PDA

View Full Version : New Youth League Launched

Tubby
-29th January 2004, 17:53
Yorkshire Fencing has teamed up with the Yorkshire Post to launch a new youth league. The Yorkshire Post Sporting Chance Youth League kicks off at Harrogate on Sunday 15 February and is open to fencers resident or regular fencer in the Yorkshire region.

The Yorkshire Fencing committee was able to secure sponsorship through Yorkshire Post's Sporting Chance campaign which is a collaboration between Yorkshire Post and Yorkshire Bank.

The league is based around age groups U10, U12, U14 and U16. U10 is mixed foil. U12 M&W Foil. U14 and U16 M&W 3 weapon. There will be three tournaments with fencers scoring points based on their finishing position at a tournament.

Leon Paul will be providing a stand.

Entry forms can be obtained from the Yorkshire Fencing website www.yorkshirefencing.org.uk (and would have been on here if I was able to attach it) otherwise PM me with you email address.

PM1
-9th February 2004, 19:35
And the second tournament is going to be in Hull when I can get school to comit to the date I want....grrrrr!

hayleyjade
-10th February 2004, 18:32
Cool!

i'm in the league, dont quite understand it, three rounds? wheres the other one going to be held? and when?

I take it you will be there on sunday? or not?

See ya then (maybe)

Hayley

hayleyjade
-10th February 2004, 18:34
o- just found the page! i am dense!

PM1
-10th February 2004, 18:45
Yes, I'll be there Sunday. Hopefully the third will be in Sheffield.

Spread the word and get the entries in!!! we want good publicity!!

Hull one likely to be March 20th or May 15th - info on Sunday, I hope.

hayleyjade
-10th February 2004, 18:49
Cool! yey i'll listen out on sunday!

i have just realised something though, do i have to enter all three comps, and if so, after 23rd march im no longer going to be U16! could i still compete?

O well, it is my first comp, i'll see how i get on!

PM1
-10th February 2004, 18:55
No, you don't HAVE to enter all 3 weapons, and the age cut off will be on the rules form - can't remember at the moment, but you'll be okay for this year, I think.

Come and have a chat - look forward to meeting you !!:grin:

hayleyjade
-10th February 2004, 18:57
we'll see! thats ok then!

yes ill look out for you, quite who and what you look like i have no idea! but look out for me, im the spotty teen!

PM1
-10th February 2004, 21:25
....you and how many others.......I'm the white haired obese old lady......:o