PDA

View Full Version : Hands up who's going to Belfast!

munkey
-30th March 2009, 21:58
Hands up if you're going to the cadet and junior world championships in Belfast and in what capacity e.g. fencer, coach, parent,ref, volunteer, etc. Me first!

I'll be there as a volunteer 7 of the 9 days and if you're really unlucky I'll come and speak to you.

Munkey

UglyBug
-30th March 2009, 22:20
*waves hand in the air

I am. Hoping ear infection clears before Friday's flight, else it might hurt a bit. Am there from 3rd to 14th I think

pinkelephant
-30th March 2009, 22:21
:rockon: Nearest I could find to a "hands up" smiley. Please say hello. I'll be the female member of DT pretending she isn't going grey faster than she was before.

PM1
-30th March 2009, 22:33
Me too :D I'm the big fat rolly polly white haired ball who will be welfaring the volunteers (?) and sitting/posing/whatever, near if not in the information area as well as the venue(s) as a whole. As well as being a general dogsbody.....

Probably wearing a nice green WARM jacket with me name on ...so's I don't forget.....:whistle:

come and say "hi"!!

Tubby
-30th March 2009, 22:38
:hellowave me, Mrs Tubby and Tubby Jnr 2 will be there from opening ceremony and last day and two days in between. Me as driver for the coach plus parent, Mrs Tubby as parent, Tubby Jnr 2 as pressed supporter sibling, and Tubby Jnr 1 there as a fencer. Unable to volunteer as have a pressed offspring who is too young to be a volunteer and is there as part of their holiday so will be taking advice from the volunteer on the what to do in Belfast tourist desk at the venue.

Neil Brown
-30th March 2009, 22:38
Still up, still having the same discussions about the rules regarding socks I was having in Korea 2 years ago.
Still looking at the rules in French & English which don't match.
Still trying to leverage a bit more home advantage for us.

Hotel & travel all sorted for British team now. I'll be there from tomorrow.

See you all there.

UglyBug
-30th March 2009, 22:46
Me too :D I'm the big fat rolly polly white haired ball who will be welfaring the volunteers (?) and sitting/posing/whatever, near if not in the information area as well as the venue(s) as a whole. As well as being a general dogsbody.....

Probably wearing a nice green WARM jacket with me name on ...so's I don't forget.....:whistle:

come and say "hi"!!

Does welfaring us mean giving us cake? I think it might.

munkey
-30th March 2009, 22:51
Does welfaring us mean giving us cake? I think it might.

I think it should! I know my welfare would be greatly enhanced by a regular supply of cake.

Munkey

D'Artignan
-30th March 2009, 23:23
I think you're getting welfare and waistline mixed up again munkey....:p

Foilling Around
-31st March 2009, 06:32
FA and wife will be there for 8th and 11th (probably sight seeing in between) and hopefully Trebis3 (ie youngest) will be there volunteering for longer - though details not yet sorted out.

Australian
-31st March 2009, 07:18
I'll be there as a referee for all 9 days plus a few either side

Lynne
-31st March 2009, 08:08
MaMelia and MrMelia, plus Granddad, will be there for the 10th (JMF Ind) but unfortunately can't stay any longer. MegaMelia (too big for MaxiMelia!:o ) may be there for 13th to support MiniMelia and the team, funds permitting.

Keith.A.Smith
-31st March 2009, 11:57
I will be there. Flying out late Thursday night.

Flying back very early indeed on the 14th.

Keith

Meg_SF
-31st March 2009, 17:29
Phil will be there next week, I'm staying home to cover for him!

Good Luck Everyone!!

PM1
-31st March 2009, 23:04
I think it should! I know my welfare would be greatly enhanced by a regular supply of cake.

Munkey
WELL.......if we had been staying in a cottage (which at one point we nearly were), you might very well have had the chance of eating my cake. However, even I can't get an oven in my case.....soz....you'll just have to come to the Miller HAllett to try my cake....:D