PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone else like me???

PM1
-3rd May 2003, 14:43
Greetings!! Actually, I KNOW ther's no one else quite like me out there (Praise be), but I wonder how many other non fencing parents are subscribing. My son is rising 15, an epeeist mostly, and we seem to spend a lot of time in cars/trains/cold/hot sports halls. I could write a book about LPJS venues, catering(what?), and heaven knows what else. It would be good to share some thoughts, good or bad, and have a bit of fun. My work deals with children and rotten parents, so meeting up here/comps with some committed parents ( as well as barking fencers - you're as bad as rugby players!!!!!) would be a breath of fresh air - aaaahhhhh!!!And when we meet at comps it's :party: time - yes??
Next one Harrogate.....

pinkelephant
-3rd May 2003, 16:20
Not quite like you - I'm a fencing parent - but we nearly share a birthday. The best thing about dealing with kids and stroppy parents while fencing (as opposed to while teaching) is that there's NO DAM' MARKING......AAAAARGH!!!:dizzy:

Barry Paul
-3rd May 2003, 17:36
Why don't you get some threads going on the lpjs section. Suggest sharing travel/meeeting at the same hotel. use the forum as a means of comunication between parents acting as drivers and traveling wallets. barry

PM1
-4th May 2003, 23:20
Thanks, Pinkelephant and Barry. Will do as you suggest re thingys for meet ups and shares. Shares really do work, as we have a 2some already and about to form a 3some, but if I can borrow schools minibus it might just be possible to pick some others up on the way, if you see what I mean.........The more the merrier:mexwave:

pinkelephant
-5th May 2003, 10:09
Twosomes, threesomes & pickups - sounds dodgy to me.:o

PM1
-5th May 2003, 21:59
...and i'm the one who knows how to get away with it legally....yee hee:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: