PDA

View Full Version : Bucs 09-10

Nick_C
-15th August 2009, 05:09
The Bucs/busa fixtures are out for this season...

UH-Fencing
-15th August 2009, 14:59
Just checking, the new foil bib rules don't come into effect this coming season for BUCS do they?

madfencer
-15th August 2009, 15:05
No, that comes into effect in September 2010

Barely legal
-15th August 2009, 21:21
Are they not sticking with the BFA rules?

Have you got a link to the rules where it says that the bib is not in force until September 2010?

Thank you

riposteinprime
-15th August 2009, 21:49
Are they not sticking with the BFA rules?

Have you got a link to the rules where it says that the bib is not in force until September 2010?

Thank you

Wow that took about 10 seconds on google to realise they are sticking with the BFA rules.

http://www.britishfencing.com/Attachments/1818_to%20BFA%20web%20Foil_masks%20new%20rules%202 009.doc

Rob.Leicester
-15th August 2009, 21:50
Those are the BFA rules.

The timetable issued by the BFA states that BUCS will be accepting the bib rule for September 2010

Bayston
-18th August 2009, 18:11
Trying to think how many times we have had this discussion about BUCS and the bib... :p

Dave_leicesterU
-21st August 2009, 14:08
Far far too many

Almiz
-25th August 2009, 21:34
does anyone know the date for the BUCS individuals this year?

Swords Crossed
-25th August 2009, 22:08
does anyone know the date for the BUCS individuals this year?

Not sure that it's set yet. It probably won't be available until September/October at the earliest. I think mid-december is a safe bet though.

Bayston
-27th August 2009, 22:27
Really sorry to bring up the bib again but any idea about whether it will affect the Inds?

pinkelephant
-27th August 2009, 22:45
:itchskrat

It's not a British Senior, Junior or Cadet Championships. It's not an Open. It uses full size weapons. It's not a Junior or Cadet Selection Ranking event. It's therefore "all other competitions". It's therefore September 2010.

riposteinprime
-28th August 2009, 08:08
Really sorry to bring up the bib again but any idea about whether it will affect the Inds?

are you serious?

You have to be taking the piss.

Bayston
-28th August 2009, 21:40
are you serious?

Sadly I wasn't, sorry everyone I'm just a muppet who wasnt thinking straight as usual! :p

UglyBug
-7th September 2009, 13:25
4-6 Dec 09 in Nottingham

*has a quick lie down to recover from actually posting something useful...

miraberis
-7th September 2009, 13:49
Is that somewhere on the BUCS website, or are you just in the know?

UglyBug
-7th September 2009, 13:57
In the know - but I haven't looked on the website, so I don't know if it is on there

madfencer
-9th September 2009, 07:46
As of last week it didn't appear to be, but it's not the easiest site in the world to navigate!

miraberis
-9th September 2009, 09:38
It is definitely those dates, I've just received the Season's Information from my AU.

riposteinprime
-9th September 2009, 15:55
are you serious?

Your reputation on this post is Extremely Negative.
Comments on this Post
bit mean
Did that post really require the swearing?
taking the piss - uncalled for and unbecoming. My kids read this, i don't want them seeing that kind of talk. Nick McD

hahaha, seriously? The guy posted "Trying to think how many times we have had this discussion about BUCS and the bib... " a week beforehand. Get them to change the swear filter if you have a problem.

Nick_C
-9th September 2009, 16:20
How interesting.

Swords Crossed
-9th September 2009, 18:31
Is that somewhere on the BUCS website, or are you just in the know?

The information for the Individuals is now up

http://www.bucs.org.uk/sport.asp?section=883&sectionTitle=Fencing

Dave_leicesterU
-9th September 2009, 19:41
yay, hopefully no excuse for us to put our social on the night befor then! that was painfull last year......

Foilling Around
-9th September 2009, 21:33
So the BUCS individuals is on the same weekend as a JWC which is nominated by 5 out of the 6 weapons. Only Women's Foil is not involved that weekend and they have JWCs on the weekend either side. I for one will probably be advising daughter not to do the BUCS individuals this year as she will have three more years to contest that event and it is her last Junior year.

I forsee a poor turn out at the top end.

miraberis
-9th September 2009, 22:49
Sounds good to me, more chance for the rest of us. I'm guessing it'll still be a good competition even if a few top people don't turn up. Might even end up being more closely contended and more exciting to watch the finals.

Rob.Leicester
-9th September 2009, 23:16
yay, hopefully no excuse for us to put our social on the night befor then! that was painfull last year......

Mah bad.......

Swords Crossed
-10th September 2009, 12:47
So the BUCS individuals is on the same weekend as a JWC which is nominated by 5 out of the 6 weapons. Only Women's Foil is not involved that weekend and they have JWCs on the weekend either side. I for one will probably be advising daughter not to do the BUCS individuals this year as she will have three more years to contest that event and it is her last Junior year.

There are usually also quite a few high level Senior fencers who compete in the Individuals each year, who are no longer eligible for U20 events. I don't know who will be there this year, but I don't expect to see a huge drop in the standard of fencing. Every year there are some big names who don't show*, so a few missing this year won't be unusual. Anyway, as miraberis said, more chance for the rest of us older/more mediocre fencers :tongue:

*I seem to remember that on the foil day in my first year the whole Oxford Uni bunch was scratched when they had trouble with the minibus or something.

whitty
-12th September 2009, 20:56
Also, as I'm sure many of you are thrilled to hear it is on the same date as my birthday...again! :D So if you see a v drunk person from York out...buy me a drink! :D haha

KJK
-13th September 2009, 12:35
Originally Posted by Foilling Around View Post

twas always the case sadly. My son has yet to make it to the individuals - perhaps this year as he is now out of the Junior circuit. Even so the standard has always been very high.

UglyBug
-13th September 2009, 16:29

Lignano? Always has clashed

Swords Crossed
-13th September 2009, 18:42
Unfortunately for those international standard student fencers, the nature of BUCS makes it difficult to hold the event at any other time, as the nature of university study makes it difficult to hold it january-may (dissertations, coursework and exam revision), any later might interfere with the team championships, and it is difficult to do it earlier because it's difficult for selectors to properly assess who to put in their squad before november (also, it gives time to complete any aforesaid coursework before the common deadline period in december).

UWBF
-21st September 2009, 12:59
It is unfortunate that BUCS individuals fall on that weekend. However BUCS have to take into consideration their calender which is very full, as well as the fencing calender.

purple
-27th September 2009, 23:26

it's always this weekend, isn't it? Folks - just deal with it. The BUSA individuals are a time for good chinese, a few beers, watching team mates drunkenly pull other team mates and forgetting how to fence sabre on the Monday.

rugmike
-1st October 2009, 18:33

it's always this weekend, isn't it? Folks - just deal with it. The BUSA individuals are a time for good chinese, a few beers, watching team mates drunkenly pull other team mates and forgetting how to fence sabre on the Monday.

Heavens above - things like this surely do not happen at University, do they ?

'Twas never thus in my day.

Ah, .................................................

UglyBug
-1st October 2009, 20:33
Is OK - Rugmike Junior will be forgetting how to fence sabre on the SUNDAY, not Monday