PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham International

Robert
-8th December 2003, 09:13
I presume the 'international' in the title is just a name and has no official status (ie no FIE card or 800n kit required)?

Can anyone who has previously been confirm that.

Thanks

Robert

Prometheus
-8th December 2003, 09:15
Correct - has same status as other open competitions in the UK.

Robert
-8th December 2003, 09:28
Thanks.

While I'm looking at the calendar has anyone seen any entry forms for the Scottish Open, in particular which weapons are on Sunday (hmmm Cambridge Epee and Foil Saturday, quick dash up to Scotland?).

Robert

Prometheus
-8th December 2003, 09:32
The dash - will that be in your Lear Jet?

Gav
-8th December 2003, 09:40
For the Scottish Open - the Epee and Sabre should be on Sunday.

Entries should go to Scottish Fencing (well I hope so as I cannot locate an entry form).

Robert
-8th December 2003, 11:32
Originally posted by Prometheus
The dash - will that be in your Lear Jet?

It's only 5 hours or so by train, so it should be possible to travel up on Saturday night. Maybe not very sensible, but possible.

Robert

Rdb811
-8th December 2003, 12:57
Originally posted by Robert
I presume the 'international' in the title is just a name and has no official status (ie no FIE card or 800n kit required)?

Can anyone who has previously been confirm that.

Thanks

Robert

It used to be (before the War) at Leamington Spa and was part of a circuit of European spa towns.

pinkelephant
-8th December 2003, 13:11
It still does get non-British participants, and not just those antipodeans etc. domiciled here.

rpryer
-8th December 2003, 16:44
For example, the Kuwaiti men's sabre and foil teams have been over the last couple of years.

MrWizard
-8th December 2003, 21:39
Originally posted by Gav
For the Scottish Open - the Epee and Sabre should be on Sunday.

Entries should go to Scottish Fencing (well I hope so as I cannot locate an entry form).

See my post in the Scottish Open thread, according to the entry form Epee and Sabre are Saturday, foil on Sunday :)

Got an entry form with the September copy of the Point.

Jamie