PDA

View Full Version : Dundee Duel 2010

LifeBeginsAt58
-27th February 2010, 21:59
With 75 participants, many spectators (of whom I was one), superb organisation, great venue, loads of free parking and wholesome and affordable catering ( e.g. A wide choice of Toasties with free paper plate and tissue @ 1 GBP each. I limited myself to just the three!) today's Dundee Duel was a fantastic success!
Congratulations to Richard and team for making all of this happen. Well done to those who made the annual trek from Hamburg to inspire us with their enthusiasm, skill, sportsmanship and fabulous sense of humour. I just hope that they can retain the same spirit when they get charged, excess baggage on the flight back, for all the silverware they won! Grrr:)
They didn't have it all their own way though thanks to DUFC and Miss B!
Nice one Christie. I'd like to think that your team members will keep that bottle of wine intact until you can legally drink it.
They will. Won't they?

Not quite a Vet
-28th February 2010, 11:50
The event as always was a fantastic day, the new venue was a perfect size for the competition. Couldn't agree more well done Richard and team for a super time, even though my body is slightly regreting that this is the only time of year that my breeches are dusted off for a bit of friendly competitive fencing. Mind you think I beat the daughter this year, will wait to see results. Again congratulations.

Grumpy Old Fencer
-28th February 2010, 19:15
For a massivly enjoyable day from Christie and the rest of the "Mobile Epee Assault Team" aka the MEAT. They were delighted with their result and very much enjoyed them selves at what was reported to be a well run competition with a great atmosphere.

A quick reassurance that the wine returned in one peice but I suspect that her mum may change that soon!

United Parcel Service
-2nd March 2010, 08:44
Hello,

on behalf of probably all Hamburg fencers: THANK YOU, RICHARD!!! Super organisation, and a big THANK YOU to all those helping hands, catering was as superb as anything else that day. I can't imagine what would have happened if we had our own weapons that day... >:->

See you all next year!
Marcus

P.S.: Team winner's chocolate was nice but little... ;-)

dferg
-2nd March 2010, 19:16
Really enjoyable day, well done Richard & Co. Only hitch was we got so carried away we forgot to take any photos for the club website. So, if anyone got any pics featuring any of the members of After The Fleche (the Dingwall team), please PM me!

David

wannabe_foilist
-4th March 2010, 13:16
Thank you to everyone for your kind messages. I have to say that much of the smoothness of the day way due to Niall and his programming skills.

I'm glad you enjoyed the day, and hope to see you all again next year!

Richard