PDA

View Full Version : SE region epee?

DrT
-10th December 2003, 08:35
does anyone know where I can get an entry form and details for this? I can't find a SE section web site and the Kent site was last updated in 2002!

clockity
-10th December 2003, 08:58
Contact details should be on the SE Schedule A5 pamphlet. The Club's coach and events officer should have details. Can't remember off-hand, and I can't remember where I put my schedule...:confused:

Rdb811
-10th December 2003, 12:52
http://www.scfu.homestead.com/files/Entry_Form/2003_2004/12Jan04_SE_Region_Epee_Details_Scan.doc

Didn't realize there was a SE Events schedule - I've always used teh Surrey 'Blue Book'.

The Little Un
-7th January 2004, 01:41
I do not know if anybody has entered for this competition but it is actually being held at the University of Kent, Sports Centre, Main Hall.

Hope to see some of you there.

Best wishes,
Judy

hokers
-7th January 2004, 08:50
Yeah I've got to enter this one quick as well as its this weekend. Closing date of 31st December was never going to be a good time for me :D

Got my title to defend in the sabre from last year. Wonder if the trophy has turned up now?

hokers

clockity
-7th January 2004, 14:04
Originally posted by hokers
Yeah I've got to enter this one quick as well as its this weekend. Closing date of 31st December was never going to be a good time for me

Hmm... Might be a tad bit too late for me to enter. I really should have found that pamphlet after I suggested looking the date up in it... :rolleyes:

Might still try and show up. Oops.

Rdb811
-7th January 2004, 16:53
Nice one - when I last checked the venue was Meopham - this is the first I've heard of the change of venue (which is correct).

Well that's Sunday off.

The Little Un
-7th January 2004, 20:32
Dear RDB,
I have entered the SE Regional and it is at the University of Kent. I should point out that i belong to the University pof Kent Fencing Club.

There are a few people still seeking entry, so I would hurry if anybody wants to get a late entry in.

I should also point ou that Peter Huggins is the University Of Kent's Mens Fencing Team.

Best wishes,
Judy

clockity
-7th January 2004, 22:38
Originally posted by The Little Un
I do not know if anybody has entered for this competition but it is actually being held at the University of Kent, Sports Centre, Main Hall.

Is this the Canterbury Campus (http://www.kent.ac.uk/sports/secondary/location.htm)?

Would I possibly manage to scrape in by phoning the afore mentioned Peter Huggins on the phone number listed on the Surrey County Fencing entry form scan?

Otherwise Aldershot seems to be the next competition for me to go for.

Exgeordielass
-7th January 2004, 22:47
Yeah I've got to enter this one quick as well as its this weekend. Closing date of 31st December was never going to be a good time for me :D

Got my title to defend in the sabre from last year. Wonder if the trophy has turned up now?

hokers

If you have got your entry in Hokers, we can still offer a lift.

Rdb811
-8th January 2004, 00:07
Originally posted by clockity
Is this the Canterbury Campus (http://www.kent.ac.uk/sports/secondary/location.htm)?

Would I possibly manage to scrape in by phoning the afore mentioned Peter Huggins on the phone number listed on the Surrey County Fencing entry form scan?

Otherwise Aldershot seems to be the next competition for me to go for.

Late entries aren't usually a problem for county / regional events.

The Little Un
-8th January 2004, 00:44
Dear Clockity,
Yes this is the Canterbury Campus and the sports hall is easy to find as well.

If you come in via Giles Lane from the Squash Club/St Edmonds School end, you take the first turning left and then the first turning left again and the psorts centre is straight in front of you. If you come via Gile Lane from the other end, you simply pass to left turning and take the first right turning after the car park entrance. Then first left and the Sports Centre is straight in front of you.

If you come in via University Road, you will come to a roundabout, take the first exitn then turn right, left after crossing and left again and the Sports centre is straight in front of you.

Best wishes,
Judy

hokers
-12th January 2004, 08:38
2nd AGAIN!

Bloody kids ;)

hokers

Exgeordielass
-12th January 2004, 09:04
2nd AGAIN!

Bloody kids ;)

hokers

Better luck next time!:grin:

The Little Un
-12th January 2004, 14:20
I have no worries about winning, so it does not wind me up.
I just love competing and doing my best and scoring good points. When I win fights I like to humble, I always tell my openents when they have fenced well. My sabre fight against Amy yesterday was probably the best fight I have even taken part in and at 15-14 I could just as well have lost it.

Best wishes,
Judy

Exgeordielass
-12th January 2004, 14:57
Originally posted by The Little Un
I have no worries about winning, so it does not wind me up.
I just love competing and doing my best and scoring good points. When I win fights I like to humble, I always tell my openents when they have fenced well. My sabre fight against Amy yesterday was probably the best fight I have even taken part in and at 15-14 I could just as well have lost it.

Best wishes,
Judy

Me, never having beaten anyone yet or even managed to fence on the box, I am defnitely in fencing for the competing and scoring any sort ouf point, even managing to hit anyone is some sort of minor miracle.

Hokers, with the Club Sabre next week, I think my son had better watch out :tongue:

Marcos
-12th January 2004, 15:05
Hokers is gunning for it Mrs S

he also said that Chris is in a great vein of form - bring him over to Ireland for the East of Ireland on 28th February!
perfect comp for him (and more fun than a trip to Bracknal!) and should gain him a good amount of UK ranking points

Am going over for Slough like last year - might see you then,
M

The Little Un
-12th January 2004, 16:38
Dear Marcos,
Hope to see you are Slough and Dublin.

Best wishes,
Judy
Ps; For all I know I could have fought every woman on this forum as everybody uses nicknames only.........

Exgeordielass
-13th January 2004, 10:47
Originally posted by Marcos
Hokers is gunning for it Mrs S

he also said that Chris is in a great vein of form - bring him over to Ireland for the East of Ireland on 28th February!
perfect comp for him (and more fun than a trip to Bracknal!) and should gain him a good amount of UK ranking points

Am going over for Slough like last year - might see you then,
M

Sounds cool, will suggest to other half. Unlikely to make the Slough though as Chris is at the BYC on the Sunday