PDA

View Full Version : Notts and Derby Team Foil

rpryer
-31st January 2004, 11:22
It's a few years since the last county team foil competition, but Chilwell Blades will host the tournament this year.

Date: Sunday 25 April

Place: Chilwell Olympia Sports Centre, Nottingham (map) (http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=europe&=&overviewmap=ap&Submit=F ind&addr1=&client=europe&addr2=&addr3=&pc=NG95HR&d b=pc&cname=United+Kingdom&quicksearch=NG9+5HR&coor dsys=gb)

Format: Depends on number of teams, but probably poules followed by top 4 knockout

Teams: Male, female or mixed teams of 3 (reserves optional)

Eligibility:
Teams: From an affiliated Notts and Derby Club
Fencers: As this is an adult competition, fencers must have been 13 or over on 1 January 2004

Cost: 18 per team

Initially, each club may enter up to 2 teams, but there may be space for more nearer the time.

Please PM me for me details, or an entry form.

Robert

Captain, Chilwell Blades

MiddleEarthNet
-23rd February 2004, 17:32
I'm interested.

Chris Morgan
-23rd February 2004, 21:02
Rob sam said the epeeists may make up a team so i might come along if theirs no other comps going on

rpryer
-25th April 2004, 20:11
The results of the competition were:

1. Nottingham Cavaliers A
2. Arnold and Carlton A
3. Chilwell Blades A
Cavaliers B
4. Nottingham City A
5. University of Nottingham A
6. Sherwood Cadets A
7. Cavaliers C
8. A&C B
9. A&C C
10. Sherwood B
11. Cavaliers E
12. City B
13. Cavaliers D
14. A&C D
15. University B
16. Chilwell B

The best individual performance was 21 wins from 22 fights by Chris Forbes of A&C A.

Danny_Boy
-26th April 2004, 16:05
When do we get to see all the pics that were taken, Rob?

-

Danny Boy: Nottingham Cavaliers A Team: Notts & Derby Team Champions. Result.

rpryer
-26th April 2004, 19:43
There were three photographers:

Evening Post When the Evening Post came to the Inter-County a couple of years ago, the pictures were in the paper on the Wednesday evening, but it might be worth checking tomorrow.

Beeston Express This is a freebie delivered around Beeston and Chilwell. I think the next one if this Friday - we might just make the deadline. Otherwise two weeks. I will get a few extra copies to pass around.

Mayor of Broxtowe The third photographer was from the Mayor's office. I expect that they will send me some copies - I will arrange to get some to you.

Unfortunately, Central News didn't turn up (I'd spoken to them a few days before and they were going to ring me on the day to arrange when to come).