PDA

View Full Version : Kenny on Blue Peter

Aoife
-30th April 2003, 17:36
Anybody seen KingKenny on Blue Peter today? (L Halsteds was on too from what I could see). Did you get a Blue Peter badge then?

It was a good little piece, a good advert for fencing for the young viewers. Hopefully it'll get some people interested in it. In my opinion fencing works well on TV (but as a fencer it's undoubtadly a more enjoyable watch than to a non-fencer).

What did everyone else think of it?

bufc99
-30th April 2003, 18:06
Unfortuantly I missed it. Was it any good?

Boo Boo
-30th April 2003, 18:08
Good piece of publicity :-)

Well done KingKenny, Laurence and Richard - brave people :)

Boo
(thinks that the "haircut fairy" has visited recently too :grin: )

Aoife
-30th April 2003, 18:27
Unfortuantly I missed it. Was it any good?

It was good. Nothing that a fencer wouldn't know (hopefully) but a short, pleasent introduction to fencing which will hopefully spur more interest. (and two of the presenters had a bit of a go as well, Simon and the new one- I know she's been there for ages, but I don't happen to watch regularly :) )

Muso440
-30th April 2003, 18:28
Originally posted by Aoife
two of the presenters had a bit of a go as well

And were they any good?

(Didn't see it myself.)

Aoife
-30th April 2003, 18:55
They were okay. They'd obviously had some practise in rehersals... would have been more amusing to just stick swords in their hands for the first time on live TV... :)

Mischa
-30th April 2003, 19:08
No, they were rubbish!

Aoife
-1st May 2003, 07:40
They weren't rubbish considering they're not fencers. They were a bit awkard looking, but then, what beginning fencers aren't?

kingkenny
-1st May 2003, 07:45
At last my face on the silver screen.:)
I thought they did alright they looked like they were having fun and thatís the main thing.
The other fencer was Richard Kruse.

Aoife
-1st May 2003, 07:51
At last my face on the silver screen.

And what a nice face it is too. :)

Well done!!!