PDA

View Full Version : Armoury Course BUCS INDLS 08

chnortles
-25th November 2008, 18:15
There will be an armoury course on the Saturday afternoon at the BUCS indls

It is open to all students and is a fantastic opportunity for those involved in their University Fencing clubs to improve their ability to look after uni kit & equipment, something most uni's could really do with!

If you are interested then please PM me so I can make sure there is enough interest for it to go ahead.

Thanks

Hannah Chenneour-cocking
Young Official Development Officer BFA

foilerist
-25th November 2008, 23:06
Hiya, what would be the cost/format, I will tell the armourer at he Club I coach at and see if shes interested.

TLove
-26th November 2008, 12:45
Awesome idea, will pass this along to my club.

chnortles
-26th November 2008, 16:06
Hi All

Thanks for the positive responses, just need a few more!

The course will be on Sat 1-4pm aprox and is 5 (this is to cover membership of the Guild of Armourers) The course will cover repairs and maintenance and will count as a module towards the Journeyman armourer level.

Attendees will need to bring a couple of broken weapons and a small tool kit.

There are 12 places available and will be offered on a first come basis.

Please pm me with an email address for an application form!

Thanks

Hannah

pinkelephant
-26th November 2008, 19:14
Attendees will need to bring a couple of broken weapons...

What? At BUCS? There'll be broken stuff all over the place - mostly rejected by me, Duncan and Tristan!

Coup Lance
-26th November 2008, 19:55
You and Dunc will have to take up my mask failing mantle, I'm in Lignano with your hubby. Can't believe I'm missing BUSA (it'll always be BUSA to me) that really was some bad planning. Had to turn down a week in Paris too!

pinkelephant
-26th November 2008, 22:14
It was clothing as well as masks last year. Sleeves with holes in or frayed seams, not even a 350N label in sight (shudders with horror).:dont:

Swords Crossed
-27th November 2008, 12:04
It was clothing as well as masks last year. Sleeves with holes in or frayed seams, not even a 350N label in sight (shudders with horror).:dont:

Makes my kit sound like it was in pristine condition! Although sometimes thing do slip through the net. I seem to have memories of an exploding foil during last year's BUSAs

madfencer
-2nd December 2008, 00:53
Sorry Hannah - not able to do the armoury course after all - WE is on that day (I had originally thought WE was on the Friday!)!!

madfencer (Helen Dack)