PDA

View Full Version : Golubitsky-Pro

srb
-11th December 2003, 15:56
Has any body used the Golubitsky-Pro foil blades?

As I broke yet another BF blade at the H&W I need a new blade and wondered about trying a different type. So has any body used a Golubitsky-Pro blade, and what do people think of them?

I had a look at one at Bristol Club the other night and it seemed a really nice blade. However it was on a french grip that hadn't been set so I couldn't get a good feel for how it would actually be to use.

Can you fit german points on LP blades? I don't have a specific preference for points, just that I would like keep all my blades with the same kind of points to simplify re-wiring etc.

Come on Barry, give me your biased opinion, and try and reel me in - and if I came to the shop can I pick out a blade?

srb

Marcos
-11th December 2003, 16:13
not a clue, but the Duellist Maraging is just loverly
great balance, and a point that just loves to hit the target

foilerist
-11th December 2003, 20:15
Just got one at the hereford and worcester so not used it much. I would say that the point is a little bit flappy so would be handy for flicky hits etc. Seems to have an extended forte, good for beats and parries and such like.

gladiator
-11th December 2003, 21:17
I persuaded a friend of mine to buy one recently because they were so nice. Not being a foilist myself clearly I am not an expert but they seemed relly well balanced to me. The way the blade bends, sll the bend seems to be in the last bit of the blade as opposed to others who seem to bend all the way along. Surely this would help flick hits? I think that once trained it will bend very nicely for my left-handed foilist friend! I say buy one!

sparkymark567
-12th December 2003, 12:10
So it seems to be a bit like a BF then. Funny that.

sparkymark567
-12th December 2003, 12:17
O.K, that was a bit harsh. But, yeah it does seem to have a good balance. I won't be buying one myself, but only because I'm completely happy with the blades I'm already using.
The Golobitski does seem to be a gooden.

Barry Paul
-16th December 2003, 17:54
Can you fit german points on LP blades? I don't have a specific preference for points, just that I would like keep all my blades with the same kind of points to simplify re-wiring etc.

Come on Barry, give me your biased opinion, and try and reel me in - and if I came to the shop can I pick out a blade?

srb

Unfortunately German points do fit on our wonderful G Pro blades, Why don't you come and look through some (If we have any in stock, ring before coming and I will check) They might have our new improved GT point (even better than our old ones) For a small consideration will you test drive one of the new points for us?

I can throw in a factory visit including seeing the forge where the blades are made. Also I can show you some fantastic maraging epee blades.( see me on another thread about Epee blades.)
Hows the reeling coming??????

Oh I forgot, The G Pro are used by R Kruse and L Halsed do I need to say more? Barry Paul M.D. Leon Paul

Barry Paul
-16th December 2003, 18:09
Why can't you use proper names??? Barry Paul It's Foil Stupid.

Rdb811
-16th December 2003, 19:14
:confused:

I'm now completely lost.

Roger

kingkenny
-16th December 2003, 19:22
i am lost too but I have always been lost when it comes to Barrys quirky wit.

srb
-16th December 2003, 19:23
Originally posted by Barry Paul
Why don't you come and look through some (If we have any in stock, ring before coming and I will check) They might have our new improved GT point (even better than our old ones) For a small consideration will you test drive one of the new points for us?

I can throw in a factory visit including seeing the forge where the blades are made. Barry Paul M.D. Leon Paul

It all sounds great to me. I will give you a ring to arrange a convenient time. I would be very interested in testing the new GT points as well, and a visit to the forge would be fanatastic.

Cheers,

srb (proper name Steve)

srb
-9th January 2004, 18:39
Well,

I've had a factory tour, and I now have a nice a new shiny Golubitsky-Pro blade with a GT point. It's a bit stiffer than the BF blades I have been using, so it will be interesting to compare how they feel when fencing.

I'll have to see if I can get fit again before the Aldershot Open, after having 6 weeks off fencing due to college commitments .

srb