PDA

View Full Version : Are Some Referees Currupt???

Barry Paul
-30th April 2003, 07:17
I have heard on the grape vine that a referee has been blackballed for cheating at a super A Grade. It is alleged that he had been paid to make sure somebody won a fight by a certain score. When the fight result was exactly as predicted the F.I.E. did nothing but decided never to use this referee again. Anybody know anything?
No names please.

Barry Paul
-1st May 2003, 15:34
please don't be shy, I wont tell anybody else. Someone must know something!!!!!!!!!!

haggis
-1st May 2003, 15:48
Barry

Foil? Men's or women's? Rumoured nationality? No one else seems to know anything or they are staying remarkably discreet. Tell us more of what you know (foil - Italian, for example) and maybe someone will dish the dirt (little guy with glasses being paid by the Germans, for example:grin: ).

Regards

Haggis

3 Card Trick
-2nd May 2003, 19:18
Barry,

Foil, epee or sabre, men's or women's, senior, junior or cadet?

You could at least narrow down the search field!

Barry Paul
-2nd May 2003, 21:14
My source 'Deep Throat' has indicated Asia, Super A Grade.

reposte
-22nd May 2003, 14:13
Corruptibility on basis of greed is I understand a no no, but how do you acknowledge political bias (doesn't like ussians/Germans/Hungarians/Jews) ?
How prevailing do you think it is?

nahouw
-23rd May 2003, 02:40
Originally posted by Barry Paul
My source 'Deep Throat' has indicated Asia, Super A Grade.

I wouldn't be so surprised if this referee in question was Asian.

And that the FIE blackballed him, I think that is good. They couldn't do anything whilst in the competition, but they apparently did take decisive action immediately afterwards.

I wouldn't even be surprised if this referee was the Asian gentleman that refereed me in one of the A grades. I had problems with him throughout my pool. I had him observed. In my last bout, after 3 touches in which he totally ignored right-of-way and gave touches to my opponent, I worked extremely hard to make all 1-light touches. I succeeded in getting 4 1-light touches, but on the last action, which was the same as the 4 previous, except for the fact that her remise also lit a light, he awarded the point to my opponent. Bout over.

If he is the referee in question that was blackballed, I am extremely happy. Good, honest refereeing is crucial; that fact that the FIE has blackballed a bad referee is good for all fencers.