PDA

View Full Version : RAF Veterans?

OldBill
-1st November 2010, 10:51
I've just joined the Vets! Although I suppose I qualified some 20 years ago..........better late than never, I suppose.

Are there any ex-RAF fencing blues around.....I seem to recollect John Crouch's name coming up on a web site somewhere, but I'm damned if I can remember where

Harty
-3rd November 2010, 10:17
OldBill,

We have the one-hit epee event and Quinquennial meal this weekend at Cosford. I'll PM you JT Gary Brailsford's mobile and he can give you details on the weekend. If you can make it along I'm sure you'll know a number of the other ex-RAF fencers who will be there.

Regards,

Graeme Hart
Captain, RAF Fencing

OldBill
-3rd November 2010, 10:36
Damn, Back where I started in 1951!

Thanks for the info Graeme.........what's a PM? (way behind with the technical terminology I am)

Bill

nickos
-3rd November 2010, 14:07
PM is a messaging system for forum members.Click on User CP on the left hand side of the blue ribbon towards the top of the screen.The private Message menu can then be found towards the bottom of the left hand menu list.Click on List Messages to view your messages.John Crouch now coaches at Leeds. I believe he is planning on going to the one-hit epee event and Quinquennial this weekend.

OldBill
-3rd November 2010, 14:24
nickos

Thanks for the helpful advice...........I'd already worked it out, but thanks (Do read things carefully, says Mrs. OldBill)

Bill

OldBill
-25th November 2010, 16:59
I've had nearly 400 fencers logging in to my post.

Early on, I was invited to a RAF One-Hit Epee competition at Cosford..............wonderful day and wonderful people. I met John Crouch and Dave Jerry again after some 35 years.

But what intrigues me is that amongst the 400 readers of the initial post, there must be enough ex-RAF fencers to consider the possibility of a fencing day together somewhere!

Why not?

ps.............it's not Old Bill as in "Police". I take it nobody has outstanding warrants?