PDA

View Full Version : AVG reports Virus attack from this Forum

StabInTheDark
-15th March 2009, 20:33
I have just loggedon (as is my wont at this time on a weekend) and have been warned by my resident AVG software of a virus attack - HTML/Framer: This attack seems from the limited info available to be an IFrame exploit code or Trojan, deliverd from the Forum website, which AVG has moved to my Virus Vault.

Can one of the techies please check this out? so far as I am concerned this has not actually caused me an obvious problem, but a big red warning message is not what we like to associate with use of the Forum

wingnutLP
-16th March 2009, 11:52
Hi,

Can you let me know the pages that are showing the problem preferably with a link and the exact error message please?

Alex

Absinthe
-16th March 2009, 15:21
I also got a virus message from this website, but unfortunately did not note the details. Our system has dealt with the problem.

Absinthe
-16th March 2009, 15:30
The symantec antivirus message was Infostealer.Banker.C reboot required and cleaned by deletion.

Absinthe
-16th March 2009, 15:34
I searched google for leon paul forum and followed the link. The virus message came up when the forum page appeared. I did not need to logon.

StabInTheDark
-16th March 2009, 19:07
Hi,

Can you let me know the pages that are showing the problem preferably with a link and the exact error message please?

Alex

sent PM