PDA

View Full Version : Inverclyde Open

Arturo
-29th April 2003, 11:31
Howdy folks,

This year the Inverclyde Open is the weekend of 31st May/ 1st June. Link to website for entry forms below:

http://www.inverclydeopen.co.uk/

Would come up with whole advertising blurb, but I've already spraffed enough rubbish on the website.

Sasori
-29th April 2003, 11:57
Yawn, too late, I've already been pushing it for you. This also means I expect free entry, lodgings and beer!

Arturo
-29th April 2003, 12:03
Why, thank you Sasori. I did spot your plug on one of the other threads after I had posted this.

Will ask the boss man if we can stretch the budget to buy you a campari and soda (with a nice umbrella and straw).

Now do some work, you workshy fop!

Sasori
-29th April 2003, 12:09
Originally posted by Arturo
Will ask the boss man if we can stretch the budget to buy you a campari and soda (with a nice umbrella and straw).

Now do some work, you workshy fop!

No Olive, no deal!

Workshy I can handle, but less of the fop!:moon:

Jambo
-29th April 2003, 12:18
Errm, just looked and it says no entries for 2003 cos its far away. Not by my reckoning it isnt:)

Arturo
-29th April 2003, 12:21
Yeah Jambo, that's my fault!

I moved house, and at the moment have no phone-line. I need a dial-up connection to update the website, so can't do it from work. We do actually have entries, and you're right: it isn't that far away!

Will update as soon as I can.

Jambo
-29th April 2003, 12:23
Tsk tsk. Nearly as bad as the scottish fencing site (only kidding!):grin:

How do we enter in the mean time then?

Edit - Judging by the number of arguments on the forum recently I should probably be more careful, i really am only kidding though! No offense meant, and work does have to come first:(

Arturo
-29th April 2003, 12:29
You can still enter, I just might not be able to update the website!
Just download the entry form from the site, and send it to me with lots of lovely money.

I've also sent the entry form to Cammy Hall (I'm assuming you know him, being a Newcastle punter).

Jambo
-29th April 2003, 12:31
Who?! Sorry, i'm not the worlds most well connected fencer. Most of the people I know are students or I know them through Jules (Jakab sabreur).

As for entering, will do. I love sabre check in times!!!

Arturo
-29th April 2003, 12:39
And I thought Cammy was (in)famous. He's Newcastle's second hairiest fencer (after Johnny Allatt). He's also one of the Jakab Sabreurs.

See you at Inverclyde!

Gav
-29th April 2003, 12:48
As I am the infamous evil leader of the revolution can I get in for free.

It's either that or your 1st against the wall - comrade.

Arturo
-29th April 2003, 12:56
You're not in power yet. Until that glorious day, we must all do our best to support the glorious monolith that is SF. That means you're paying.

rory
-29th April 2003, 14:15
Since you're trying to overthrow the incumbent powers, you'll need an army at your back. And what better way to recruit than... buying us all drinks at Inverclyde?
Howsaboutit Gav! :-)

Sasori
-29th April 2003, 15:15
Here here! If buying drinks is on your manifesto, I can see no further obstacles in your path to world domination!

I'll have one too!:party:

bydande
-30th April 2003, 14:31
Arturo,
The entry form for the Inverclyde Open asks for "Licence No" - is that FIE licence or just SF/BF membership number? Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am only just starting to compete in open competitions (Inverclyde will be my second) and I just wanted to check before sending in the form.

Sasori
-30th April 2003, 14:55
It really means SF/BF licence number. But if you don't have one of those, put in your TV licence no, dog licence no, gun licence no, it's all the same really., it's not like they actually check.....:drink:

:starfight

Arturo
-30th April 2003, 15:27
Of course I check! Je suis trs efficace.

Whichever fencing licence you have, put that number in. If you have no licence, don't worry. You can join on the day.

Gav
-1st May 2003, 07:24
Received this from Scottish Fencing:

Refereeing Course

A refereeing course will be held on the weekend of 30th/31st May, 1st June, in conjunction with the Inverclyde Open at Largs. The course will start on Friday,30th May, from 6.00pm 10.00pm, and can be followed by the BFAs grade 3 exam at any weapon, as there will be two FIE referees present (Ian Hunter and Mike Thornton). Anyone wishing to sit the exam will have to be present at the appropriate competition, so if accommodation is required the information is available on the competition website (www.Inverclydeopen.com or from David Rollo.

The fee for the course will be 25 and will include a copy of the current rule book very necessary and the exam fee.

Anyone interested in this course should contact me either through the office or by email at patsy.engardens@blueyonder.co.uk .

Patsy Nicholls

I wouldn't mind going. I'm asking around to see who else might go as I'll need a lift - I can't see me getting back from Largs to Edinburgh without a car at 10pm. I'm willing to share petrol costs.

gofence
-1st May 2003, 07:34
Hi Gav,
I am intending to go - so I might be able to drop you off in Edinburgh on my way back to Perth. But only if you are an "evildoer" and not an "evilsmeller" as Sasori suggested.
gofence

Gav
-1st May 2003, 07:58
Damm Sasori for his evil misinformation!

It's not true that I am an evil smeller - well not anymore! Sasori is referring to something that happened in the past. One of my girlfriend's cats mistaook my kit [I was careless enough to leave my bag open] for his litter tray. ewwwww

Arturo
-1st May 2003, 09:26
Errrr, one of your girlfriends cats? How many girlfriends do you have? Cheeky monkey...

bydande
-1st May 2003, 10:15
The only problem with the course is that if you want to do the foil refereeing exam - you have to referee at the Inverclyde foil competition and therefore cant compete in it.

Gav
-1st May 2003, 10:28
I believe that you only have to observed whilst refereeing a match. If that is the case then most fencers can easily preside over at least one DE in between fights. There shouldn't be any impediment to you fencing.

bydande
-1st May 2003, 10:41
Gav,
That is what I had hoped - but the reply that I got from Patsy when I asked about "attending" and "competing" seemed to suggest that it was one or the other. Her exact words were:
"Present at the appropriate competition" means being there as a referee, not a competitor.
What do you think?

Gav
-1st May 2003, 10:46
Hmm,

I'm not sure that they'll get that many if that's the case. I certainly want to fence. I'll send Patsy an email as well methinks.

bydande
-1st May 2003, 10:51
Gav,
Yeah I agree that it will probably cut down on the numbers attending - which would be a real shame.

If it really is "compete or referee" then I might referee foil and compete Epee. Not the best combination for me, but a least it means I will get home (or down the pub) early.

haggis
-1st May 2003, 11:13
I'm planning to ref foil and fence epee too. Not absolutely ideal for me either but I don't reckon my presence in or absence from the foil is the determining factor in making it a good or bad competition. Sadly the same can also be said of the epee but I'll see if I can spoil a few people's day before succumbing to fatigue, inability, fatness or alcohol poisoning (whichever takes me first).

Unfortunately it would be difficult to run a refereeing course where you can get an award without doing any refereeing. I would think that Patsy does mean "fence or ref". Unless you're not bothered about the award. In which case, you can hand over your 25, do the Friday night session, get your rulebook and wait for the next exam when you're not fencing. Maybe not a bargain but I suppose that depends on how highly you value the time and expertise of Messrs Hunter and Thornton:grin:

rory
-1st May 2003, 11:26
Dearie me, Haggis - and I was hoping you'd be fencing again this year!

And I'll have to see if anyone's willing to take bets on me and Hart again... the look on his face at the Edinburgh was priceless!

bydande
-1st May 2003, 11:28
OK guys make with the explanations!
How did you change the "text" that appears under your name to Evildoer or Svengali?
I am not keen on being refered to as a member!
(whether its true or not)

Gav
-1st May 2003, 11:31
I already have an up to date rules set. So 25 seems to be a bit steep - if I can't fence in the Epee. I doubt I could ref at the Foil as I am out of practice and it's a long way to go to stand around.

Hmmm.... I need to think this one over.

Gav
-1st May 2003, 11:32
A-HA! I cannot reveal my evil ways .... Bwa ha ha ha ha

haggis
-1st May 2003, 12:23
Very funny, rory. I'm sure that you were hoping that I'd be fencing in the foil since I'm even fatter and slower than I was a year ago. However it's probably worth remembering that I haven't had a foil lesson in 9 years, compared with you being fresh from Budapest at last year's Inverclyde. As I recall you did have the odd nervous moment. This year I'm going to get my revenge by reffing you out of the competition:grin:

Gav, if you have an up-to-date copy of the rules, I believe there is a reduced price for the course. Check with Lorraine.

bydande - definition of svengali: a person who, with evil intent , tries to persuade another to do what is desired. Like Gav I'm exempt from revealing my evil ways. Sorry.

rory
-1st May 2003, 13:11
Easiest fight I ever had.
Not.

If I hadn't totally exhausted myself fencing you, I might have done better against Scott. As it was I had him 6-1 down, then nearly died of fatigue and blew it... and it's all your fault! ;-)

I hate fencing coaches. They look so "fat and slow" but they still manage to make you move, without moving themselves.

haggis
-1st May 2003, 20:53
Wish I could say that not trundling more than 5 feet from my en garde line was part of some kind of glorious tactical plan. Unfortunately, it was just that my legs weren't working by that stage of the day (and they weren't that great at the start:( ). Never mind. I hope to avoid all that unpleasant moving about business in the epee:grin: .

Gav
-2nd May 2003, 06:14
What's all this whinging about being tired? Surely Foilists come 'batteries included'?

haggis
-2nd May 2003, 07:00
Gav

At one time I thouhgt this was true but I find that my batteries now run flat in next to no time. The brain says: step, step, balestra-lunge. The body comes up with: step, shuffle, shuffle, collapse. Very distressing.:(

Arturo
-2nd May 2003, 07:15
Haggis,

If I hadn't actually met you, I would be thinking you're about 50. You're about the same age as me, for God's sake!

I've never been any near the top in fencing, so I suppose it doesn't matter to me if I keep on fencing at my crap level until I'm 50, whereas you've had a successful career, so have standards. I would have thought a wee bit of exercise would get you back up to scratch and kicking Rory's big old smug ass again!

haggis
-2nd May 2003, 07:39
Arturo

I wasn't fishing for sympathy or compliments but thanks anyway.;)

With the coaching that I do and work and trying to have a normal kind of home life there's not that much free time for getting down to the gym to shed the "coaches' padding" that I have recently acquired. Not too worried. Mostly just think it's kind of funny:grin: If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at? (well, now I come to think about it there's....)

Cheers

Haggis

rory
-2nd May 2003, 07:43
*hoping I get to fence Arturo again this weekend at the Scottish Champs*

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Arturo
-2nd May 2003, 07:48
Just remember who's giving you a lift home...

Arturo
-2nd May 2003, 07:49
...and luck's got nothing to do with it. If I draw you tomorrow, I'll just pretend I'm injured and pull out. At least that way I will exit the competition with a touch more dignity than the last time!

Gav
-2nd May 2003, 10:00
...and luck's got nothing to do with it. If I draw you tomorrow, I'll just pretend I'm injured and pull out. At least that way I will exit the competition with a touch more dignity than the last time!

What? Throw a sicky? tsk tsk

Just beat the upstart up.

Gav
-6th May 2003, 08:56
Got confirmation from Patsy that you can fence in the same event that you want to be assessed for. I've asked her to put my name down, apparently there will be a questionnaire sent out if you put your name down.

haggis
-28th May 2003, 08:06
I've got some epees to fence with this weekend and they are probably the nicest weapons I've ever been allowed to use. They're borrowed of course but I'm growing quite attached to them. All I need now are some fresh legs, obliging opponents, a clear head and an instant return of technique and you guys are in a lot of trouble*.

Yipee, only a few more days to go.

*please consider how many of these are likely

Jambo
-28th May 2003, 12:34
Stupid question. How far is the B&B/comp hall from Glasgow centre? Promised to take the gf shopping in order to tempt her up to cheer for me! Trying to work out whether to go on the way or to drop in on the comp and then head back out.

Looking forward to it.

haggis
-28th May 2003, 12:44
Jambo

Glasgow's about 30 miles north of Largs. There are some fairly winding roads between so will probably take about 45 minutes to drive.

Regards

Haggis

Jambo
-28th May 2003, 12:46
Cheers, see you saturday.

Sasori
-28th May 2003, 14:30
just five minutes walk from Glasgow town centre, and only another 5 to Edinburgh castle.:grin:

Sorry. Don't know how long it takes on the train to Glasgow from Largs, but you can drive there in about 45mins or so, I think...

Sasori
-28th May 2003, 14:31
Oh, I see I'm too late with this post! Oops!:o

Jambo
-28th May 2003, 17:08
Sarcasm Sasori?! Even an englishman ain't that stupid ;) . And I'm scottish enough to represent Scotland should I choose anyway.

haggis
-29th May 2003, 06:50
Originally posted by Jambo
And I'm scottish enough to represent Scotland should I choose anyway.

Surely you mean: scottish enough to represent Scotland if selected . Quite an important difference.:grin:

Jambo
-29th May 2003, 09:59
Ok, true. I have enough scottish blood that I could be picked if I was even remotely competent. That wasnt meant to be arrogant!

haggis
-29th May 2003, 10:21
'Salright. If you fence sabre and know which end to hold you'll probably get the call pretty soon;)

Jambo
-29th May 2003, 10:25
Living in the Norht East certainly wrecks any chance of representing the county!

Sasori
-29th May 2003, 11:11
Originally posted by Jambo
Sarcasm Sasori?! Even an englishman ain't that stupid ;) .

Sorry Jambo, been in Edinburgh too long. Too used to dealing with yanks!

Before I moved here, I thought the scene from Trainspotting with the american tourist was just a gag!:eek: ;)

DrT
-29th May 2003, 11:22
I was up in Edinburgh on my honeymoon last week. Can you tell me when all the Scots left and the yanks, aussies and spanish moved in?

haggis
-29th May 2003, 12:06
Edinburgh Invasion

Edinburgh starts filling up with every nationality from about April and they don't leave until about September/October. Nothing better than a bus full of 200 babbling teenage Spaniards when you're trying to get home;)

Jambo
-29th May 2003, 12:10
I did laugh when we went all the way to St Andrews uni only to find that their captain was american. No Scottish accents to be heard round there!

Dave Hillier
-29th May 2003, 12:18
ah yes the St andrews team 7 fencers of 6 nationalities. Nice guys though they gave us a hagis when they came down to fence us.

Jambo
-29th May 2003, 12:21
Have you seen their sports facilities? Incredible.And that Golf club building? Very nice guys too. They thouroughly kicked our asses I might add.

Dave Hillier
-29th May 2003, 12:48
they spent more on coming down to fence us (in southampton) than our annual budget. We beat them at foil and sabre they destroyed our epee team.

Jambo
-29th May 2003, 12:51
Thats good going, their foil team was pretty lethal against us.

Sasori
-29th May 2003, 13:23
<swaggering bravado>ST Andrews? Pah! Worked my way through them at foil and epee at the scottish students! Pity I couldn't go to the teams!</swaggering bravado> Something to do with being too hungover to see...

:drink: :(

haggis
-29th May 2003, 13:36
Sasori

You beat people at foil???:eek:

Sasori
-29th May 2003, 13:54
I may have had a foil in my hand, but I was using epee moves, i.e. stick hand out and close eyes. Works on beginners and confuses the rest...:tongue:

Arturo
-29th May 2003, 15:23
Strange, I seem to remember your favourite foil move being enormous quinte parry then agonisingly painful flat flick to opponent's ass. Or is it just that my ass is such a large, succulent, enticing target?

haggis
-29th May 2003, 15:34
Or is it just that my ass is such a large, succulent, enticing target?

Arturo

I would never describe your ass as succulent or enticing.:upset:

Sasori
-29th May 2003, 15:37
Strange, I seem to remember your favourite foil move being enormous quinte parry then agonisingly painful flat flick to opponent's ass.

No, I only did that for you 'cos I thought you liked it that way...:o :moon:

Arturo
-29th May 2003, 15:48
Haggis, have you been looking at my ass? Remind me to keep my back to you if you preside any of my bouts this weekend.

And Sasori, you know exactly how I like it. Bring it on, gay boy!

Sasori
-29th May 2003, 15:53
They don't call him the Thong Lord for nowt!

...come to think of it, I don't think anyone actually calls him that at all...

Arturo
-29th May 2003, 16:00
They actually call me Long Thord (said with a lisp).

See you all tomorrow night for some face-to-face abuse. Who's buying me a beer then?

Haggis, where are you staying? There are still rooms available on the Friday night.

Sasori
-29th May 2003, 16:01
See you all tomorrow night for some face-to-face abuse. Who's buying me a beer then?

If I get out of the refereeing class alive...

Arturo
-29th May 2003, 16:03
Had a look at the question list last night. Frankly, I'm very glad I'm not doing the exam. Don't think I would pass even if it was only 40%. Too many technical questions.

You got nothing better to do than post?

I know I don't.

Killing the last 15 minutes in work before I can bog off!

haggis
-30th May 2003, 09:01
:mexwave: :mexwave: :mexwave: :cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

Sasori
-30th May 2003, 10:52
yeah but it started for me last night, I hate fencers, they make me drink too much

:(

:(

Jambo
-30th May 2003, 11:57
Well I just got my exam results so I'm going to be celebrating big style on saturday!

Hudson
-30th May 2003, 20:02
somebody ring an ambulance for jambo, sounds like he might need it :grin:

Jambo
-30th May 2003, 20:03
Cheers! Never been that bad...yet.

Hudson
-30th May 2003, 20:10
yet being the word :grin:

only ever got taken away in an ambulance once and that was a new years eve many moons ago.

Jambo
-30th May 2003, 20:11
I'm usually the one sorting people out and desperately trying to remember the recovery position after 8 pints.

PS This bloomin forum is mailbombing me, what is it with everyone tonight, you should all be out drinking!!

Jambo
-30th May 2003, 20:14
Incidentally, anyone know the best way from Newcastle to Glasgow? M74??

Hudson
-30th May 2003, 20:14
on that note, why are you still in. i was having a few home made fruit juices last night (but don't tell anyone it's a dry country. still not got to bed, been up 40 hours now. :eek: :eek: )

Jambo
-30th May 2003, 20:16
Ive had half a bottle of wine and now being good on account of having to drive to Glasgow tomorrow morning. Nearly went to see Dave Pearce at Foundation though!!

Hudson
-30th May 2003, 20:20
well have a safe drive mate and hope you do ok this weekend.
have a good night saturday :party: :party:

Jambo
-30th May 2003, 20:22
Cheers. Been saying this to Esther, but we gotta meet up at the Nationals. You going? Staying at Holiday inn?

Hudson
-30th May 2003, 20:24
i'll be going but staying at RAF Cosford itself (wonders of being in the RAF :grin: )

Jambo
-30th May 2003, 20:26
Better than 41 a night thats for sure.

Hudson
-30th May 2003, 20:29
plus bars on camp, one which serves Wharstiener white beer. nothing quite like a pint of wobbly beer :grin:

Rdb811
-30th May 2003, 23:07
Nah - we're back (friends engagement party) and ready to rant.

Hudson
-31st May 2003, 08:56
your ready to rant and everybody runs off :grin:

haggis
-2nd June 2003, 08:08
The morning after Inverclyde - I look approximately 900 years old:(. My left calf doesn't work except to register pain:(, my right thigh has a tennisball-sized purple bruise:( and my right forearm has a Gav-induced stripe running half the length of it:(. Finally am still in torment over getting beaten up by big Polish bloke:(. Oh and failing Grade 3 foil refereeing exam by one question. :(

However, it was Inverclyde so there was plenty of beer, curry, banter, gossip, cheap laughs and sunshine. Competitions ran pretty slickly and had the usual combination of duffers and more than decent fencers. Can't wait for next year.:grin: :mexwave: :party:

Gav
-2nd June 2003, 08:15
Sorry about the stripe. I don't think I ever managed to stick an Epee up someone's sleeve before.

No aches or pains today other than that induced to the ego. ;)

I look about 900 years old as well but thats because I started work at 6 and that meant being up at 5.

Sasori
-2nd June 2003, 10:52
900 years old?

By all accounts I look 20 years yonger today than I did on Saturday! The wonders of sleep!

For next year, there should be a clause in the entry forms, no foilists allowed in the epee comp! Pah!
:tongue:

Arturo
-2nd June 2003, 10:54
Have tons of good pictures and video clips. I will try and get them all up on the website, along with the results, by Thursday night. The vids of Cooky and Gordon in the men's foil final, and Marek moving at 100mph in the Epee final are particularly good.

I had a good weekend, apart from fencing like a complete spiv, and going for a snooze at 8pm on the Saturday night and waking up at 4 in the morning. That's what I get for having a few glasses of wine while watching the medley!

Hope everyone had fun.

Jambo
-2nd June 2003, 13:44
Really good comp guys, cheers. Totally failed to recognise anyone from on here but never mind. Got three points of Jamieson in the pool, wahoo! (sorry, its sad, but I was pleased!!).

James
-2nd June 2003, 14:01
(already posted this else where but it fits better here)

inverclyde was sooooooooo good
great fun
and i felt i did quite well
(for a frist compand having only been fencing for a couple of months)
foil on saturday didnt start off too well
the first pool was as follows
5-0 5-0 5-2 5-3 (their score followed by mine)

second pool was better (i actually won one)
5-1 5-1 4-5

de: 15-7

epee on saturday was really quite good
first pool
5-1 5-4 5-4 5-4

second pool
5-0 5-4 3-3 (other guy got the point in extra time - he also had priority)

de: 15-11

and i had mucho' fun

James
(also a thank you to those i fought
and the ref who waited while i mucked about borrowing an epee cos' the one i had borrowed from my club refused to work (he then waited again as i bought one but had to have a left handed handle put on it) and the guy who was presiding and explain priorit in extra time to me as i didnt have a clue)

haggis
-2nd June 2003, 14:57
Left calf has settled down to a dull ache, bruise on thigh starting to yellow. Damaged vanity and ego from fight with Marek - slowly recovering.

Jambo
-3rd June 2003, 12:33
At least you dont have a black hand from twice trying to parry with it!! I'm an ex-foilist so my hand comes up involuntarily when I step back, then thwack, aghhh. I was actually having to mop up the bleeding with one hand while reffing with the other!

whizzkid1982
-3rd June 2003, 12:40
sounds painful!

aao
-3rd June 2003, 14:01
Originally posted by haggis
Damaged vanity and ego from fight with Marek - slowly recovering.

Oh don't let that worry you Marek has been doing that to people up and down the country for a while now! :upset:

He is an absolute pain in the backside to fence ( he pretty much kicked my ass last time I got him in a comp!) I'm just suprised he went up to the inverclyde, he seems to have developed this annoying habit of turning up where you least expect him :( well at least he won't be at the nationals :) (for the individuals at any rate :confused:

On the plus side he must have upped the nif count!

haggis
-3rd June 2003, 14:24
Originally posted by aao
I'm just suprised he went up to the inverclyde

On the plus side he must have upped the nif count!

Part 1: Must have heard I was going to be fencing ;) Besides, haven't you been reading the previous posts on this thread. There's about a thousand good reasons to go to Inverclyde.

Part 2: No. The useless sod did one competition last year finishing 70-something in the end of season rankings. So Marek's contribution to the nif-count = 0.:( Weird. He didn't look like a fencer ranked 70-odds to me. Although, to be fair, he possibly didn't think I looked like a fencer with no ranking at all (at least not until the last minute or so:upset: )

Sasori
-3rd June 2003, 14:32
My only gripe about the weekend, (well there is one other, but that's another story) is that I didn't get the chance to fence Marek. Maybe next time.

Arturo, when will the Inverclyde website be updates with all the useful piccys and results?

aao
-3rd June 2003, 14:34
Fear not a quick scan of the rankings reveals that he is currently 9th and as the nifs are taken from september and march onwards he actually contributes 3 points (so he was in the top 20 on the first of march)

taking him to the last minute is no bad thing :)

haggis
-3rd June 2003, 15:13
1 minute left, 1 hit down. Aha, thinks I, time to up the pace, pressure him a bit, some explosive attacks (having gathered the flick to hand) or draw the fleche, jump back and make the parry-riposte and I'm home. Sadly, the reality was me trundling forward like a sloth on sedatives, wheezing like I'd swallowed a harmonica and Marek cheerfully picking me off with the aforementioned flicks or fleches on my stumbling preparations. All very distressing.:(

Still. Better news on the nif-count front - a grand total of 5!! So I now have 64.4 British ranking points (which should see me race into the top 300 in the British rankings:grin: ). Happy days

aao
-3rd June 2003, 16:20
Originally posted by haggis
1 minute left, 1 hit down. Aha, thinks I, time to up the pace, pressure him a bit,

Now I don't believe you wanted to do that ;) the man goes on 8 miles runs every morning for fun he just doesn't get tired (as opposed to most of us epeeist who balk at having to walk all the way back to the on guard line!) .

Actually running at him does work (as greg allen) demonstrated but you do have to be mighty fast when you do it and somewhat close to him (a distressing place to be on a fencing piste!) but as they say its the thought that counts!

Arturo
-3rd June 2003, 17:07
Sasori,

I have all the website updates ready. All I have to do now is go to Dave's house on Thursday and use his phone line for ages as I upload 20MB worth of stuff.

I have about 25 video clips to upload (and more on my hard drive), and 20 images (I do have lots more, but frankly I got fed up halfway through putting them all on. Might do more later).

haggis
-3rd June 2003, 20:43
aao

The day I take Greg as my fencing role model is the day I sell all my kit (damnit, I've actually done that before:o )

Arturo

Nice work, fella! I look forward to seeing your handiwork.:thumbs_up

aao
-3rd June 2003, 23:00
I'm not saying use him as your role model (although selling your kit is a bit drastic! ) but he is number 1/2 in the country on merit and one of the few people to actually beat Marek on a regular basis. Oh and become left handed that helps too

;)