PDA

View Full Version : Hamlet reworked...

Tarmac
-25th January 2004, 21:28
boredom.... ok so it doesn't really scan (at all) and just decends into a moan about other sportshall users but hey... what the hell!
here's my reworking of that famous shakespearian drone :)

To fence, or not to fence, that is the question:
Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer the welts and bruises of fighting sabre;
Or to take arms against a bunch of middle aged epeeists, and by opposing, beat them to a pulp: to preside, to sleep no more: and by a sleep, to say we end the arm ache, and the thousand sore bits all up and down ones arm; tis a consummation devoutly to be wish’d. To drink to sleep, to pass out; perchance to dream; aye there’s the rub, for in that sleep of drink, what dreams may come, when we have shuffled off the piste, must give us pause – just in case we vomit and have a strange desire for a kebab,
There’s the respect that makes calamity of so long a life without fencing:
For who would bear the whips and scorns of certain coaches,
The FIEs wrong, the proud man’s arse being kicked,
The pangs of one hit tournaments, and boxes delay on doubles.
The insolence of young epeeists, and the spurns that other users of the sportshall issue,
When they themselves make too much bl**dy noise themselves with a bare bodkin?
Who would grunt and sweat under a weary sport –
But that the dread of something much more fun than badminton, the undiscovered country, from no squash player returns, puzzles the will, and makes us jolly glad we’re having more fun than those boring s*ds over that side of the hall..
Thus fencing makes cowards of them all,
And thus the racquet players hue of resolution
Is sicklied o’er with talk of their new car or trophy wife,
Whilst fleches, lunges and takings of the blade of great pitch and moment,
Are lost behind the netted screen,
With this regard their toupes turn away
And they lose the name of action…

PM1
-25th January 2004, 22:28
lol and big :) :) :) :grin:

That's another t shirt, then..........:confused:

Tarmac
-25th January 2004, 22:34
and i was just thinking of getting a real job... maybe i should go into production in a serious way!!
hang on... you've read my posts - don't think serious could ever enter into it.:tongue:

PM1
-25th January 2004, 22:38
.... a day job MIGHT be a sound idea.......!!

Tarmac
-25th January 2004, 22:43
but i'm an artist !!!:tongue:

not. i love my job... nothing wrong with stepping in giraffe/rhino/peacock/tiger poo all day... if you lack a sense of smell that is...:grin:

PM1
-25th January 2004, 22:57
...someone gotta do it.......anyway, the Muse helps take the mind off it all...:grin: