24th November 2003, 16:36
Lol... And a good job too - I'd have lost my third place title I've retained for 3 years on the trot now..!!

not sure he was conspiring against you though - I met your blade with a pretty heavy circle tierce and reposted. From my limited experience, if you meet the blade, it's a parry. Your hit after that is a remise, even if it's one movement. Seems to be a sabre thing.

But probably just dodgy reffing!! ;)

srb
-24th November 2003, 19:52
Originally posted by Peanut_UK
I met your blade with a pretty heavy circle tierce and reposted. From my limited experience, if you meet the blade, it's a parry. Your hit after that is a remise, even if it's one movement. Seems to be a sabre thing.

If you want to get all sabre technical with me I could argue that you actually met your blade and not mine?

Well both sabres did belong to you. So your sabre was parrying and at the same time remising. Admit it, you were fencing yourself and I was just a voyeur!!!

srb (now my head hurts)

srb
-24th November 2003, 19:57
And while we're being technical its:

0, 1, 10, 11,

srb