PDA

View Full Version : Puzzled (Crawley) about temporary bans.

Bokkie
-18th October 2009, 10:56
Kingkenny,

I was a bit puzzled about the banning order you've used on B Paul (LP?) and C Howser (BladesBrand?) - apologies if I'm wrong. I don't know either of those chaps although I know of them. I'm not a regular forum poster by any means but I can say that any commercial punts or other banter between them and others is actually quite helpful, to me at least. I don't have a specific brand loyalty but I've never found anything they've written to be confrontational or openly controversial. To be truthful, I've learned a lot about their equipment from forum users who have a different perspective of use at the coalface to that of those in the machine or sewing room. Of course, I maybe missing some threads that have initiated your action so again, my apologies if I'm not seeing the wider perspective.

What I have noticed (at the time I wrote this) is that you have a link to LP in your signature and the forum is "Sponsored by Leon Paul". Whether the latter translates into financial support for hosting the forum I don't know. If it does then does that not effectively bite the hands that feeds? If that's not the case then does your signature then not openly endorse the products of a specific manufacturer?

I have no axe to grind either way but I see some potential contradictions that make me wonder what's really going on.:)

Baldric
-18th October 2009, 11:25
Kingkenny,

I was a bit puzzled about the banning order you've used on B Paul (LP?) and C Howser (BladesBrand?) - apologies if I'm wrong. I don't know either of those chaps although I know of them. I'm not a regular forum poster by any means but I can say that any commercial punts or other banter between them and others is actually quite helpful, to me at least. I don't have a specific brand loyalty but I've never found anything they've written to be confrontational or openly controversial. To be truthful, I've learned a lot about their equipment from forum users who have a different perspective of use at the coalface to that of those in the machine or sewing room. Of course, I maybe missing some threads that have initiated your action so again, my apologies if I'm not seeing the wider perspective.

What I have noticed (at the time I wrote this) is that you have a link to LP in your signature and the forum is "Sponsored by Leon Paul". Whether the latter translates into financial support for hosting the forum I don't know. If it does then does that not effectively bite the hands that feeds? If that's not the case then does your signature then not openly endorse the products of a specific manufacturer?

I have no axe to grind either way but I see some potential contradictions that make me wonder what's really going on.:)

Hi Bokkie.

Leon Paul set up the forum, they own it and pay all the bills. Two of the three moderators are members of the Paul family - no secrets there.

The fact that this is not more obvious speaks well of the low profile that LP take as a commercial entity on the forum.

I think the ban is a bit tongue in cheek - KK has banned his dad and Chris just to stop them scoring cheap points off each other.

And of course, he is the most evil moderator in history! ;)

Bokkie
-18th October 2009, 11:37
Thanks Baldric. That's much clearer now.

Could I propose then that KK is banned and then me. There's nothing like a bit of detention to sort things out!:D