PDA

View Full Version : South-East Regionals

UglyBug
-12th January 2004, 08:39
What were the results in the Women's Sabre? (and the other weapons)?

Exgeordielass
-12th January 2004, 09:01
No idea on the women's sabre, was the one weapon I knew no-one fencing in, so didn't even get to watch any of it.

Christopher Schofield of Guildford won the men's, with his team-mate, Steve Pope being runner up.
Jim Hamilton of Wimbledon was one of the semi-finalists.

Brian of Wimbledon (sorry don't know surname) won the men's epee, with Tim Buzwell of Wimbledon being runner up. Tim Schofield of Guildford was a semi-finalist. Elayne Ball won the Ladies Epee.

Disappointing turnout, only 11 in the men's sabre and 28 in the men's foil. Don't know the numbers for the ladies events. The hall at Canterbury was a much better venue last year. The event was well run and we were last out of the hall before 6 p.m.

Rdb811
-12th January 2004, 22:57
Well done to Chris.

Brian Harkness, who is mainly a foilist. (I've never seen Brian Risely. I don't think tim will be too chuffed.

Sounds like the usual suspects from any Surrey events. I'll try and get some transport for next year.

I'll try and bash out a quick press release.

Rdb811
-12th January 2004, 23:28
Originally posted by Rdb811
Well done to Chris.

Brian Harkness, who is mainly a foilist. (I've never seen Brian Risely. I don't think tim will be too chuffed.

Sounds like the usual suspects from any Surrey events. I'll try and get some transport for next year.

I'll try and bash out a quick press release.

I've never seen Brian Risely fence epee was what I meant to say.

The Little Un
-13th January 2004, 02:03
Dear Ex-Geordie Lass,
Did I fight you on Sunday?

Best wishes,
Judy

Exgeordielass
-13th January 2004, 10:36
Originally posted by The Little Un
Dear Ex-Geordie Lass,
Did I fight you on Sunday?

Best wishes,
Judy

No, Judy, I've only just started fencing at our Club (started last September). I was merely a supporter on Sunday, there with my husband and son.

Haven't got past fencing basic foil yet but I'm enjoying every minute. :party: :rambo: :cool:

Rdb811
-13th January 2004, 12:52
If there any photos available, could you e-mail them to me (by about five today), with caption. - tehy need to be <100k jpegs and have the fencers looking compos mentis and all facing in the same direction - or if fencing, not in front of an audience of one man and a dog in effect against a wall).

Roger

hokers
-13th January 2004, 13:36
Yeah...might be a slight issue with photos....not sure Guildford will have any now.
The only ones I took were of people fencing, and only a few of them.

Exgeordielass
-13th January 2004, 15:27
Originally posted by hokers
Yeah...might be a slight issue with photos....not sure Guildford will have any now.
The only ones I took were of people fencing, and only a few of them.

No photos available from Guildford due to bizarre accident with car and camera on Sunday night - don't ask!:upset: :upset: :upset:

Rdb811
-13th January 2004, 17:14
Oh - we'll have to see what happens - I sent something to Surrey Ad / Wandsworth Borough News (which is teh same as the Wimbledon freebie).

Another point on photo's - make sure the background is uniform so there aren't door handles growing out of peoples heads or signs saying "Bog Cleaning Rota".

kitten
-14th January 2004, 00:08
What did happen to the camera exgeordielass??? Is it okay?
<worried>
Pity if we don't have photos, pics of dad and kit together would have been fab!

The Little Un
-14th January 2004, 11:44
I am very happy now that I have got my accomodation booked for the 7th, even if there are only double rooms available. See you all on the 7th.

I shall be fighting in the Sabre and Epee.

Best wishes,
Judy

UglyBug
-14th January 2004, 17:32
All due respect, Little Un, but what has your accommodation on 7th got to do with the SE Regional results?? Did we ever find out who won the WS?

Exgeordielass
-14th January 2004, 18:25
Originally posted by kitten
What did happen to the camera exgeordielass??? Is it okay?
<worried>
Pity if we don't have photos, pics of dad and kit together would have been fab!

Don't think there ever were pictures of Dad and Chris together. There were some pictures of the Guildford and Wimbledon fencers in the latter stages of the competition and some of the winners afterwards.

Camera has now arrived home but I daren't open the box, it had a rather terminal accident after the competition and it definitely isn't okay.

Hopefully we can save the pictures though!