PDA

View Full Version : Liuf

Vallangton
-29th January 2009, 18:15
just to let everyone know LIUF this year will be on the weekend of the 13/14 of June.

Invitations have been sent out to universities, if your uni hasn't got one please pm me.

Red
-30th January 2009, 09:08
Same weekend as the Cole?

Vallangton
-30th January 2009, 10:24
unfortunately yes, it was the only weekend when we could hold it.

Red
-30th January 2009, 11:38
Provided the sabre's on the Sunday it might be doable... Will try to turn up without being both ill and hungover this time ;)

TLove
-30th January 2009, 12:04
Provided the sabre's on the Sunday it might be doable... Will try to turn up without being both ill and hungover this time ;)

Hah yeah, I remember you still being asleep when you were meant to be doing foil also :)

Red
-30th January 2009, 13:45
Hah yeah, I remember you still being asleep when you were meant to be doing foil also :)

Indeed, great weekend though.

Rob.Leicester
-30th January 2009, 17:48
He wasn't asleep I guarantee it, I woke him up at least twice that morning telling him to himself moving

The_Boy_ODwyer
-31st March 2009, 09:43
Arrr, I be there.. Naturally

TLove
-31st March 2009, 14:42
Cool, long time no see!
ULU will be retaining the trophy of course.

UglyBug
-1st April 2009, 14:39
Same venue as last time? I might rock up again.

Shaun
-1st April 2009, 18:14
Cool, long time no see!
ULU will be retaining the trophy of course.
Last I heard it was sat comfortably in Guy's cabinet =-)
It's ours!!!

Vallangton
-1st April 2009, 20:27
yes its our turn for the trophy. hands off...

reddphoenix
-18th April 2009, 18:16
Hmmm. I'd like to do the Wrexham as well, do we know if WF is on the Saturday or Sunday at LUIF?

Vallangton
-18th April 2009, 19:22
Foil is on the saturday.

Epee and Sabre on the sunday.

we normally get a lot more foilists, who then bulk out the other weapons.

reddphoenix
-18th April 2009, 19:42
Thanks very much, Vallangton. Much appreciated. :)

Bayston
-20th April 2009, 20:59
Anyone able to recomend any good hostels??

TLove
-21st April 2009, 09:19
Generator near Euston is a good bet.
I'll probably be offering out my floor again also :)

Maxim
-21st April 2009, 12:25
http://www.generatorhostels.com/

Here is the link to their site. Not great (used to live across the road from it) but probably the closest to the venue and cheapest.

UH-Fencing
-22nd April 2009, 12:48
At the risk of sounding really silly.

Can someone explain to me what this competition is and if it's just for London universities?!

Cheers!

TLove
-22nd April 2009, 12:53
At the risk of sounding really silly.

Can someone explain to me what this competition is and if it's just for London universities?!

Cheers!

The competition is a mixed individual tournament held in London.
It is open to all students, from London, the UK, or abroad.

Shaun
-22nd April 2009, 19:16
UH-Fencing, the Hertfordshire bunnies if memory serves me well =p. Did you guys not receive our invite? Forward your club's e-mail addy to one of us and we'll get our president to send a formal invite to the event :)

Dave_leicesterU
-25th April 2009, 09:46
My physio probabley arent that keen on me fencing competativley still, scum that they are. are you in need of an armourer for the event? il probabley coming down to cheerlead if leicester send a group so would just need space to set up.

Rob.Leicester
-25th April 2009, 11:26
Definitely sending a team from Leicester, I think we were promised a house party at yours Dave.

Dave_leicesterU
-26th April 2009, 11:25
i dont think the term floor space and the term house party are quite the same thing

Rob.Leicester
-26th April 2009, 13:17
That's a shame, people are expecting a house party

Vallangton
-26th April 2009, 14:47
Having an armourer. wow. don't think we.ve ever had a proper one before.

that would be amazing if you're going to be there anyway, just have to find somewhere.....which could be the tricky part.

but yes all students from anywhere and of any age, can attend.

Vallangton
-26th April 2009, 14:49
Having an armourer. wow. don't think we've ever had a proper one before.

that would be amazing if you're going to be there anyway, just have to find somewhere in the hall.....which could be the tricky part as its normally quite cramped.

but yes all students from anywhere and of any age, can attend.

Dave_leicesterU
-30th April 2009, 14:29
yeah, i remember it being a bit of a squeze last year which is why i mention it now, idealy id need a vaguely sturdy table somewhere and a power point but obviously its not a priority ill just show up with the group and see if theres anywhere sensible.

Vallangton
-24th May 2009, 14:00
Just a reminder to everyone to get your entries in if you haven't already. numbers are looking good so far, with only three weeks to go.

DSSabre
-27th May 2009, 23:45
how do entries work? what is the format?

DS

Red
-28th May 2009, 00:27
Email entries, pay on the day. Mixed poules and de. Best Uni prize based on best n results.

KJK
-28th May 2009, 07:10
who do we e-mail? Can you please pm me with the address. Thanks

AMC
-28th May 2009, 12:17
I entered junior, by post is this ok?

Vallangton
-28th May 2009, 18:32
by post is fine. have received some that way already

email is uclu.fencing@googlemail.com

As Red said format is 3W mixed men and women, prizes as normal for top 4, and for best uni.

DSSabre
-11th June 2009, 10:46
How is it all going hope it is a good turn out, good luck to all.

DS

KJK
-11th June 2009, 13:06
Can some one pm me with or simple publish the check in times for Sunday and remind where the venue is? I seem to have lost all of the information I had on this competition. Thanks.

Vallangton
-11th June 2009, 19:38
venue is somerstown sports centre. on chalton street halfway between Kings Cross and Euston. (the road next to The Rocket pub). postcode NW1 1RX. can't seem to post a link to a map.

latest check in times are:

on saturday Foil 09:30

on sunday Epee 09:30
Sabre 10:30

if lots of people have not arrived by then we may be able to delay the start for a short length of time.

hope this has everything you wanted

Captchris
-14th June 2009, 19:07
Hi,

have just tried to check the website and it doesnt seem to work. I googled it. Are the results going up anywhere soon?

AussieMongrel
-14th June 2009, 19:43
Well run comp and well done to Valarian and the team for putting so much effort in today.

Jake Rowley and Valarian Langton in the final, did not hang around to watch as they had to wait for the epee final to finish. I lost to Langton in the semi 15 - 13 (at least I did not let him walk over me like I did in Hertfordshire) and Jake beat some Frenchy in the other semi.

A note to the organisers, maybe get someone else to order the T shirts next year as:

1. I donít fence for Scimitar
2. On what planet is Scimitar fencing club a university

I actually bought one just for the randomness of having 20 or so universities from all over the world and Scimitar fencing club listed in the middle of them.

54 entrants in total for the Sabre

Shaun
-15th June 2009, 12:45
You made a nice comeback Marc =). Yeah I thought the same about the shirts, on the other hand there were many universities we missed out on the shirt but that's all history. There are still a few shirts remaining so if you missed out on them this weekend then you still have an opportunity to grab one - give us a buzz.
The results should be posted later today if all goes well, we did pick up a RH sabre glove which I believe to be around size 9.5, so if anybody is looking for theirs, we may have it

Vallangton
-16th June 2009, 12:10
Thanks to all the competitors, hope you had a good comp.

full results should be up this week on the UCLU fencing club website

Winners were:

foil Edgar (bath)

epee Tan (ucl)

sabre Rowley (kings)

best uni Jena/UCL (tied)

Shaun
-17th June 2009, 01:40
Results are now available

http://http://www.uclunion.org/fencing/blog/2009/06/results-of-liuf-xiii.php (http://www.uclunion.org/fencing/blog/2009/06/results-of-liuf-xiii.php)

Thanks to all that participated!

Cloudy
-17th June 2009, 09:52
Results are now available

http://http://www.uclunion.org/fencing/blog/2009/06/results-of-liuf-xiii.php (http://www.uclunion.org/fencing/blog/2009/06/results-of-liuf-xiii.php)

Thanks to all that participated!

Thanks, and thanks for organising an awesome competition.