PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Negrini bayonets

TUSaber
-17th January 2004, 19:16
Hello everyone,
I've recently switched to the Negrini Italian style body cords and sockets, but there seems to be a problem with them not grounding properly. I've fooled around with them, and I'm pretty sure the contacts on the cord aren't properly touching the contacts on the inside of the socket. I'm fairly sure this is the case because placing aluminum foil inside the socket increased the surface area and fixed the problem. This is too much of a tempory fix for my taste, though. Is there anyway to adjust the body cord so it's contacts come down further? There is a screw eye on the tip of the body cord, but turning it does nothing to either extend the length or to retract it. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

stevejackson
-20th January 2004, 21:17
Since no-one else seems willing to give advice to you, I'll offer a couple of suggestions. Since this is a UK based site and Negrini bayonets are almost as rare as hens teeth here you're not likely to find some whos really familiar with them. I've only seem them at A grade competitions in the hands of the Italians and never had to work on one.

However I can make 2 suggestions that may help. Negrini have a UK agent and there's a link to his web site on the BFA site under equipment suppliers. He may be able to help.

Alternatively try asking the question on an American site - their armourers see a wider range of kit than we do in the UK so someone there may be able to help you.

Good luck

TUSaber
-20th January 2004, 23:20
Thanks, I'll take a look.