PDA

View Full Version : Moneteau U15, 18th January

Neil Brown
-3rd January 2004, 18:36
Final details for this trip are below. You can also see this information from my web page, www.fencingcoach.net under Moneteau Invitation on the U17 information page.

Prof. Neil M Brown
f 0870 124 7922
e neil@fencingcoach.net m 07813 693947

Peter Rome
e peter@prome.freeserve.co.uk m 07867 517673

Dear Fencer 4th January 04

This letter contains the final details for Moneteau 18th January 04.

We will be travelling out by coach on Saturday 17th January, please meet at one of the following places & times:-
Taunton (Hankridge Farm Sainsbury’s car park) 5:30am
Gordano Services (M5 J19) 6:30am
Chievley Services (M4 J13) 8:00am
Clacket Lane Services (M25) 9:45am
Dover 11:15am
We are catching the 12:15 ferry from Dover.

Please let Peter Rome know, preferably by email, where you are meeting. The coach will be supplied by Bakers Dolphin.

We will be returning on Monday 19th January on the 16:15 ferry from Calais. This will give us some time to go shopping in Calais on the Monday.

Please make sure you are being met at one of the above points at the following approx times:-
Dover 16:30pm
Clacket Lane Services (M25) 18:15pm
Chievley Services (M4 J13) 20:15pm
Gordano Services (M5 J19) 21:30pm
Taunton (Sainsbury’s car park) 22:30pm

Please note these times are approximate & whoever is picking you up must not be late. There is also a chance of catching an earlier ferry, you must be prepared to be met earlier than the above times.

You will need to bring:

Your passport
Your British Fencing or equivalent licence (you must be a junior member to fence in International events)
Money for food on the journey (your 2 evening meals & food at the competition are included in the price you have already paid for the weekend.)
An E111 medical form
An alarm clock
Your fencing kit: You do not need FIE kit for this event & you can use a size 5 sabre blade. You must have a 350N or 800N under-plastron & your electric kit must be in good condition.

We are staying at the Hotel Campanile in Moneteau on the Saturday night & the Hotel Ibis in Evry (just south of Paris) on the Sunday night.)

Hotel Campanile
Rue d’Athenes
89470 Moneteau
Tel: 03 86 40 71 11
Fax: 03 86 40 50 74

Hotel Ibis
1, Avenue du lac
Parc Tertiaire du Bois Briard
Courcouronnes
EVRY
Tel : (+33)1/60777475
Fax : (+33)1/60780603

The list of fencers, officials, & parents who are travelling is with this letter. Emma Hynes is the female official, please can all the girls get her mobile phone number when you see her on the coach

Hotel & evening meals.

Several of you (fencers & parents) are travelling separately from the main group. If I am booking accommodation for you, you will need to send me a cheque for the correct amount BEFORE we travel. Cheques must be payable to “Cadet Sabre”.

The costs per person will be as follows:-

Saturday night & evening meal & all food & drink at the venue £45
Sunday night & evening meal £40

You can work out how much you will need to pay from the room allocations at the end of this letter. Please let me know (preferably by email) if you’re still not sure. Remember there will be a charge of £25 for each fencer which some of will need to include in the payment for hotels as above.

Please check the attached list of hotel room allocation, if you’re not happy with any of it tell me before we travel so I can make changes. The principle is all fencers & adults travelling independently have rooms allocated. If you arrive before the coach you must share according to the plan to avoid any confusion. The 15 boys will be in twin & 1 triple rooms.

The competition is at:-
Gymnase Municipal
7, Route d’Auxerre
89470 MONETEAU
Tel/fax: 03 86 40 67 75

Final Check-in times are as follows:-
MS 9:00
WS 10:15
British fencers travelling independently please arrive an hour before check-in or arrange with Peter to meet at the Campanile.

Individual fencers do not need to check in, Peter will do all the admin but will need your licence.

Please remember you have signed a code of conduct governing your behaviour over the whole weekend. Please reread it if you have forgotten what you have signed. If you have lost it please let me know & I’ll let you have another one.

There will be a fairly large group of fencers, parents, & officials at this event. To keep all under control it is vital Peter knows where everyone is at all times, please do not leave the venue at any time without telling him (this applies to adults as well as fencers.)

There should be fencers or adults supporting at the side of the piste whenever a British fencer is on. This means if you are not fencing you should be looking for other British fencers to support, you are travelling as part of the British squad so we expect this from all fencers & accompanying adults.

If you are an adult accompanying this trip remember you are there for the benefit of the fencers. If you are not sure what to do ask Peter or your child’s coach. I have attached a guide for parents & fencers I have been working on, please read it all carefully. Make sure you understand the implications & the rules of a possible dope control (this applies to any major fencing event).

The officials in charge of the trip (Peter Rome, Emma Hynes, Tom Olphin, & Bernadette Toth) are there for you, the fencer’s, benefit - if you want help/advice/support you must not be afraid to ask.

When you are at competitions in the UK you should read the Sabre Club noticeboards every time. If the ranking list has a blank in the “Have I got your address” column write your address in the space provided. Similarly if I have not got your date of birth or it is not correct.

Contact me, preferably by email, if you have any questions.
Neil Brown

Monéteau 2003
The following fencers are going to Moneteau U15

Travel Pick Up Hotel Saturday Hotel Sunday
DRIVER DRIVER
VICKERY Owen Taunton
LEWIS Nat Taunton VICKERY Owen VICKERY Owen
ROWLEY Jake Taunton LEWIS Nat LEWIS Nat
CRANE Max CRANE Max CRANE Max
DOUTHWAITE Adam DOUTHWAITE Adam DOUTHWAITE Adam
ROWE-DAVIES Richard ROWE-DAVIES Richard ROWE-DAVIES Richard
CHIVERS Matthew CHIVERS Matthew CHIVERS Matthew
THONG Alasdair ROWLEY Jake ROWLEY Jake
CRANE Toby THONG Alasdair THONG Alasdair
ANDERSON Alex CRANE Toby CRANE Toby
MOTTERSHEAD Thomas ANDERSON Alex ANDERSON Alex
FOWLES Matthew MOTTERSHEAD Thomas MOTTERSHEAD Thomas
BARNES Simon FOWLES Matthew FOWLES Matthew
DENNIS Tim BARNES Simon BARNES Simon
DAVIES-GILBERT Max DENNIS Tim DENNIS Tim
CREECHAN Louise DAVIES-GILBERT Max DAVIES-GILBERT Max
CARSON Rebecca
FITZHARRIS Isobel CREECHAN Louise CREECHAN Louise
ROME Peter CARSON Rebecca CARSON Rebecca
HYNES Emma
TOTH Bernadette WILLIAMS Sophie FITZHARRIS Isobel
OLPHIN Tom LLOYD Sarah FITZPATRICK Paul
FITZPATRICK Paul
WILLIAMS Jon Own trav FITZHARRIS Isobel ROME Peter
LLOYD John Own trav FITZPATRICK Paul OLPHIN Tom
KERR Dominic Own trav
MALLOY Robbie Own trav ROME Peter HYNES Emma
SWANN Harry Own trav OLPHIN Tom TOTH Bernadette
GREATOREX Frederica Own trav
KERR Felicity Own trav HYNES Emma
WILLIAMS Sophie Own trav TOTH Bernadette
LLOYD Sarah Own trav
ROBB Francine Own trav WILLIAMS Jon
NAVEIN Patrick Own trav LLOYD John

uk_45
-11th January 2004, 20:38
Hi i think the comp must be drawing to a end now could you please post the reults on the forum please for those of us either to lazy or stupid to look else where!! Thank You