PDA

View Full Version : Fencing on MTV last night

smarties
-9th April 2010, 21:17
although not my usual t.v but watching MTV last night and caught a few clips of fencing - did anybody else see this?? - the prog was for 3 hours and a different fencing clip was shown every 1/2 hour for a few minutes. I only caught the last 2 clips. Anyone with any further info???

grizz
-11th April 2010, 11:19
Hi, Smarties.

This was a bit of fun we had with the guys from MTV last week, we only had about Min's to try and teach them a bit about fencing. I was pleased that they really tried to do their best and fence as well as they could and still keep it fun. We had a good time doing it, here is a link, take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOZTZ6mTLvc&feature=email

Thanks to Sandra, Alex and Emily for all their help.

Jed

Hoboneer
-12th April 2010, 09:53
Brilliant! I listen to Ricky and Melvin on Kiss fm, seeing them do this is quality! Really good to watch :)

Gav
-12th April 2010, 10:50
Who are the idiots on the couch right near the start? What a bunch of tw*ts.

Oh, and I forgot to say that I laughed at the guy being thrashed by the wee girl foilist.

hokers
-12th April 2010, 11:14
Who are the idiots on the couch right near the start? What a bunch of tw*ts.

Yeah yeah, don't pretend you haven't got their album and posters up...

Good clip - looks like they enjoyed themselves and I guess that's the idea really.

I like Ricky/Melvin/Charlie on the radio as well - anyone better than Scott bloody Mills.

Gav
-12th April 2010, 13:34
Yeah yeah, don't pretend you haven't got their album and posters up...

Well I looked them up and I stand by my previous statement.

smarties
-12th April 2010, 19:18
Thanks for the link - I enjoyed it even more now I have seen the whole thing! - its great to see the guys really enjoying the sport and from the sounds of it they also learnt something about it too.

Well done on being on prime time TV (4.00 - 7.00pm) especially during the hols when lots of kids will be watching. Lets hope we get a few more recruits/interest at clubs from this.

Like your club by the way - huge space or is that just a trick or two of the camera?

Thanks again for the info at least I know I was not going mad!!

Captchris
-16th April 2010, 19:32
I like the pink and orange head bands. They're great! lol

grizz
-26th April 2010, 16:08
Hi, Smarties.

No, it's not a trick of the cameras, our venue is quite big. I don't know where your based but why don't you come down and check it out? We always welcome guest fencers, anybody is always entitled to a free first session. If you, or anybody else is interested PM me for details.

Jed