PDA

View Full Version : Lokomotiva tournament - Zagreb

Tihon
-21st December 2003, 10:24
On the 7th of February we will be holding a tournament in Zagreb, organized by FC Lokomotiva. Many of you have seen the pictures of the hall on my web so you know it's a nice place to fence, an there are Arturo & Natsgrant to confirm it.

It is not an A-grade or FIE tournament. But if we make several good ones, perhaps in a few years we will be allowed to hold A-grades :grin:

The details about the tournament will be posted here shortly, as soon as we create the invitations & specs for the event. So now, go to Rynair (or whatever that cheap airline is called ) and book your flights. See you in Zagreb

cheers

Tihon

doobarz
-21st December 2003, 11:52
Before I book my flights, is it a 6W tournament?

Tihon
-22nd December 2003, 06:55
Doobarz,

I guess my fencing vocabulary isn't that big yet. What does 6W mean?

cheers

Tihon

natsgrant
-22nd December 2003, 08:53
Hey Tihon,

6W = 6 weapon. Arturo and I will be there if we are back from Glasgow in time.

Comp is only Epee.

I can testify the hall is a nice place to fence.

Alas for you, Mr. Doobarz, there is no sabre.

Tihon
-22nd December 2003, 13:25
Nats, thx for the quick fencing vocabulary lesson :grin:
Doobarz, sorry, nobody in Croatia does Sabre. Although a few of us would like to try it....

cheers

Tihon

PM1
-22nd December 2003, 23:38
Hi, Tihon. Would be really tempted to come EXCEPT that w/e is the British Youth Champs on the Saturday and Slough on the Sunday for epee, and the cadets need the Sunday comp for ranking points :( :( Another time.

Good luck!!:grin: :grin:

Tihon
-23rd December 2003, 05:32
PM1, too bad. But next time, you must come.

cheers

Tihon

anteanteportas
-13th January 2004, 05:45
yep...really...u should com ...at least at tournament in Split :)

Tihon
-18th January 2004, 12:13
The tournament date has been changed to 28th of February 2004. In case anybody from this board thought of participating.

cheers

Tihon

Arturo
-12th February 2004, 20:15
Hey Tihon,

Is the comp still on. What time is check-in?

Nats and I will probably be coming along, and we may be bringing a Scottish friend who is living in Bratislava as well.

How about a nice foil competition? I'm getting fed up with all this Epee!

natsgrant
-12th February 2004, 22:24
See you there guys!

Are the details posted yet?

Natsx

anteanteportas
-13th February 2004, 04:43
hey kids!
:)
still dont know whatsgonnab with that tournament 'cause organisator hasn't posted official invitation to anyone in Cro...
but for sure its gonna be held...one day...:rolleyes:...someday...anyday...saturday...o neday...hihihi

anteanteportas
-13th February 2004, 04:53
and about foil tournament...THE ONLY SENIOR TOURNAMENT IN FOIL IN CRO is usually by the end of march in Zagreb and is calle d Mazuranic memorial...remember...there is much more senior epeeists in Cro than senior foilists....and so there is 5 senior tournaments in epee and only 1 in foil...although there is an ocean of kids playing foil untill 13yrs of age...

Tihon
-23rd February 2004, 14:06
Yap, you all saw it coming. The tournament is postponed to early April. Sorry about that. Hope nobody bought plane tickets. Arturo & Nats, please PM me.

natsgrant
-24th February 2004, 10:21
Boo... :(

Nx

anteanteportas
-26th February 2004, 05:39
hey hey Nats... dont b so :dizzy: about that...next tournament in Zagreb is gonna b at March...thats m&w senior EPEE and FOIL tournament called MAZURANIC MEMORIAL...its gonna be held also in Dom Sportova (Hall of sports) although not in blue fencing hall but in big polivalent hall on (I presume) apprx 10 pists...untill then stay :) !!!

natsgrant
-26th February 2004, 09:24
Izvrsno. :) Kad je?

anteanteportas
-26th February 2004, 10:20
MAZURANIC MEMORIAL at EPEE and FOIL for M&W seniors....at Zagreb... on Sunday, MARCH 21st 2004. ...further details (official invitation) shall post it on this Forum as soon as arrives to me... see ya there ! :cool: