PDA

View Full Version : fencing drawings

Muso440
-6th December 2003, 09:37
I need a nice, but fairly simple, drawing of people fencing to go on an advertising flyer.

Ideally of two people, and with a bit of 'movement' in it, ie. not just standing there en garde. Needs to be black and white (or maybe silhouette) so it will photocopy well.

Any ideas appreciated! Have looked a bit on the web but can't find anything yet.

srb
-6th December 2003, 10:03
Muso,

I have some black and white ink drawings of Rob Bruniges vs Nick Bell, and Rob vs Okazaki (I think from when Rob won the world championships).

PM me your details and I can arrange for copies to be sent to you.

srb

Muso440
-6th December 2003, 10:08
Great, I'll PM you, thanks.

Will they come out nicely on the photocopier?! I just can't imagine what they look like from your description.

Any more offers? The more I get to choose from the happier I'll be :)

srb
-6th December 2003, 10:16
They are single colour drawings taken from action photos, so they will photocopy very well. In typical Rob Bruniges style they are of him close quarter fencing. I also have one of a couple of epeeists as well, but I can't remember who they were though.

srb

James
-6th December 2003, 12:51
you could try just taking a photograph and applying some kind of effect to it. can look quite nice, although sometimes looks a bit tacky.ive got to go back to work in a couple of minutes, but ill muck about with one of my images and post it up sometime tonight.

James

Muso440
-6th December 2003, 15:58
Originally posted by srb
I also have one of a couple of epeeists as well, but I can't remember who they were though.

Ah well, I don't care about that ;)

It's only to try and impress some new people, they won't know if it's an epeeist or a whatever anyway.

Muso440
-6th December 2003, 15:59
Originally posted by James
you could try just taking a photograph and applying some kind of effect to it. can look quite nice, although sometimes looks a bit tacky.ive got to go back to work in a couple of minutes, but ill muck about with one of my images and post it up sometime tonight.

That would be fantastic. I don't have any photos myself, and certainly don't have the technical know-how to fiddle about with them. Whatever you can manage would be appreciated :)

James
-6th December 2003, 17:24
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p3a2070dbb9b9c31819a078ef2c343913/fa5e34a3.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p71956e794690a0f75dfc8863611da946/fa5e34ad.jpg

here are the two pics i posted up a while back. they have been posterized so that they only consist of three shades of grey. should prevent deterioration when photocopied. i can email you larger files if you need.

James

Muso440
-7th December 2003, 10:14
Originally posted by James
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p3a2070dbb9b9c31819a078ef2c343913/fa5e34a3.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/p71956e794690a0f75dfc8863611da946/fa5e34ad.jpg

here are the two pics i posted up a while back.

:( Doesn't work :(

For some reasons your links aren't showing up in that post up there, unless it's just me. They do show up when I hit 'quote', but then I've tried cutting and pasting them into a new browser window but nothing happens there either.

Poo.

Will PM you with my email address and maybe that will work!

doobarz
-7th December 2003, 18:43
I believe Jo Maynard is a bit of a budding artist - some of he rprints were being given as prizes at the Essex Open.

DrT
-8th December 2003, 11:46
don't you just hate people with talent?! :tongue:

Aoife
-9th December 2003, 20:12
Here's one I made for a group (called Escrime Ensemble... takcy, I know).

don't you just hate people with talent?!

Damn right! Jelousy is a terrible thing! :)

DrT
-10th December 2003, 08:40
Originally posted by Aoife
Here's one I made for a group (called Escrime Ensemble... takcy, I know).

Damn right! Jelousy is a terrible thing! :)

I may not have talent, but at least I can take part in logical and intellegent debate.
:moon: :moon: :moon:

Prometheus
-10th December 2003, 09:44
Damn right! Jelousy is a terrible thing!

logical and intellegent debate

I'm not jealous nor intelligent, but at least I can spell.......:moon: :rambo:

Dave Hillier
-10th December 2003, 10:29
Photoshop has filters which will turn a photo into a line drawing. These can some times look very good.

DrT
-10th December 2003, 12:19
perhaps I should use txt speak? then no1 wud fink i wuz ignrant

Or perhaps they would? ;)

Back on the subject, there seem to be a few threads on fencing art at the moment. Perhaps we could have a little competition for the aspiring artists/photographers? Short list the best ones, then post a poll?

Any takers?

Gav
-10th December 2003, 12:34
hmmm

This is interesting. If there's enough interest then why not? Barry - KingKennny over to you....

srb
-10th December 2003, 20:41
Hey wait for me to get back from college before you start.

srb (getting his rotring ready!)

srb
-15th December 2003, 09:42
Muso,

I tried the whole .jpg thing but I couldn't work out how to insert the pictures, so I've sent a series of 3 pictures in the post to you. Let me know what you think, and in the between time some one like James might be able to explain to a techno dinosaur like myself how he managed to post those photos.

srb

Aoife
-15th December 2003, 11:28
Photoshop has filters which will turn a photo into a line drawing

Yup, that's what mine is.

DrT
-15th December 2003, 11:46
That's a relief - I assumed you were one of these talented people! ;)

srb
-15th December 2003, 11:56
What's photoshop?

srb

Dave Hillier
-15th December 2003, 12:17
What's photoshop?

A piece of powerfull image manipulation software. Used to airbrush out embarassing people in photos, change the race of workers on Ford adverts and generally alter history.

It also contains some rather nice filters that can turn a photo into a line drawing, impressionist watercolour or almost any thing that you want.

Shigeru
-6th March 2019, 12:38
I think I find right thread here.
The part of my hobby is drawing. Drawing about historical and modern fencing. You can find my arts, sketches in Instagram by Shigerusky nickname. About me: 2y practice HEMA fencing (military saber), and now starting in sport fencing (epee).
I hope you enjoy.