PDA

View Full Version : January 04 Results

Robert
-14th December 2003, 21:20
Since H&W was the last open of the year does anyone know how long it will be before the rankings lists are updated in the weapon. I'm supposed to add everyones end of season ranking to our website soon.

Robert

doobarz
-15th December 2003, 07:53
But the season doesn't end till August....

Hence NIF counts updated September and March.

srb
-15th December 2003, 09:36
doobarz,

Irrespective of the NIF, the Men's Foil Rankings (I assume the other weapons are as well) are usually updated every month. So far this year, the November rankings although updated haven't been uploaded onto the web page. Normally they are uploaded a few days into the next month, and I haven't met an active fencer yet who doesn't check their ranking on a month by month basis.

Robert,

The H&W result will not be reflected in the monthly rankings until early January. In which I will have jumped one whole position from the November Rankings! I have emailed Clive for you to ask him when the changes are likely to be made.

srb

doobarz
-15th December 2003, 09:51
Originally posted by srb
doobarz,

Irrespective of the NIF, the Men's Foil Rankings (I assume the other weapons are as well) are usually updated every month. So far this year, the November rankings although updated haven't been uploaded onto the web page. Normally they are uploaded a few days into the next month, and I haven't met an active fencer yet who doesn't check their ranking on a month by month basis.

Yes, this I know. However, Robert is talking about the end of the season which does not end until August (or after the Norfolk Open).

I assume Robert just wants a list of fencers in his club's end of year position, I was merely clarifying that it is not the end of the season.

Robert
-15th December 2003, 10:06
Originally posted by doobarz
Yes, this I know. However, Robert is talking about the end of the season which does not end until August (or after the Norfolk Open).

I assume Robert just wants a list of fencers in his club's end of year position, I was merely clarifying that it is not the end of the season.

Exactly right doobarz. I split the clubs results at Christmas for six month 'seasons', I'll try and think of a better word to use in future. And I was wondering if the results might be up early as H&W was the last open this year.

Robert

doobarz
-15th December 2003, 10:15
Originally posted by Robert
And I was wondering if the results might be up early as H&W was the last open this year.

Assuming that the volunteers who do the ranking lists have recieved the results, I don't think there are many international events in December that would delay it too much, but would have to check the international calender to be sure.

srb
-15th December 2003, 10:21
Robert,

I you really want I could email you the December 03 Rankings, and you could then work out a provisional January 04 Ranking from the results of the H&W. You just have to be a bit careful in who is also going up and down in the same month, and like doobarz says, check the international calender as well.

All seems a bit too much hard work to me, so you'll probably just have to wait with the rest of us. PM me your details if you want the spreadsheet.

srb

Rdb811
-15th December 2003, 15:38
Originally posted by Robert
Exactly right doobarz. I split the clubs results at Christmas for six month 'seasons', I'll try and think of a better word to use in future. And I was wondering if the results might be up early as H&W was the last open this year.

Robert

Bi-annual ?

termly

semester

srb
-16th December 2003, 09:08
Robert,

I would wait for the official rankings to be uploaded onto the website. I had worked mine out, and I have just found out that I was wrong. Fortunately in the right directions, I'm three places higher than I thought.

srb

Prometheus
-16th December 2003, 09:24
Originally posted by Rdb811
Bi-annual ?

termly

semester

Semi-annual :moon:

Robert
-16th December 2003, 14:53
Originally posted by srb
Robert,

I would wait for the official rankings to be uploaded onto the website. I had worked mine out, and I have just found out that I was wrong. Fortunately in the right directions, I'm three places higher than I thought.

srb

I will. Enthusiastic as I am I don't fancy trying to do calculations like that for everyone in the club (we have M Foil, M Epee and W Epee).

Robert

Marcos
-8th January 2004, 13:07
on a seperate point - if you go to a tournament and they don;t submit the results what can you do?

Several Irish fencers have been to 2 UK tournaments and the results have not gone in

now, I won one, and came 5th in another - the nif of both was probably 1 or 2 so no great shakes....but it's the principle...

Prometheus
-8th January 2004, 14:52
Originally posted by Marcos
on a seperate point - if you go to a tournament and they don;t submit the results what can you do?

Several Irish fencers have been to 2 UK tournaments and the results have not gone in

now, I won one, and came 5th in another - the nif of both was probably 1 or 2 so no great shakes....but it's the principle...

You should not rely on organisers posting to the Eire .

Can't you copy the link from the BritishFencing results to your points coordinator?

Marcos
-8th January 2004, 15:05
sorry, didn't make it clear - several irish fencers have UK rankings, so it would be UK comps not sending results to UK co-ordinators

Prometheus
-8th January 2004, 15:10
ah....nagging then is perhaps the only answer (see LPJS section of Forum for numerous examples :box1:)