PDA

View Full Version : MF team vs. Japan

miraberis
-31st October 2010, 13:46
I read in the Sword (which I have only just opened) that the MF team had a match against Japan at the Lansdowne club on 22nd October.

I think I remember it being mentioned on here some time ago.

Why haven't we heard anything else about it? Result? Report? Video footage?
Would love to see any of the above if they're available, please!

Stuff like this warrants a bit of publicity.

Lefty Foilist
-31st October 2010, 20:03
It'll probably be in the next Sword issue, but the lack of an online report suprises me.

Agree with every point mate. Kruse might have done his foot in during it, because the press release regarding his injury/withdrawal happened to be late on the night of Oct 22nd if I remember right. But we may have to wait a while before we know.

Same press release about Kruse's injury talked about a WC warm up event in Gdansk where the Men's Foil B team got silver- through Google, I found this http://www.gdansk.pl/nasze-miasto,856,16655.html which through Google translate one can get an idea of what happened. BF have got nothing on it.

Shame, unless they were both horrid affairs!

munkey
-31st October 2010, 22:39
I believe Japan won the match. The GB team was Jefferies, Halsted and Kenber. Kruse out due to broken foot. No official explanation of how injury was sustained.

Regards

Munkey

Gav
-1st November 2010, 11:12
It would be nice to see the vid of this event.

Lefty Foilist
-3rd November 2010, 23:07
So I was a bit bored and did some random Googling... look what I found!

http://www.courtoncamera.co.uk/blog/?p=845

Loving the masks, even if there's something I find intimidating them!

Not quite a full on match report or video/highlights, but hey, its something. :)

miraberis
-3rd November 2010, 23:20
Thanks for the link!
Very nice to see it getting a bit of exposure. There's at least one cameraman there, so hoping for some footage might not be a completely lost cause.

Lefty Foilist
-10th November 2010, 16:59
I asked Claire Bennett about it on her blog, which Claire kindly replied to (thanks again Claire).
Apparently the camera crew were from a Japanese TV station (therefore no chance of being broadcast over here, drat!), and didn't know where would be worth looking online for it.
Well, that's something for me to do while putting off coursework!

King Bobus
-18th November 2010, 14:40
Here is a link to Claire's Blog entry on the subject with some nice photos.http://claire-bennett.blogspot.com/2010/10/lansdowne-club-exhibition-match-great.html

Gav
-19th November 2010, 08:31
I asked Claire Bennett about it on her blog, which Claire kindly replied to (thanks again Claire).
Apparently the camera crew were from a Japanese TV station (therefore no chance of being broadcast over here, drat!), and didn't know where would be worth looking online for it.
Well, that's something for me to do while putting off coursework!

I just want to chuck this out there....

Next time a media crew turns up to film some fencing would it not be advantageous to agree the terms by which the film can be used by us?